Captain Jack
Retired human
- My Satellite Setup
- See signature
- My Location
- North Somerset
That's some good aiming there!
What make is the 2.4m and what do you get with it?
What make is the 2.4m and what do you get with it?
Looks like an Aerial Oy AS24 2.4m, am I right satiwi? I have the 1.8m version.That's some good aiming there!
What make is the 2.4m and what do you get with it?
I would like to get in contact with the member in Trondheim Norway who has given report good signals on 180cm dish. See Google maps. Can anyone tell me??Mission completed!, Both Astra 2E and IS907 now working on the DM800se here in Finland w/ transparent switching of antennas and cam modes between 2E and 907 on channel changes.![]()
Received and installed my Laminas OFC-1200 today here in Vansbro Sweden and now get all spot beam channels including HD even in the evening!
Getting ITV 1 SD at eveving with 6.5 - 7 db . Had only sunny days since got new Triax 110cm dish.
I live in Drammen area

There's a far quicker, easier and cost-free solution to the droopy arm on the TD110: Where it passes through the dish face, simply raise it with your fingers and insert a spacer of matchsticks, coins, whatever is lying around.
Highly effective.
Yes,direct from Laminas.Nice !
You are on the "right" side of the 1st side lobe ? Lower signal in the evening. I have not seen so many reports from "that side". I 'm still wondering where the "maximum (24h average) power level" from the 1st side lobe is in Sweden...
Where did you buy the dish, from Poland ?
I also noticed that I got a better signal if I raised the lnb arm slightly. However, instead of adjusting the arm, I managed to improve reception by pushing the lnb a couple of cm forward through its holder. I guess there is some room for further improvements...I did that first but it's only stable for some time. The LNB umbrella added some weight and the wind also pushes it out of position. No more adjustments since I added the bars....
You probably need to do both. On massproduced steel dish assemblies, the feedhorn of the LNB is not always in the centre of the beam focus point. This applies both to up/down and in/out. On some very questionable designs, it even applies to tipping the LNB slightly to get more focus on the antennas in the LNB. Fine tuning best done with meter and weak transponders. And remember 28.5 is skewed differently from 28.2 sats (so dont use 28.5 transponders).I also noticed that I got a better signal if I raised the lnb arm slightly. However, instead of adjusting the arm, I managed to improve reception by pushing the lnb a couple of cm forward through its holder. I guess there is some room for further improvements...
I think you can improve your system. Check the position of the LNB arm. My was too low. I have improved it with some aluminum bars (10x3 mm) "Twist" them slightly with a pair of clamps. It's then easy to adjust the arm into correct position and the stability increase a lot..
View attachment 64043 View attachment 64044
ThxI will try that but how much better signal i will get ? 1 2 db or more ?
![]()