Astra 2E: Scandinavia & Baltics Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

2E report from Sweden (Kungsbacka)
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=57.450129ºN, 12.040053ºE&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=57.444949,12.041016&spn=10.269189,21.884766&hnear=0x464fe8394ba51c89:0x48afe815be969032,57.450129ºN, 12.040053ºE&t=h&z=6

Triax 100 cm dish and Inverto Black Ultra Quad. Get all H transponders 24/7. The vertical ones are weaker, mainly due to the LNB. SD channels ok almost 24/7 but HD channels, e.g 10847V only ok in the evening/night. Live close to the first null so have some variation in signal level over a 24 hours period.

http://www.eta.chalmers.se/~muy/weather/wx/grafer_astra.php

Will test to change the LNB to see if I can get a little bit better SNR for the verticals. If not I will rotate the LNB 90 degrees. I want to focus on the HD channels which are mostly verticals. 2E is weaker compared to 2F but it can also be my LNB that is less good at the lower frequencies...

I can also upgrade my 100 cm dish but I want to squeeze a little bit more out of the system before taking any decisions about that.
 
I bought a 1 time used dish from some one i know who told me its 125cm. But i am afraid its not 125cm but maybe 120cm :(

I just did some tests with 120 cm or 125cm ( dont know what it is ) with a old smart tit 0.2db lnb. I dont get clear picture on BBC and ITV channels. No picture at all on HD channels. Sky premier HD went up from 6.5db to 10.5db but dropped signal's on 2f channels.

I am not sure if i gona keep this dish or either give back or sell to some one else. And than buy gibertini 125 cm or 140cm dish with Inverto black edition lnb. I live near Drammen


Any one know if this is gibertini 125 cm ?


2014_02_13_16_59_45.jpg
 
Last edited:
12363V signal is much weaker than before here..
is it uplink problem?
 
I bought a 1 time used dish from some one i know who told me its 125cm. But i am afraid its not 125cm but maybe 120cm :(

I just did some tests with 120 cm or 125cm ( dont know what it is ) with a old smart tit 0.2db lnb. I dont get clear picture on BBC and ITV channels. No picture at all on HD channels. Sky premier HD went up from 6.5db to 10.5db but dropped signal's on 2f channels.

I am not sure if i gona keep this dish or either give back or sell to some one else. And than buy gibertini 125 cm or 140cm dish with Inverto black edition lnb. I live near Drammen


Any one know if this is gibertini 125 cm ?


2014_02_13_16_59_45.jpg
If you look from behind the bracket is easily whether it is a Gibertini 125 cm, ahead of the LNB support arm is, so are last, oldest 2 arms, like this, this is one of 130 in print.

Better Gibertini 150cm.
-------------
Si miras el soporte por detras se ve facilmente si es una gibertini 125 cm, por delante el soporte del LNB es de un brazo, las ultimas son asi, mas viejas con 2 brazos, como esta, esta es una de 130 descatalogada.

Mejor la gibertini 150cm.
 

Attachments

  • 01_gibertini_6.webp
    01_gibertini_6.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 01_gibertini_1.webp
    01_gibertini_1.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 01_gibertini_2.webp
    01_gibertini_2.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 01_gibertini_3.webp
    01_gibertini_3.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 01_gibertini_4.webp
    01_gibertini_4.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 01_gibertini_5.webp
    01_gibertini_5.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 108
I found out its not Gibertini :( But question is will Gibertini do better job ? Will i get better signal or its waste of money spending double

29.jpg
 
yes, I know , but its 7,7dB (was yesterday 10dB )
It's true that levels are lower compared to those normally I have (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
We will see that this morning.
It's raining now, but all week mostly cloudy in Madrid (spain).
-------
Es cierto que estan mas bajos los niveles comparando con los que tengo normalmente (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
Veremos mañana que tal.
Esta lloviendo ahora, pero toda la semana muy nublado por Madrid (spain).

12363 = 18.50dB Señal/SNR100 AGC99% BER 0 (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
12363 = 15.50dB Señal/SNR 96 AGC99% BER 0 (15-2-2014 23:20 GMT)
 
I found out its not Gibertini :( But question is will Gibertini do better job ? Will i get better signal or its waste of money spending double
Same size Gibertini = no or small difference.
You may get a db or two if the old dish is badly designed/made (yours look ok, though).

If you need just a little more signal quality, say, to eliminate pixellation on a couple of pariticularly difficult transponders, then optimize with different LNB (Inverto Black Ultras Quads work very well for us in the Nordics), and fine-tune dish- orientation and LNB-positioning (in-out + skew) with a proper SAT-meter (to maximise C/N first, then BER etc).

But mostly, a bigger dish is the answer. Nothing beats bigger reflector area (for a single-piece reflector).
150 over 120 is 1,56 times the area.
180 over 120 is 2.25 times the area.

more power into the LNB => better Carrier to Noise ratio => better signal quality
 
Not sure if this is relevant but i got in ch 0121 gold radio, With slight break up, Yesterday with very Heavy cloud. have no idea which satellite that is on is it the uk beam on 2e ?
 
Not sure if this is relevant but i got in ch 0121 gold radio, With slight break up, Yesterday with very Heavy cloud. have no idea which satellite that is on is it the uk beam on 2e ?
Gold radio is Astra 2F EuroBeam 12522V
Clubland Tv is on same tp.
 
It's true that levels are lower compared to those normally I have (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
We will see that this morning.
It's raining now, but all week mostly cloudy in Madrid (spain).
-------
Es cierto que estan mas bajos los niveles comparando con los que tengo normalmente (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
Veremos mañana que tal.
Esta lloviendo ahora, pero toda la semana muy nublado por Madrid (spain).
It's morning and only improved +0.5 dB
Ya es mañana y solo mejoraron +0.5dB

It rains occasionally, not now.
Llueve de vez en cuando, ahora no.

12363 = 18.50dB Señal/SNR100 AGC99% BER 0 (13-2-2014 8:00 GMT)
12363 = 15.50dB Señal/SNR 96 AGC99% BER 0 (14-2-2014 23:20 GMT)
12363 = 16.00dB Señal/SNR100 AGC99% BER 0 (15-2-2014 13:07 GMT)

Levels are lower/Son mas bajos los niveles.

It's official movement that some notice of Astra2E, was 28.34 ° East.
Ya es oficial el movimiento que algunos notamos del Astra2E, esta en 28.34ºEste.

Link to news/enlace a la noticia:
http://skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html
 
It's my new Yves Rocher "Signal Attraction All Day Rejuvenation And Amplification Cream"
that literally sucks the signals from neighbouring countries. It' 12,1 here now (12363V that is).
 
It's my new Yves Rocher "Signal Attraction All Day Rejuvenation And Amplification Cream"
that literally sucks the signals from neighbouring countries. It' 12,1 here now (12363V that is).
Ahh, you're stealing the signal in the evenings! 2E uk continues to fade out here between approx. 19.30 and fades back in around 23.30. Rest of the time good reception on my 90cm. Been like that since the start.

12363V and all the other on 2E eu are very strong here.

Overall, 2E uk still much better than feared, much better than 2F uk.
Will give it some more time then decide the new dish size.
 
Hello everyone my first post here is of course prompted by the loss of bbd etc so I thought I'd share my setup and position.

Receiving all channels except ITV HD during the day and then lose all the beeb itv 4 and 5 for a few hours after 7pm (CET), getting them all back at about 2200.

I Have a 100cm offset dish with Inverto Black Ultra Quad with Sky HD (with subs.)
I am located in Frekhaug which is about 30 mins North of Bergen city centre right on the West coast of Norway.

I am trying a 120cm dish tomorrow night so will report back then. I have also ordered a proper NIT satellite meter, new cable and a couple of Triax in-line LNB amps that I will try next week.

Wish me luck! :-)
 
Welcome, thanks for your report and GOOD LUCK!
 
Thank you for all the reports folks.

This thread is now up to date to here
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top