Quest HD and BBC HD are on 2E whilst Quest +1 is on 2F. Fringe reception = there is a difference in signal strength between these birds during the day.I'm getting the odd situation that for example I get Quest HD on 144 Sky in the morning but it has gone by late afternoon,but can't get Quest+1 in the morning but can once Quest HD has disappeared. Happens with a few other channels.102 BBC HD mornings only etc.
Your dish is aligned to 2e which is 0.3 deg further east than 2f.Quest HD and BBC HD are on 2E whilst Quest +1 is on 2F. Fringe reception = there is a difference in signal strength between these birds during the day.
Odd that I can get all the Quest channels at different times of the day when they are on 2F and 2E.Quest HD and BBC HD are on 2E whilst Quest +1 is on 2F. Fringe reception = there is a difference in signal strength between these birds during the day.
Mine come and go. Right now I have Quest HD but no SD.Odd that I can get all the Quest channels at different times of the day when they are on 2F and 2E.
As said before: Quest SD is on 2F (12 382 H) and HD is on 2E (11 426 V). I have problems with 12 382 but no problems with 11 426. My dish points at 28,35 E (between 28,2 where 2F and 2G are and 28.5 where 2E is) to be able to get all three birds. 2E is the strongest, 2F the weakest and 2G slightly weaker than 2E. This is regarding the UK beams.Mine come and go. Right now I have Quest HD but no SD.
The strength varies during the day which is far more noticeable with fringe reception.Odd that I can get all the Quest channels at different times of the day when they are on 2F and 2E.
What location?Signal gone, for months now. I have never seen such a prolonged low signal since I set up the dish some 15 years ago, every year around Spring it decreases but this time looks like thye've lowered it for good.
I have watched all UK channels without issues for the past 15 or so with the 1.5mt dish, even the HDs. Only suffered lower signal around the spring equinox. This year it's different.1.5m looks small for that location.
My location is the south east of Germany (Northern Bavaria). Every year starting with the spring sun outage the signal degrades slowly until summer solistice and then picks up again to be strongest around XMas. No differece this year except theres a lot a thick cloud around this year.I have watched all UK channels without issues for the past 15 or so with the 1.5mt dish, even the HDs. Only suffered lower signal around the spring equinox. This year it's different.
Can anyone explain such behavior? Satellite is the same, transponder is the same, dishes are the same..... how can the same signal change so much between different seasons? We know that RF propagation is always involved in radio broadcasting, but I do not believe this occurs at so high frequencies. So, in such occasion we have perfectly lockable signal, in other none.... some dBs of difference. Could you please explain how this happens? Thanks.My location is the south east of Germany (Northern Bavaria). Every year starting with the spring sun outage the signal degrades slowly until summer solistice and then picks up again to be strongest around XMas. No differece this year except theres a lot a thick cloud around this year.
It's complicated.Can anyone explain such behavior? Satellite is the same, transponder is the same, dishes are the same..... how can the same signal change so much between different seasons? We know that RF propagation is always involved in radio broadcasting, but I do not believe this occurs at so high frequencies. So, in such occasion we have perfectly lockable signal, in other none.... some dBs of difference. Could you please explain how this happens? Thanks.
Yes, but sporadic E is working mainly in HF or VHF bands, not in microwave I assume.It's complicated.
Sporadic E signatures revealed from multi-satellite radio occultation measurements
Abstract. Radio occultation measurements performed by the satellites CHAMP, GRACE and FORMOSAT-3/COSMIC provide a huge data set for atmospheric and ionospheric investigations on a global scale. The data sets are used to extract information on sporadic E layers appearing in the lower ionospheric...ars.copernicus.org