Astra 2E: Testing at 43.5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, solly and thankyou for your continuing reports. The Testing Team really are taking their time and being thorough.
 
Five weeks today, since they started testing.
Solly´s gone quiet, or else died of boredom. Surely this is the end :(
 
Yes - and for almost the last 24hours the only frequency reported is the 12610v. And now it appears that has gone quiet.
 
Nothing to report right now, no tests...
 
Nothing to report right now, no tests...
Apart from the Beacon being active presumably or has that now also been muted?

You never know, this could finally be it!
 
Yes. It looks like she won't be on station until early December now.
 
Yes. It looks like she won't be on station until early December now.

11 day trip if the last one is anything to go by - 26/27 November arrival
 
Apart from the Beacon being active presumably or has that now also been muted?

You never know, this could finally be it!

Exactly! I can still see the beacon, but nothing else...

One thing we don't know, is if there are any tests at Ka-band. I think we don't have any report so far about this band.
 
go go go 2E Go go go.
2F can receive clearly in Istanbul with 170 cm antenna. I hope 2E will be same.
 
11 day trip if the last one is anything to go by - 26/27 November arrival
Strathclyde on Digital Spy is reporting that Sky have said between 0100 and 0300 on 28th Nov there will be a brief outage of between 10-20 seconds for 80 channels. Probably unrelated though as it's cutting things a bit close.
 
No chance those 80 will be moving to 2E on that date, but perhaps they are frequency changes to get things ready for the (eventual) green flag?
 
No chance those 80 will be moving to 2E on that date, but perhaps they are frequency changes to get things ready for the (eventual)green flag?
I can't see why they would need to change frequency though, it should be a straight swap. I suspect it's something unrelated, just curious timing.
 
............. or it could simply be outdated or incorrect information.
 
The Testing Team really are taking their time and being thorough.


No surprise given the amount of cross transponder and cross band switches there are in modern satellites. :)
 
now empty signal
maybe ses go to replax this weekend and come next Monday ?
 
I think 11708H is on,it is very weak. Anybody can see it ?
A2E-11708H.webp
 
It might be quite low, I don't see it here.
 
I didn't noticed today activity on Astra 2E in my area.If it was , then the tests were done on the UK spot or ME.So I can't say something relevant about tests today.
 
But the fact you've told us you didn't note anything is, of itself, relevant and useful. Thankyou.
 
I thank you for the lesson of the textual logic.It is a contribution to this topic :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top