Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much improved 28E reception, 150 Gibby dish and a Captain Jack`s (GI) lnb just need too source a decent sat reciever.

But as the saying goes "" one step at a time "" :)

Skomedal, do you live nearby Kristiansand?
 
Belated UK SB reception report for SW Fyn, Denmark. Conclusion: Failed!

Astra 2 @ 28E UK SB 2E/F normally only available for a limited time period around lunchtime.

Varies, but usually solid reception between 11am and 14.00pm.

Only occasionally useful reception outside these times.

I have fine tuned my 1.8 Salora PF and lately a Kathrein 2.2m alloy PF dish to the last squeak.

My Fortec Star Passion HD receiver won't lock below 53% Q. Signal strength varies on UKSB between 72 and 76%.

The IRTE alloy feedhorn proved to be superior by 2% on Quality.
So the C120 conversion, which I turned to match the original Kathrein feedhorn, was a waste of time and material.
An Invacom feedhorn is unlikely to offer much extra over the IRTE despite a slightly better, theoretical F/D match.
I replaced the old coax cable with 33m of Webro HD100 with no change.

Now giving up on UK SB Satellite TV. The next step up in dish size would be complete madness!
I doubt a new receiver would help much either having tried a borrowed Kathrein with very similar results.

I haven't decided whether to sell all my dishes yet. If I moved to another location they might still be useful.

The presumption must be that I am sitting close to the null line which runs through Fyn in central Denmark.

Here's a link to an even longer, illustrated description of all my wasted efforts:

A TV Satellite Dish Restoration Project

RIP 2D. Alas, we knew Him well.
Size Matters, this irte alloy feedhorn. Is it still available and where can I buy from?
 
Size Matters, this irte alloy feedhorn. Is it still available and where can I buy from?
Last viewing from Chris (SM) here was almost three years ago, he has some non satellite related blogs on his own site from last year.


The feed mentioned is possibly available from somebody with a secondhand 90, or 1.2m IRTE dish though it will not be much use if the f/d ratio of your dish is different ( 0.4-0.43)
 
Last viewing from Chris (SM) here was almost three years ago, he has some non satellite related blogs on his own site from last year.


The feed mentioned is possibly available from somebody with a secondhand 90, or 1.2m IRTE dish though it will not be much use if the f/d ratio of your dish is different ( 0.4-0.43)
My dish is an old comtech 5 meter fiber dish. I dont know the f/d ratio though I use a molded mti highline lnbf. Have used invacom feedhorn before but didnt get a good signal. Any help on the right feedhorn for this dish and the f/d ratio?
 
My dish is an old comtech 5 meter fiber dish. I dont know the f/d ratio though I use a molded mti highline lnbf. Have used invacom feedhorn before but didnt get a good signal. Any help on the right feedhorn for this dish and the f/d ratio?
No. Take some measurements.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top