Astra 2E: Testing at 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows up in the graph. Actually it is rather easy to spot when satspectr is calibrated. SNR is quite low, less than 1dB.
 
I have signal all the time at 12417 V lately.
 

Attachments

  • 12417 V.webp
    12417 V.webp
    109.6 KB · Views: 62
I can't see anything there. I think you mentioned this frequency some days ago, didn't you? Could it be some kind of interference? A nearby digital telephone, or some kind of radio link?
 
Yes,@strs65,this what I thought too.I wasn't sure,but I've posted to be confirmed.Thanks
 
This how it looks here a gsm/cellular network at 12410 (actually around 1800 MHz), without the LNB, with just a coaxial cable and a little dipole antenna at my TBS6925

cellular.webp
 
I hope I'm not wrong , but it returns with tests at 11707 H.
 

Attachments

  • 11706 H.webp
    11706 H.webp
    109 KB · Views: 62
  • 11708 H-.webp
    11708 H-.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 68
No new reports for several hours >> Could they have finished?
 
Let me break the silence then! :D

Beacon (12493V/H) is still on, as well two tests at 12582H and 12613V

2e_test13.webp
 
No new reports for several hours >> Could they have finished?

Hope so. I for one am anxious to see it operational in its final position - then we will know our fate, for sure.
 
It's worth checking whether these move west from 43.5E as 2F still had at least one TP left illuminated during the early stage of final transfer.

They must surely be close to completion now!
 
It would seem so BUT how quick they move may well depend on if they expect to meet or avoid the Xmas clampdown. I they do want it operational before Xmas then they need to move quite soon - if not then they have all the time in the world and so will probably take it as it would use less fuel to move very very slowly!
 
Yes, looking forward to getting our full range of Sky channels back.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
 
It would seem so BUT how quick they move may well depend on if they expect to meet or avoid the Xmas clampdown. I they do want it operational before Xmas then they need to move quite soon - if not then they have all the time in the world and so will probably take it as it would use less fuel to move very very slowly!

Very good point.
If they rush to get 2E operational before Xmas then 1N will be freed up to go to 19E which they then probably wouldn't get operational before Xmas anyway.
So why rush, test it thoroughly, move them both slowly - makes perfect sense.
 
Last edited:
It takes as long as it takes, but....

Given that testing is still ongoing, could they just possibly have hit a glitch, or is something not meeting acceptable parameters? No doubt like many other non-technical lurkers following this thread I'm keen to hear that 2E is on the move, but from the transponder reports above is there any hint or suggestion that all is not quite going to plan? Just curious.....
 
It looks pretty humdrum to me.

Ask solly when he gets out of the swimming pool.
 
Stop whingeing the longer testing takes the better for us in the ( anticipated ) null zone :D
 
Let's not start the "is Astra 2E faulty?" speculation and rumours just yet. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top