Astra 2E: Testing at 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are testing different beams...
10818V is stronger then 12401V and the strongest is 11710H
 

Attachments

  • astra2e_43.5_9.webp
    astra2e_43.5_9.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 51
10818 V-6.6 dB-reactivated
11710 H-6.7 dB-reactivated
12300 H-5.4 dB
12400 V-6.0dB-new activated
 

Attachments

  • 10818 V.webp
    10818 V.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 43.5E.webp
    43.5E.webp
    101.7 KB · Views: 41
43.5E-RFScan13.webp

10818 very strong here, but the other three are quite strong too...
 
I have very weak peak on 10818V too, thus it isn't UK beam. I had nothing when UK beam was tested, but can see some signal on the spectrum now.
 

Attachments

  • 43.5E-RFScan_2227.webp
    43.5E-RFScan_2227.webp
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
Can you see 11668V? -very low signal...
A2E-test11668V.webp
 
Last edited:
10818V
11710H
12304H
12400V
 
can't see 12304H from Kiev
 
I have very weak peak on 10818V too, thus it isn't UK beam.

it certainly is the UK beam.... dont forget the whole stuff is shifted 15° to the east. So I am pretty much right within the spot right now, and it beams here like superman's eyes. No signals are as strong as those below 10.95 GHz...
 
10818V, 11710H, 12304H, 12402V

2etest.webp
 
on which beam is 12304H ? I can't see any signal there...
 
UK beam I guess...
 
good evening to all friends
 

Attachments

  • 12404.webp
    12404.webp
    179.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 11706.webp
    11706.webp
    170.6 KB · Views: 39
12402v
look weak tp 12402v
 

Attachments

  • 12402v.gif
    12402v.gif
    78.3 KB · Views: 40
I do not know what makes you think that some of the carriers are on the spot UK .Even if "the whole stuff is shifted 15° to the east",it's hard to believe that having a signal around 7 dB on some of the carriers, they would be on the island spot?The only valid argument, in my opinion, as, for example,10818 would be on the UK spot, is the fact that transponders of subband are mainly destined for customers in Great Britain.In fact that want Brits{BBC& BSkB} providers when they asked SES to reduce as much as possible the European spot in favor of the UK.It's about copyright and broadcasting tv.
I think it's too early to say which spot is for UK or European as long as I , in the east of Europe,have strong signal on the spot UK even if we are in testing period,or precisely for that reason?!
And there is one thing that still do not know precisely how it will resolve: what agreement Eutelsat and SES were about 500 Ghz,which belonging the French company until a final decision from international court of arbitraj.
There are many questions about the changes that will make Astra 2E when will be operational at 28.2 E which we do not know anything definite .Many of these questions are speculation , including , of course, mine :)
 
good morning to all 4 ceries signal at morning
low signal 11552v 2db
 

Attachments

  • 11554v 2db.webp
    11554v 2db.webp
    83 KB · Views: 30
Good morning to you also, solly: And many thanks to you and all the other Contributors who are providing such good information.

In a week or so, I'll create holding Topics in readiness for Operational Reports by Region, as we did for 2E.
 
@also to you tivu
now signal 12402v very near to lock 3.4 db
to be get lock need 4 db max
 

Attachments

  • 11554v 1.webp
    11554v 1.webp
    263.2 KB · Views: 28

Attachments

  • 42E_11555V.webp
    42E_11555V.webp
    126.6 KB · Views: 28
I do not know what makes you think that some of the carriers are on the spot UK .Even if "the whole stuff is shifted 15° to the east",it's hard to believe that having a signal around 7 dB on some of the carriers, they would be on the island spot?The only valid argument, in my opinion, as, for example,10818 would be on the UK spot, is the fact that transponders of subband are mainly destined for customers in Great Britain.In fact that want Brits{BBC& BSkB} providers when they asked SES to reduce as much as possible the European spot in favor of the UK.It's about copyright and broadcasting tv.
I think it's too early to say which spot is for UK or European as long as I , in the east of Europe,have strong signal on the spot UK even if we are in testing period,or precisely for that reason?!
And there is one thing that still do not know precisely how it will resolve: what agreement Eutelsat and SES were about 500 Ghz,which belonging the French company until a final decision from international court of arbitraj.
There are many questions about the changes that will make Astra 2E when will be operational at 28.2 E which we do not know anything definite .Many of these questions are speculation , including , of course, mine :)
You make some good points there. Something else that I do wonder is whether the physical satellite is positioned to shift the beam further east or south during this testing period? There must be a selection of ground Teleports supporting in terms of field testing across Europe, given Astrium will be conducting a lot of the testing and with the support of SES at Betzdorf one would have thought the centre of the UK spot would be positioned over this location, thus covering Germany well. As Pietclock mentions, he's receiving this with a blinding field strength so has to be the UK spot surely? Huevos's map earlier in the thread is also interesting and probably close to how things stand. At least considering it's the same spec satellite as 2F and already been here before, thus we can compare notes to see if there's any difference now as to how things were for 2F as some have already commented they thought the spotbeam might be even tighter?

I do wonder once 2F was operational whether Astrium would have noted some of the overspill on the spot (e.g. Valencia etc) and had their antenna modelling guru's to tighten up on this with 2E? Time will tell I guess?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top