Status
Not open for further replies.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
BTW have been doubted by other site members on my ability to fine/tweak tune my 125 gibby to receive BBC uk spot channels @ my location.
For doubters info I get 10818.00 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6 all day rain or shine until ~5pm cet ( not sure of start time as do not watch daytime tv ) when sat does its daily wobble:-rofl2

Then I switch to evening streaming:eek:

Regards

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Yes you can:-

Finland ( i/ˈfɪnlənd/; Finnish: Suomi [suomi] ( listen); Swedish: Finland [ˈfɪnland]), officially the Republic of Finland,[7] is a Nordic country in Northern Europe bordered by Sweden to the west, Norway to the north, and Russia to the east; Estonia lies to the south across the Gulf of Finland. Finland is part of the geographic region of Fennoscandia, which also includes Scandinavia and parts of Russia.

_Finland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
View attachment 86201

But the thread title isn't Fennoscandia and the Baltics.

Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic... ho hum.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
But the thread title isn't Fennoscandia and the Baltics.

Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic... ho hum.

Think the general consensus who gives a monkeys wats it.

Post all you want on this thread, your input is most welcome.

Regards

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Methinks Timo was just stirring the waters a bit.

I can relate to that...

Marti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pole mount 2.4M offset channel master + Inverto Black Ultra Quad at 28.5E. 70cm triax(?) with invacom quad pointed at 27.5W. 2 x Technomate tm5402hd + Panasonic Freesat TV. + spare Prime focus dish 180cm and invacom quad c120 lnb qdf-031.
My Location
Stockholm
Cannot understand why the HD channels are pixellating with that barn door size dish @ your location, maybe more tweaking needed:D

Regards

Reception reports Astra UK spot 2E

Analoguesat's Astra 2E UK reception reports

The HD channels are working fine now (only the 2E ones) - I do not get any 2G signals as I optimised for 2E - the difference between the two positions is noticeable. Not bothered about the 2G signlas - but will experiment more. I am a total amateur but have been learning since moving to Sweden - got Intelsat 907 up and running but couldn't resist the 2.4 and now feel ready for the inevitable 907 switch-off, when it comes.

Here's a snap of my set up, big dish fans ..

Attachments

• CM240.jpg
    CM240.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 41
A

archive10

The HD channels are working fine now (only the 2E ones) - I do not get any 2G signals as I optimised for 2E - the difference between the two positions is noticeable. Not bothered about the 2G signlas - but will experiment more. I am a total amateur but have been learning since moving to Sweden - got Intelsat 907 up and running but couldn't resist the 2.4 and now feel ready for the inevitable 907 switch-off, when it comes.

Here's a snap of my set up, big dish fans ..
Veeeery nice.
Only slightly envious... :)

But ... mooore pics, please.
What does the back look like?
Where's the heating device?
How did you fix your 6" pole in the ground? (No innuendos intended!)

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Methinks Timo was just stirring the waters a bit.

Little bit of myself straying off topic again:D

Will try too refrain, no promises:eek:

Stirring the sh!t might be more appropriate analogy:-rofl2

_Urban Dictionary: shit stirring

Regards

Any one in the nordic or baltic regions are welcome to post their 2E observations on this threadcheers2.gif

Marti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pole mount 2.4M offset channel master + Inverto Black Ultra Quad at 28.5E. 70cm triax(?) with invacom quad pointed at 27.5W. 2 x Technomate tm5402hd + Panasonic Freesat TV. + spare Prime focus dish 180cm and invacom quad c120 lnb qdf-031.
My Location
Stockholm
Veeeery nice.
Only slightly envious... :)

But ... mooore pics, please.
What does the back look like?
Where's the heating device?
How did you fix your 6" pole in the ground? (No innuendos intended!)
Will get some more pics soon. We have clay here so dug a 5ft hole, lowered my massive pole in with the help of "a friend" (there was an "I" beam at the bottom of the pole which was itself about 5ft long). After that wedged bits of rock until level. Then 3 wheelbarrows full of concrete, checked straight and true with a spirit level, then after giving it a day to set backfilled the hole with some gravel and then clay soil again to top.

More on reception - I tried today to, ahem, "get some joy from furiously tweaking to try to find the elusive UK G-spot" so to speak :-ohmy) and the UK F-spot. I can confirm after trying today that the reception in Stockholm is on a null line for Astra 2F and 2G. I think the fact that 2E is further east is the only reason I can get the 2E UK spot beam reception.

Unfortunately due to the wobble (or thanks to the wobble depending when you are watching) the HD transponder gives a good enough signal to watch from about 9am and becomes unwatchable from about 6pm. At it's lunchtime peak HD BBC One etc gives me a perfectly watchable 65%. The SD transponders are stronger peaking 68% then dipping to 56% in the evening but no pixellation and seem to be OK all the time.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Welcome to the Astra 2E wobble forum for the nordic and baltic regions:-doh

Alternative is streaming:D

Regards

Tronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2,3 metre Prime focus dish with Invacom Quad or Inverto Black Pro Quad LNB. TBS5922SE Receiver and Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sweden
Unfortunately due to the wobble (or thanks to the wobble depending when you are watching) the HD transponder gives a good enough signal to watch from about 9am and becomes unwatchable from about 6pm. At it's lunchtime peak HD BBC One etc gives me a perfectly watchable 65%. The SD transponders are stronger peaking 68% then dipping to 56% in the evening but no pixellation and seem to be OK all the time.

Interesting to compare with you Marti! I live about 240 km north west of you and I have a 230 cm prime focus antenna (made by Parabolic A:cool: and at the moment a MTI AP8-TW LNB with a SMW feed horn. I do get the SD channels on 2E, 2F and 2G most of the time and the HD channels as well, but almost no weather margin on the HD channels. All channels are stronger during the day and fading in the evening. The receiver is a Foxsat HDR.

Attachments

• 230 cm Parabolic AB.jpg
    230 cm Parabolic AB.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 30

margusten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DR.HD F15, TBS-5925, Dream 800PVR, GM TripleX
Aerial AS24 polarmount 95E - 13E Ku+C, fixed 3M 28.2E, 27.5W ...
My Location
Estonia
Reception of Astra 2E UK beam little bit better then at summer time.
Lower frequency transponders are receivable at morning and day time again using modified 3M radiolink antenna.
Also removed hat from this antenna (to see hat, You can check My earlier postings).

Attachments

• 3meest.jpg
    3meest.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 3mtagant.jpg
    3mtagant.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

margusten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DR.HD F15, TBS-5925, Dream 800PVR, GM TripleX
Aerial AS24 polarmount 95E - 13E Ku+C, fixed 3M 28.2E, 27.5W ...
My Location
Estonia
I forget RFscan of Astra 2E from this 3M beast.
28.2E-RFScanh2e.png 28.2E-RFScanv2e.png

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Reception of Astra 2E UK beam little bit better then at summer time.
Lower frequency transponders are receivable at morning and day time again using modified 3M radiolink antenna.
Also removed hat from this antenna (to see hat, You can check My earlier postings).

I like those pictures....enough said. :D

Marti

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stockholm
Welcome to the Astra 2E wobble forum for the nordic and baltic regions:-doh

Alternative is streaming:D

Regards
Yeah. Streaming. I kind of realized that a good few months ago when I saw that nobody actually watches the live telly anymore. I have a Roku 2 and a good WiFi-Router-VPN-always-on set up as well, but this dish thing became an obsession. It has to stop soon - but seeing the petals on @margusten's dish ..

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Yeah. Streaming. I kind of realized that a good few months ago when I saw that nobody actually watches the live telly anymore. I have a Roku 2 and a good WiFi-Router-VPN-always-on set up as well, but this dish thing became an obsession. It has to stop soon - but seeing the petals on @margusten's dish ..
They are installing fibre in the village this week.The problem is it costs £2000 for a connection and I'm too old to spread the cost.So no streaming for me.

Tronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2,3 metre Prime focus dish with Invacom Quad or Inverto Black Pro Quad LNB. TBS5922SE Receiver and Foxsat HDR
My Location
Sweden
They are installing fibre in the village this week.The problem is it costs £2000 for a connection and I'm too old to spread the cost.So no streaming for me.

How are you doing with your 1,2 metre dish?

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Found my maximum lnb test post:)

And my IBU testing single versus quad:-

Inverto ultra black single versus quad signal strength fringe reception astra 1N @28.2E bbc/itv from central southern norway, 100 cm tm dish, tm5204 hdci m2 stb, 5 meter brand new high quality copper braided coax.
Comparison done on the veranda thus could bypass the diseqc motor clear blue sky temp ~+20c, every position ( every 2 mm with skew test left center right ) tried on the long necks ( had hoped the extra longneck on the single would let me find the sweet spot on the dish ) spent 4 hours testing ( dish is mounted head height at the end of the veranda firmly anchored top and bottom ).

Conclusion :-

The quad had a slight edge over the single on all TPs ( 8 ) tested signal strengths on the quad were level 96/97 quality 88/92 the single were level 96/97 quality 85/92.

Also tested a wildcard LNB the Maximum v4 quad 0.2 Db on the same setup and TPs results were level 97 constant quality 90/95.

As you can guess I have left the maximum in place.

Hope this helps ppl with fringe reception.

Regards

Ps. Also tried all the TPs on astra 2F level 97 quality 8 so no lock.

Which quad lnb?

Post 14

Regards

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
How are you doing with your 1,2 metre dish?
If the sky is clear BBCHD is ok but not ITVHD and C4HD, all SD channels are ok except 4seven .We don't miss much but did have to download the first two episodes of Beck because BBC four SD goes away in bad weather.My wife studies the TV guide and records the stuff she really wants from the best regional signals on vertical transponders.

Status
Not open for further replies.