Astra 2E: Testing at 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
12441v
5.1db
very strong here pe beam
 

Attachments

  • 12441v 5 p1.gif
    12441v 5 p1.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 12440v 4db.webp
    12440v 4db.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
good morning
10713h
2.5db
 

Attachments

  • 10713h 2.5db.webp
    10713h 2.5db.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 58
Im waiting for the message

"all tests off air now"

:)
 
This Weekend? :-p
 
Not sure if we can rely upon the milestones for 2F as a precedent as, although the technical requirements are similar re. Testing etc, there are other factors which no doubt weigh, such as the delay of several weeks in the launch and the knock-on effects for wider issues such as the shuffling of other Birds such as 1N. That probably means a sense of relative urgency, although there's no way they'll skimp on getting everything just so.
 
Somehow the SES seems to like the 4th of whatever month it is. Quite a few changes were done onthe the 4th. So my money is on monday. Today is a holiday in mainland Europe.
 
Somehow the SES seems to like the 4th of whatever month it is. Quite a few changes were done onthe the 4th. So my money is on monday. Today is a holiday in mainland Europe.

From what I believe it's Astrium are carrying out these early life tests so SES are in their hands to get 2E fully tested and handed over operationally once it's moved to 28.2E. I'm sure SES are pushing Astrium but it must all be done thoroughly I guess!

My money is on the end of next week to see the move commence.
 
will be keep scaning over weekend spectrum range of astra 2e
now 10713h 2db nere not change yet
 
Here goes folks and, as promised, all the 2E testing frequencies reported in this entire thread. Duplicates have been deleted, some single frequencies unconfirmed from other posters have also been omitted as there was some discrepancy if these could be from Turksat. Solly, all your frequency observations are included as a trusted source.

I have all these on a master Excel Spreadsheet so will add to them this week and re-post once we have confirmation she's on her way to 28.2E. If she continues testing past Friday then I'm afraid there will be a delay in posting as I'm off to the Canaries for a week this coming Saturday!

10714H
10722V
10725V
10748V
10770H/V
10773H
10788V
10806H
10810V
10815V
10818V
10840V
10842V
10858H
10862H
10870V
10872V
10876V
10891H
10905V
10921H
10958V
10964V/H
10970V
10971H
10986H
10990H
11011V
11015V
11030V
11054H
11055H
11090V
11117V
11134V
11137V
11384H
11428V
11437V
11460H
11513V
11523H
11529V
11532H
11532V
11617H
11620H
11623H
11623V
11626H
11637H
11640H
11676H
11678H
11704H
11708H
11709H
11710H
11712H
11725H
11747V
11750H
11750V
11765H
11766H
11770H
11779V
11815H
11817V
11822V
11837H
11842H/V
11856V
11876H
11880V
11895V
11934V
11939V
11941V
12051V
12148H
12300H
12304H
12324V
12344H
12363V
12382H
12400V
12402V
12441V
12460H
12493H
12493H/V
12519H
 
Thanks for doing the list M60. How likely are 11384H, 11428V and 11437V to have come from elsewhere? These seem to be the only three frequencies in the band (band A) I suspect 2E can't transmit from.

It's also interesting that there isn't anything in the top band (band G) either as I was under the impression 2G would not cover that band and I can't believe SES would have only 2F using it without backup. Could 2G have been altered or the original pulled SES PDFs with the info where wrong?

When Astra 2F finished testing didn't they leave one transponder on when it started moving west? I seem to remember thinking that was weird at the time.
 
M60 said:
...12519H

Very well done @M60 that you have synthesized all carriers tested so far.From your list I think that only 45/50 carriers are valid from the total of over 60.Remains to be seen which will be used when Astra 2E will become operational.12519 H carrier is what intrigue me?This leads me to believe that Eutelsat has a right to say which part of the band will still be theirs?In tests so far might conclude that Eutelsat will use high of the band if International Court of Arbitration will give justice to Franch company!?Not knowing yet what part of the balance will be the judgment of this Court, I wonder if this carrier is valid?
 
12519h+v
it show very week signal but 10713h still on air
 
solly said:

Very hard to do tests on this carrier because here we have a Data transponder{12524 V} signal very strong from 45.0E reaching at 43.5 E even with 1.1 m.As you can see from the picture because of the strong signal from this transponder we do not know if this carrier has signal test.If you have signal means it is on spot ME?In fact only you 've reported in European region so far if I'm not mistaken
 

Attachments

  • 11526 V.webp
    11526 V.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 37
No worries everyone and glad you'll all find this a handy reference in the coming Months, also when we're back talking about 2G too.

All the frequencies have been collated from the whole thread, there were a few duplicates, literally a couple of MHz from one another, clearly down to receiver discrimination so these have been omitted. The 11384H, 11428V and 11437V inclusions could indeed be from elsewhere and not part of the testing, maybe once the testing is completed a bit of collaboration is needed on deciding whether these are omitted. I'd have thought at least one, or two, SES craft would be capable of covering the remaining Eutelsat frequencies as things could change again in the lifetime of the three replacement Satellites which will end up at 28.2E.

Keep posting the new tests, if indeed we'll see any more this week, and I'll add them to the spreadsheet I've got on my laptop. Lets hope this is all completed by Friday night and then I can post up a full list, probably in a new thread the mods can set up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top