Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
@st1
It's a Triax dish purchased in 1987 plus Invacom C120 twin added during the 2D days with original Triax feedhorn attached.
Looking through my papers to find the exact date of purchase I saw I paid DKK800 - about £90 - to P&T (Post and Telegraph Agency) for permission to setup a dish in my garden!
 
Here's what I get from a 2.4m Aerial with Black inverto ultra lnb. Much the same as Timo with his 1.8m in Helsinki but I'm around 60 km north of there. Tempted to setup my 1.8 CM antenna again to see if it's just my 2.4 antenna that is not as efficient as it shoud be (Its quite old) but its a bit of work for no perceivable gain. I tweaked the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew yesterday since the antenna is easy to get to but it was pretty much spot on, so no easy gains to be had there. For now anyway enjoying the change...l


11.720GHz/H 12.9dB
11.739GHz/V 12.8dB
11.758GHz/H 13.2dB
11.778GHz/V 13.0dB
11.798GHz/H 12.7dB
11.836GHz/H 13.3dB
11.856GHz/V 11.7dB
11.914GHz/H 12.6dB
11.934GHz/V 11.9dB
12.012GHz/V 8.2dB
12.344GHz/H 8.5dB
12.363GHz/H 9.5dB
12.382GHz/H 9.9dB
12.460GHz/H 7.3dB
 
Here's what I get from a 2.4m Aerial with Black inverto ultra lnb. Much the same as Timo with his 1.8m in Helsinki but I'm around 60 km north of there. Tempted to setup my 1.8 CM antenna again to see if it's just my 2.4 antenna that is not as efficient as it shoud be (Its quite old) but its a bit of work for no perceivable gain. I tweaked the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew yesterday since the antenna is easy to get to but it was pretty much spot on, so no easy gains to be had there. For now anyway enjoying the change...l


11.720GHz/H 12.9dB
11.739GHz/V 12.8dB
11.758GHz/H 13.2dB
11.778GHz/V 13.0dB
11.798GHz/H 12.7dB
11.836GHz/H 13.3dB
11.856GHz/V 11.7dB
11.914GHz/H 12.6dB
11.934GHz/V 11.9dB
12.012GHz/V 8.2dB
12.344GHz/H 8.5dB
12.363GHz/H 9.5dB
12.382GHz/H 9.9dB
12.460GHz/H 7.3dB

That's interesting, especially the way they fade out at the top of the band like for me too. Can you see 2F?
 
125 Gibby and Kerava, which is quite near of Riihimäki. Isn´t it, only few trainstops between us:lol: Interesting that "only" these marginals between 2.4 and 1.25 dishes, though other offset. Also clouds back and little bit better signals when clier skies.

11.720GHz/H 10.7dB
11.739GHz/V 10.6dB
11.758GHz/H 10.2dB
11.778GHz/V 10.5dB
11.798GHz/H 10.2dB
11.836GHz/H 10.4dB
11.856GHz/V 10.2dB
11.914GHz/H 9.6dB
11.934GHz/V 9.9dB
12.012GHz/V 4.1dB
12.344GHz/H 7.0dB
12.363GHz/V 9.1dB
12.382GHz/H 8.4dB
12.460GHz/H 6.2dB
 
Hi,
Yes I can see 2F, although not the UK spot of course. I am really wondering though if the 2.4 has seen better days, I strung it in summer and there was about 1 cm bewteen the cross strings, plus few small bullet dents in it, so it is not quite true. I realigned the lnb focal point (was about 3 cms off centre by measuring the center of the dish and then using a laser mounted in the feedhorn which helped. I have a CM1.8 offset I bought from new so may put that back in..maybe.. Anyway here is the 2F SN ratios

12.515GHz/H 7.4dB
12.522GHz/V 6.3dB
12.544GHz/H 7.8dB
12.552GHz/V 6.2dB
12.574GHz/H 6.8dB
12.581GHz/V 6.1dB
12.604GHz/H 7.5dB
12.610GHz/V 6.8dB
12.633GHz/H 7.4dB
12.640GHz/V 7.4dB
12.663GHz/H 7.1dB
12.670GHz/V 7.0dB
 
Here in Tallinn with 125x140 12363V is 9,5dB in morning and 10,7dB in 16.00.
But 2F is very stabil 12515-12670 6,0dB-8,4dB.
 
Anyway here is the 2F SN ratios

12.515GHz/H 7.4dB
12.522GHz/V 6.3dB
12.544GHz/H 7.8dB
12.552GHz/V 6.2dB
12.574GHz/H 6.8dB
12.581GHz/V 6.1dB
12.604GHz/H 7.5dB
12.610GHz/V 6.8dB
12.633GHz/H 7.4dB
12.640GHz/V 7.4dB
12.663GHz/H 7.1dB
12.670GHz/V 7.0dB

Thanks, that looks about the same as mine on a 1.8m in Helsinki.
 
It's a bit unfair that levels for those transponders are 4 dB higher on this side of the Baltic sea.
On the other hand you have Humppatanssi as compensation to even things out.
 
Still got good BBC reception approx 20 hours a day, with the same fading pattern as the previous days, losing picture around 19.30 and coming back around 23.30.
 

Attachments

  • 818.webp
    818.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 77
It's a bit unfair that levels for those transponders are 4 dB higher on this side of the Baltic sea.
On the other hand you have Humppatanssi as compensation to even things out.

Yep, You´re right. No time to watch telly at all, cause Humppatanssi take all free time from us:-rofl2

(Translation: Humppatanssi-> "idiot" dance for older countrypeople here).
 
No UK spotbeam signals at all since Thursday evening, with a 110 cm single focus dish and Echostar HDS-600RS. I'm glad for the tip about the BBC Red Button 2 channel, though, and ITV Borders and Channel 4 are still there so far.

Oddly, Al Jazeeera English and Euronews are much weaker than they were (the box shows a signal level of 45%, quality 60%), despite good weather here this evening. Reception has never previously been a problem here on any channel before the switchover, except in torrential downpours.

Glad I bought a Now TV box and set up a router for a UK VPN connection so I can still watch some online TV.


Gl. Ullits, Northern Jutland, Denmark

56.712 N ,9.304 E
 
Here near Vansbro at 60.51N 14.28E with light cloud we are receiving everything but sky news and 4HD .
BBC's seem to have gone up a little since yesterday.Judging by what has happened over the last few days we will probably lose it all whenever it rains or snows.
 
ITV etc are all here, as expected. As with the BBC channels, some loss of strength vs 1N, need a little larger dish to compensate for some hours of evening fading, and to secure some weather margin. Overall, 2E reception much better than expected, and stronger signal than 2F.
 

Attachments

  • itv.webp
    itv.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 70
I am getting Astra 2e European beam 24/7 in Vaasa Finland on my Samsung TV with 85 cm antenna. My tv does not give reliable strengt figures so do not know how strong the signal is.
I was not expecting that as official footprint maps do not include Finland at all.
http://www.ses.com/4628866/astra-2e

I cannot get any Astra 2F channels. Not even those on European beam IF Lyngsat have them listem them correctly. Noticed that Kingofsat has listed the same channels as UK spot beam.
http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2F.html
 
Last edited:
My location for the map (see post 94) Vaasa, Finland

Lat 63.1
Lon 21.6
 
Last edited:
How are you doing with the UK beam clubsms? Any signal at all?
 
No astra 2e uk beam.

Astra 2e european beam is suprisingly working great with 85 cm antenna although I live way beyond the official footprint.
Cannot recieve anything from astra 2f europe or uk beam,
Astra 2a north and south beam working 24/7
Eutelsat 28A working allright most of the time but possible breakup when raining.
Did not recieve 1N pan european or uk beam.
 
Astra 2e european beam is suprisingly working great with 85 cm antenna although I live way beyond the official footprint

That is very interesting, could this be a side lobe? Sounds like you got a better signal than me in Helsinki!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top