Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

satkingno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ SoloSE, Wavefrontier T90 1W-5E-9E-10E-13E-16E-19E-23.5E, Channel Master 1.2m 28.2E 4xEMP Centauri 9/1, 8x Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Norway
From another forum, the approx/assumed first null line for astra 2E UK spot.

View attachment 84302
Pinch of salt required:D

Regards

Well that is strange...because I live exactly on the null line...and I get a watchable signal on 2e/f/g on my channel master 1.2 from the afternoon until late evening/early morning. In fair weather. So how can that be?

Regards

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Well that is strange...because I live exactly on the null line...and I get a watchable signal on 2e/f/g on my channel master 1.2 from the afternoon until late evening/early morning. In fair weather. So how can that be?

Regards

Therefore "" pinch of salt "" :-rofl2

Regards

A

archive10

Regards
Well, not a pinch of salt but more like a bucket.
Empirical evidence (check Analgouesat's reception maps) shows that the 2E null is not quite as easterly as indicated in this graphic.
Bergen should still be receiving things well.

For @ferale, I think it is more a matter of optimising the dish to 2E frequencies (28.5E), rather than 2F/G (28.2E).
I have a similar "symptom" in Denmark, where my CM180 is optimised for 2E, where I now sometimes have problems with 2G channels (2F is mostly Sky).
Solution (temporary) is not to watch CH4 HD, but just CH4... (X Factor for SWMBO!)

My belief is that best reception is obtained by pointing to 28.35E or so, unfortunately there is nothing broadcasting there, so turning the dish will have to be a iterative approach checking a 2E then a 2G and repeat until both are acceptable in a balanced way...

But do check the skew and in/out position of the LNB, it cannot be repeated often enough how important this is for reception!
(Now that Eurobrid 1/Eutelsat 28A has dispappeared, there should be littel or no difference in skew between the 28.x sats.)

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Just a note on how difficult\variable reception is here, lost all from 28 UK this evening (even the ITV sd's went down for a period, they usually survive big signal dips), not that often that happens, but some evenings the signal just goes... down the drain. EU freq. full blast, zero problem there.

No need trying to adjust my dish, it's tweaked to get max level out of next to no signal, everything comes back later in the evening in a by now familiar sequence. Resorted to Filmon (always there when everything else fails :O) for a dose of Top Gear tonight.

And a few days from now (or tomorrow) it could be back to 24\24. ftm won't do anything, 28 UK is ok most of the time\most days, but if it gets worse it will be a matter of getting more dish area.

As I write, the ITV's and some 4's are back, and BBC's sd's slowly creeping back into 'receptionable' levels, to be followed by the HD's.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Ref. Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Have been looking at 10862 H levels to compare with other uk HDs, but today there was zero signal, until by trial and error found that changing from H to V restored it... ???? and on 10876 V, went to H, with a bunch of ITV's turning up !???

Tried another lnb, same, & all other freq. working fine with their normal polarity. Any explanation available :wacko: ?

Attachments

• sky.JPG
    sky.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 15

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Ref. Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Have been looking at 10862 H levels to compare with other uk HDs, but today there was zero signal, until by trial and error found that changing from H to V restored it... ???? and on 10876 V, went to H, with a bunch of ITV's turning up !???
Tried another lnb, same, & all other freq. working fine with their normal polarity. Any explanation available :wacko: ?

The channels on 10.862H moved to 10.876V this morning (Sky Sports 1 HD Ireland, Sky Sports News Ireland HD, Sky Movies Box Office HD, etc)

10.876V was cleared last week and channels moved to other Sky transponders.

ferale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150, Inverto Quad Black Ultra. Sky + HD Amstrad DRX-890 - Sky subscription Ireland
My Location
Bergen, West Norway
Today I have done some adjustment to the dish. I tried optimising the dish to 2E frequencies (28.5E), rather than 2F/G (28.2E), as recommended by ST1. Thnaks St1.

Attach screenshot form the receiver for both Sky Sports NEWS Ireland HD and Sky Sports NEWS UK HD.

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 21

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
The channels on 10.862H moved to 10.876V this morning (Sky Sports 1 HD Ireland, Sky Sports News Ireland HD, Sky Movies Box Office HD, etc)
10.876V was cleared last week and channels moved to other Sky transponders.

Ahh, so something did happen, but not me nor the equipment, was some moments of big disarray here :O)
Just rescanned 10.876V 23000 s2, all fell into place. Thanks for explanation & updated info.

(& question in post above + replies meant for 2E Scandinavia, someone may move it? Thanks)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Ahh, so something did happen, but not me nor the equipment, was some moments of big disarray here :O)
Just rescanned 10.876V 23000 s2, all fell into place. Thanks for explanation & updated info.

(& question in post above + replies meant for 2E Scandinavia, someone may move it? Thanks)
No problem, it was an usual situation with the move so close to the old transponder.

I've also shifted these posts to the other thread.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
I've also shifted these posts to the other thread.
Thanks

Today I have done some adjustment to the dish.
Things are going the right way!
Good levels here at 18.30, interesting to see if levels are any better (evenings) on the new frequency.

Attachments

• sky.JPG
    sky.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 16

ferale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150, Inverto Quad Black Ultra. Sky + HD Amstrad DRX-890 - Sky subscription Ireland
My Location
Bergen, West Norway
Thanks

Things are going the right way!
Good levels here at 18.30, interesting to see if levels are any better (evenings) on the new frequency.

Yes. Thats possible reason why i got much better s/n after finetuning. I will see how its go this evening. 2e uk still fine here. 19:40. Still strong signal on my receiver.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Yes. Thats possible reason why i got much better s/n after finetuning. I will see how its go this evening. 2e uk still fine here. 19:40. Still strong signal on my receiver.
Looks like 10.876V is one of the stronger transp., should be of help for your reception. Good luck.
Back to strong E\F\G signals here yesterday evening (BBC hd's ok), after total (!) 28 uk blackout some evenings ago.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
For several days, total E\F\G UK curfew in the evenings. Excellent daytime levels, seems the difference between day and evening has increased. EU levels excellent 24\24.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
After the period with evening blackout, E\F\G back strong yesterday + today. 2E UK excellent, even keeping a picture from the ch5's on 2G.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The likely explanation for poor reception and sudden improvement: the satellites have been going into partial, now total eclipse at night. Starting with penumbral eclipse, which would have been giving a small reduction in solar energy, they are now moving into the zone of total eclipse, requiring a switch to battery power. Peak eclipse is at 10.30pm Central Europe time. All satellites suffer from this problem at this time of year.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
The likely explanation for poor reception and sudden improvement: the satellites have been going into partial, now total eclipse at night. Starting with penumbral eclipse, which would have been giving a small reduction in solar energy, they are now moving into the zone of total eclipse, requiring a switch to battery power. Peak eclipse is at 10.30pm Central Europe time. All satellites suffer from this problem at this time of year.

Thanks for the info. The uk-beam evening levels, last week my 120 behaved like a 60 cm (black screen), this week it performs like it's grown into a 180 (good picture even in strong rain). Amazing difference.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
E\F\G continues to be excellent here (only the BBC HD's 2G go down for a few evening hours).
Someone definitely up'ed the power. Nice.

Marti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pole mount 2.4M offset channel master + Inverto Black Ultra Quad at 28.5E. 70cm triax(?) with invacom quad pointed at 27.5W. 2 x Technomate tm5402hd + Panasonic Freesat TV. + spare Prime focus dish 180cm and invacom quad c120 lnb qdf-031.
My Location
Stockholm
Here in Stockholm after a few months back getting some 2E UK spot signals during the daytime on my old 180cm prime focus dish I have now got my hands on a 240cm Channel Master. Hoping to show some results for useful channels over the next few days. Already got a picture on 11386H - but not done any fine tuning yet. Invacom quad

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi Marti! Good start, from very first post and 2,4m Channel Master! Welcome here. Looking forvard to see some pictures of your installation.

P.S. Where you guys getting those CM 2,4m dishes?! ;)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you have £2500 lying around, anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.