Status
Not open for further replies.

zakdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 75 SE,Technomate (Motor,TM-2600)Dual Black inverto LNB,VU+solo2,
My Location
DK
i am in the 2800 area ,with a motor can easily get 60% 11582H is and 40% 11876H but impossible to get any signal on 11934V .
Without a motor i have én somehow succesful after abit of dish turnng to get 11582H and 11876H and 11934V at 40%,but dont understad why i cant with motor can it be because of the 28,5 as the motor is 28,2 frequency?
Yes Motor is setup with USALS.

A

archive10

i am in the 2800 area ,with a motor can easily get 60% 11582H is and 40% 11876H but impossible to get any signal on 11934V .
Without a motor i have én somehow succesful after abit of dish turnng to get 11582H and 11876H and 11934V at 40%,but dont understad why i cant with motor can it be because of the 28,5 as the motor is 28,2 frequency?
Without going into too much speculation and analysis, there is one thing that springs to mind:

The 28.2E sats are skewed slightly compared to most other sats on the arc.
This means that on fixed dish installations, the LNB need to be rotated a few degrees clockwise when looking at the dish from the front.
On a motorised set-up, your LNB can't be skewed, as all the other sats would suffer in reception.
If your installation is slightly out of alignment (but not enough to be felt on strong sats), then you will feel the effects of skew even more.

So, try, as a test, to point to 28.2E, then turn your LNB 3-4 degrees to the right (clockwise), and see if you can get the missing frequencies. Then remember to turn back the LNB to vertical (0 degrees).

This is one reason why 28.2 really is best received with a fixed dish from fronge areas.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
This is one reason why 28.2 really is best received with a fixed dish from fronge areas.

Are the Europe beams considered fringe in Denmark? I would have thought that Europe beams from all three satellites would be very strong going by other reports I've read and looking at the official footprint maps.

@zakdk Are you sure there is nothing blocking your view of 28E?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Do not forget that there is a cluster of birds and if you get maximum signal on one of them than another one suffers, when you make maximum on another bird than first one gets weaker. This "phenomenon" maybe not noticeable on small dishes but for bigger dishes this is an issue.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
There looks like rather weak signals to me. I think, for whatever reason (see other replies), you're on the edge of a digital cliff there. These should be booming in...

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
You have 2 tricks.
A. Modify the length in the tuner to adjust to 100% by satellite.
B. Having several satellites at 28.1, 28.2 and 28.3 for example.

This way you do not have to touch the length to tune the antenna to the satellite
If you want more currado, You have prepared a realción favorite channel mixing channel one and the other satellite, in 2 seconds without further engine changes.

As you have a tuner with Enigma2 (VU + Solo2) you can use the work of others for example.
In the post of the section in Spanish, you can download a list 45-48 satellites and fish.
The latest update these 3 satellites have already created apart from the rest.

Satellites.xml file within 3 satellites have already mentioned.

Relationship 28'1.- tp Flysat's assets last week.
Relationship of Astra2F 28'2.- / 2E channels and Eutelsat28A
Last 28'3.- relationship tp's Astra 2E / 2F before the changes, Astra2G arrival.
From Madrid tune more than 900 channels (TV / Radio / data).
Quieres actualizar listado de canales y añadir 45 satelites "encontrados" sin perder tus favoritos?.

In the last post, you have the new file of 48 satellites and three satellites created in 28'X.
En el ultimo post, tienes el nuevo fichero de 48 satelites y los 3 satelites creados en 28'X.

Enigma2_satellites_xml_3_28E.jpg
Tienes 2 trucos.
A.- Modificar la longitud en el sintonizador para ajustar al 100% al satelite.
B.- Tener varios satelites en 28'1, 28'2 y 28'3 por ejemplo.

De esta manera no tienes que tocar la longitud para afinar la antena al satelite
Si lo quieres mas currado, preparas una realcion de canales favoritos mezclando los canales de uno y de otro satelite, en 2 segundos cambia sin mas el motor.

Como tienes un sintonizador con Enigma2 (VU+Solo2) puedes utilizar el trabajo de otros por ejemplo.
En el post de la seccion en Español, puedes bajar un la lista 45-48 satelites ya pescados.
La ultima actualizacion tienes estos 3 satelites ya creados, aparte del resto.

Dentro del fichero satellites.xml tienes los 3 satelites ya comentados.

28'1.- Relacion de tp's activos de Flysat de la semana pasada.
28'2.- Relacion de canales Astra2F/2E y Eutelsat28A
28'3.- Ultima relacion de tp's Astra 2E/2F antes de los cambios, llegada del Astra2G.

Desde Madrid sintonizo mas de 900 canales (TV/Radio/datos).

Important/importante.
With Notepad++ you can edit the file satellites.xml and cut the part that interests you and stick to your satellites.xml file, you send it and restart tuner.
Are already active new satellites.
-----------
Con Notepad++ puedes editar el fichero satellites.xml y cortar la parte que te interese y pegar a tu fichero satellites.xml, se lo mandas al sintonizador y reinicias.
Ya estan activos los nuevos satelites.

PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif

Last edited:

Fredrik M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 dish, Inverto Black Ultra single aimed at 28.2 E, built in Philips TV receiver
Triax 110 aimed at Telstar 12 (15 W)
My Location
Landvetter (15 km E of Gothenburg), Sweden
Signals are up on 2g here in Gothenburg compared to a week ago. We had a rain storm at lunch time today (when the signal is at its weakest) and did no suffer any pixelation. Good our three year old son could watch Cbeebies HD through the storm...

A

archive10

Are the Europe beams considered fringe in Denmark? I would have thought that Europe beams from all three satellites would be very strong going by other reports I've read and looking at the official footprint maps.
I don't mean the Europe beams, I mean general reception from 28.2E.
Which is why I write "This is one reason why 28.2 really is best received with a fixed dish from fringe areas."
:cool:

zakdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
DK
...thanks i will give this a try ,curious to see if that is the source of my problem :)
You have 2 tricks.
A. Modify the length in the tuner to adjust to 100% by satellite.
B. Having several satellites at 28.1, 28.2 and 28.3 for example.

This way you do not have to touch the length to tune the antenna to the satellite
If you want more currado, You have prepared a realción favorite channel mixing channel one and the other satellite, in 2 seconds without further engine changes.

As you have a tuner with Enigma2 (VU + Solo2) you can use the work of others for example.
In the post of the section in Spanish, you can download a list 45-48 satellites and fish.
The latest update these 3 satellites have already created apart from the rest.

Satellites.xml file within 3 satellites have already mentioned.

Relationship 28'1.- tp Flysat's assets last week.
Relationship of Astra2F 28'2.- / 2E channels and Eutelsat28A
Last 28'3.- relationship tp's Astra 2E / 2F before the changes, Astra2G arrival.
From Madrid tune more than 900 channels (TV / Radio / data).
Quieres actualizar listado de canales y añadir 45 satelites "encontrados" sin perder tus favoritos?.

In the last post, you have the new file of 48 satellites and three satellites created in 28'X.
En el ultimo post, tienes el nuevo fichero de 48 satelites y los 3 satelites creados en 28'X.

View attachment 81683
Tienes 2 trucos.
A.- Modificar la longitud en el sintonizador para ajustar al 100% al satelite.
B.- Tener varios satelites en 28'1, 28'2 y 28'3 por ejemplo.

De esta manera no tienes que tocar la longitud para afinar la antena al satelite
Si lo quieres mas currado, preparas una realcion de canales favoritos mezclando los canales de uno y de otro satelite, en 2 segundos cambia sin mas el motor.

Como tienes un sintonizador con Enigma2 (VU+Solo2) puedes utilizar el trabajo de otros por ejemplo.
En el post de la seccion en Español, puedes bajar un la lista 45-48 satelites ya pescados.
La ultima actualizacion tienes estos 3 satelites ya creados, aparte del resto.

Dentro del fichero satellites.xml tienes los 3 satelites ya comentados.

28'1.- Relacion de tp's activos de Flysat de la semana pasada.
28'2.- Relacion de canales Astra2F/2E y Eutelsat28A
28'3.- Ultima relacion de tp's Astra 2E/2F antes de los cambios, llegada del Astra2G.

Desde Madrid sintonizo mas de 900 canales (TV/Radio/datos).

Important/importante.
With Notepad++ you can edit the file satellites.xml and cut the part that interests you and stick to your satellites.xml file, you send it and restart tuner.
Are already active new satellites.
-----------
Con Notepad++ puedes editar el fichero satellites.xml y cortar la parte que te interese y pegar a tu fichero satellites.xml, se lo mandas al sintonizador y reinicias.
Ya estan activos los nuevos satelites.

PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif

zakdk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
DK
installed Lista Enigma2 48 satelites.zip with dreamboxedit but 28,1 and 28,3 get greyed out??

Last edited by a moderator:

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
If favorite channels/bouquet are gray, you have these satellites in the general list.
You added satellites to satellites.xml file.?
Booted back to activate the tuner changes 100%.
After rebooting, you can do a search for channels on 2 new satellites.
img_a3636.gif

With option 1 or option 2?
Option 1 is recommended to leave what you have now and add the new.
Another option is to save your channel list, install this, reinicas tuner, you see such.
---------------------
Si los canales de favoritos/bouquet estan en gris, no tienes esos satelites en el listado general.
Añadiste los satelites al fichero satellites.xml.?
Reiniciaste el sintonizador para activar los cambios 100%.
Despues de reiniciar, puedes hacer una busqueda de canales en los 2 nuevos satelites.
img_a3636.gif

Con la opcion 1 o la opcion 2.?
La opcion 1 es la recomendada para dejar lo que tienes ahora y añadir lo nuevo.
Otra opcion es que guardes tu lista de canales, instales esta, reinicas el sintonizador, ves que tal.

If you leave me your zip list of channels on the same site, will add satellites, it is easier and faster.
Si me dejas tu listado de canales en zip en la misma web, le añado los satelites, es mas sencillo y rapido.

PS: In 15 minutes you have it/En 15 minutos lo tienes.
img_a5995.gif

Last edited:

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Some excellent++ 2E levels lately, even 2G 10964 H doing fine (normally gone in evenings) & surviving rainy weather + the even more elusive (in this location) bbc4 HD 11023 H is ok. Beam drifted towards north ?

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 19

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
My friend in DK lost BT Sport HD. Anyone know if it's moved?

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
My friend in DK lost BT Sport HD. Anyone know if it's moved?

Try scanning :-

28.2E @ BT HD Channels

11385 V 29500 FEC 7/8 DVB-S2 QPSK

Or

11386v 29500, 3/4

Info from another forum.

Regards

ferale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150, Inverto Quad Black Ultra. Sky + HD Amstrad DRX-890 - Sky subscription Ireland
My Location
Bergen, West Norway
Hi Im new to this forum. I live in Bergen, Norway (Osterøy). I have recently installed up a new 150 gibertini. I have an irish sky subs, with sky+ hd box.

My problem is that i dont get signal on 2e UK. Like Sky sports 1 HD ireland, and Sky Sports News HQ ireland, and BBC. Well i get them a couple of ours in the morning from 10-13, but then they fade away.

So i wondering if 150cm dish is big enough here in Bergen for receiving 2e UK. BBC ITV and RTé are also fading out early in the afternoon.

Anyone with some tips/idea how to align dish better, or if i need a bigger dish. Anyone else receiving 2e UK channels in Bergen?

I have a FS1 first strike meter to align the dish, but this meter cant tune HD channels. Which freq is best to tune in first, and what freq is best to fine tune.

thanks for help

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Try the vertical TPs to begin with, I tweaked my gibby 125 ( central southern norway near the first null ) on Freq 10818V 22000 5/6 DVB-S, get fine weather lock on this, your 150 Gibby should be more than adequate.

Member 4wd lives in bergen but do not think you can PM him yet.

Welcome to the forum:)

Regards

satkingno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ SoloSE, Wavefrontier T90 1W-5E-9E-10E-13E-16E-19E-23.5E, Channel Master 1.2m 28.2E 4xEMP Centauri 9/1, 8x Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Norway
Try the vertical TPs to begin with, I tweaked my gibby 125 ( central southern norway near the first null ) on Freq 10818V 22000 5/6 DVB-S, get fine weather lock on this, your 150 Gibby should be more than adequate.

Member 4wd lives in bergen but do not think you can PM him yet.

Welcome to the forum:)

Regards

Where exactly does the first null go?

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
From another forum, the approx/assumed first null line for astra 2E UK spot.

Astra 2E.jpg
Pinch of salt required:D

Regards

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Hi Im new to this forum. I live in Bergen, Norway (Osterøy).

Welcome (from sat99 on avforum). Someone here may have more info that can help, am still thinking you need more dish adjustment, the 150 should give some better results than my 120 (installations are only 20-25 km apart so sat strength should be very similar). Every mm counts in the periods with weakest signal.

Signals quite low the lastest days, the 120 dish here keept the BBC HD's until approx 19.30 (will probably be back around midnight). All SD's ok, but not much margin in the evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.