Astra 2E: Testing at 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Donald Rumsfeld when you need him??
He was awarded a gobbledygook award of some type for that whereas it made perfect sense to me and was, I thought, a masterly crystallisation of affairs.

Another example of dumbing down I suppose.

(But maybe this should be in the GOG thread - sorry)
 
In theory - is it not possible that the same frequency could be used on lets say the middle east beam and the UK spot beam, since you wont be able to receive them both at the same time when operational?
Yes, I'm 99.9% certain otherwise it would be a huge waste of bandwidth. The same frequency sharing is happening with the West Africa beam on 2F right now.
 
Gone spookily quiet here- is it because it's Sunday? Sadly I can't pick up anything over and above the odd 'blip' here on my 1.1 / USALS and primitive SA, certainly nothing conclusive :(
 
Sunday is traditionally a non-Testing day (Except when it isn't!).

But in any event they are surely close to finishing and getting revved up for the Transition Phase.
 
we can see tomorrow during day
can be testing
if not ready to move to place 28.2e
 
Thanks @Tivu & @solly, those were my precise thoughts- can't be long now.
 
Can anyone still see the beacon?
 
Yeap, still there. Also 12662V is still on...

2e_beacon.webp
 
12581H
12662H
 

Attachments

  • Snap74.webp
    Snap74.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 82
Getting near the top of the Band now.
 
signal now 2.7 db
12032h
 

Attachments

  • 12032h 2db.webp
    12032h 2db.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 45
I've caught signal at 12056 V.
 

Attachments

  • 12056 V-.webp
    12056 V-.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 30
Yeap, also 12582H and 12613V

2e_test_inv11.webp
 
It seems there is also a test signal at 11423H.

2e_test_inv12.webp
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top