Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
2E UK beam seems to be receivable 24h with 5m dish in SW of Finland (Huittinen). Horizontals weaker than Verticals. Weakest SNR is 8.2db (10936V) at the moment, so in that sense no margin for rain. But best SNR is 10.1db (10744H) at the moment. It is odd that even though verticals are stronger (over 3 dbm), the SNR is not better.
Anyway against 1N, 2E is better at the moment. But that can change if 2E is not in final place yet and/or power levels are tweaked.
Apparently 2E is at 28.3E, you might get even better reception if you move the dish a tiny bit, considering a 5m is going to need pretty accurate alignment.
 
OK late last night and all day, but breaking up as Signal\Quality drops below 30\35 on late evening (same pattern as yesterday). Will probably be watchable again around midnight.

try to skw lnb or move dish east
 
Apparently 2E is at 28.3E, you might get even better reception if you move the dish a tiny bit, considering a 5m is going to need pretty accurate alignment.
Before 2E, for 1N/2F I had to make compromise with these to get some weaker 1N horizontals. I just moved LNB, the difference was at least 3mm from "center" towards ground. Actually I do not know if LNB is in exact right place (center+ distance from dish), as I do not have original LNB support arms. Also the dish is fixed installation at the moment, so no motor system to make alignments during the day. Adjustments can be made only with 1.5meter iron bar and 30mm/35mm spanners.
 
I recommend a lump hammer in the event of loss of reception :-lol
 
Tallinn today 125x140cm+BU+tbs5922
Tallinn125x140dish.webp
 
Apparently 2E is at 28.3E, you might get even better reception if you move the dish a tiny bit, considering a 5m is going to need pretty accurate alignment.

All channels coming in fine here (1.8m Channel Master + BUQ).
The BBC and some others are now 85-90% in strength on the FoxSat, and 90%-95% quality.
If 2E is at 28.3, then that could explain why 2F comes in a tad stronger.
Everything works fine, so I'll spare the re-alignment (I'm sure the bolts on the CM mount have dug themselves into the pipe when I tightened them last, so it might be difficult to move the mount 0.1 degree...)
 
try to skw lnb or move dish east
Thanks for the tip, I've tried adjusting everything on the 90cm, even millimeters matters here. Got BBC 20 out of 24 h, but no weather margin. Conclusion is a larger dish for any real stability. As to how large, will see when 2E\2F has settled completely.
 
All channels coming in fine here (1.8m Channel Master + BUQ).
The BBC and some others are now 85-90% in strength on the FoxSat, and 90%-95% quality.
If 2E is at 28.3, then that could explain why 2F comes in a tad stronger.
Everything works fine, so I'll spare the re-alignment (I'm sure the bolts on the CM mount have dug themselves into the pipe when I tightened them last, so it might be difficult to move the mount 0.1 degree...)
In the spring I'm going to have a look at my 1.8m on the roof but I'm also a little worried about fine tuning it as I had it pretty much spot on for Astra 2D and it's done up tight!!
 
Apparently 2E is at 28.3E, you might get even better reception if you move the dish a tiny bit, considering a 5m is going to need pretty accurate alignment.

astra 2e move 0.0.5 w now 28.3 e
 
Better co-location with 2F surely has to make life easier? ie "Good"!
 
In the spring I'm going to have a look at my 1.8m on the roof but I'm also a little worried about fine tuning it as I had it pretty much spot on for Astra 2D and it's done up tight!!
Exactly same situation here.
But which one to optimise for now?
Somewhere midway between 2F@28.2 and 2E@28.3, as they are the ones with "proper" spot-beams (and meaningful channels on them)?
What when 1N leaves - will 2E slide nicely into that slot, so not adjustment necessary?
 
Here's a new one for the map:-
Location Hillerød, Denmark - 55.56 N 12.21 E
1.5m prime focus
Examples -
BBC ONE HD available from about 7pm to 9am
BBC 1 East (East) SD unavailable from about 11am to 1pm

2F is OK 24/7
 
Exactly same situation here.
But which one to optimise for now?
Somewhere midway between 2F@28.2 and 2E@28.3, as they are the ones with "proper" spot-beams (and meaningful channels on them)?
What when 1N leaves - will 2E slide nicely into that slot, so not adjustment necessary?

astra 1n turn end of next weekend
 
Exactly same situation here.
But which one to optimise for now?
Somewhere midway between 2F@28.2 and 2E@28.3, as they are the ones with "proper" spot-beams (and meaningful channels on them)?
What when 1N leaves - will 2E slide nicely into that slot, so not adjustment necessary?
Sadly I don't think I'll have a chance on the spot beams of either 2F or 2E (not that I won't try!) but I think I'll end up tweaking for 2F as the Europe beam is right on the edge for me, whereas 2E Europe seems surprisingly decent here. Assuming nothing changes in the mean time as you say...
 
Here's a new one for the map:-
Location Hillerød, Denmark - 55.56 N 12.21 E
1.5m prime focus
Examples -
BBC ONE HD available from about 7pm to 9am
BBC 1 East (East) SD unavailable from about 11am to 1pm

2F is OK 24/7
What make of dish and LNB are you using?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top