Astra 2E: Western Europe Reports

150 CM near Milan helps, but I am sorry for that TP with Sony and POP......
Are you sure alligment is accurate? I find that TP also a little weaker this year from East Spain but still watchable. Maybe your dish was alligned more to E than to F...just to receive the most important channels
 
who knows?
You newer know, till you try to adjust.... starting from finding antenna's focus, then azimuth, elevation, skew. And more you adjust the system, more gain you get. It also depends on the time of the day you are working with your system.
 
I am a the fringe reception in Midsweden (Falun is the closest city). With a CM 1,8 alignment is going to be a little bit of compromise between the position of 2E, 2F and 2G. After doing some work with a new LNB I think I have moved the dish slightly. Before starting the realignment I was searching for an old entry without luck. Does anybody have the link to the graf of 2E, 2F and 2G's current and recent positions?
 
I am a the fringe reception in Midsweden (Falun is the closest city). With a CM 1,8 alignment is going to be a little bit of compromise between the position of 2E, 2F and 2G. After doing some work with a new LNB I think I have moved the dish slightly. Before starting the realignment I was searching for an old entry without luck. Does anybody have the link to the graf of 2E, 2F and 2G's current and recent positions?
https://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/satellitemotion.php?26/171/0/39285/38778/40364

Having problems at the moment though.
 
Last edited:
Exactly what I was looking for thank you to both of you.
Out to the stepladder ;-)
 
I wonder,is there some weakening of the BBC HD signals now in my region,south france betw Toulouse & Narbonne?
 
Cheers back to you
Things improved a lot these days... but not as strong as was 2-3 weeks ago
 
Cheers back to you
Things improved a lot these days... but not as strong as was 2-3 weeks ago
Sorry pressed the wrong button.
Glad it improved for you.
 
A little report about receiving British TV near the second null in Midsweden (near Falun). I thought I would write down my experiences and mistakes to help others and prevent unnecessary expenditures.

I finally admitted that my Gibertiny 150 wasn’t quite up to the job in receiving SKY and BBC. I bought the 180cm ChannelMaster. With a disc of that size you really start to notice the difference between 28,2 degrees east and 28,5 degrees. With a motorized dish this isn’t an issue but without the tweaking is a compromise. After nearly 14 days with a result clearly worse than the old Gibertiny I have a good result. What I did was:
If you want to prioritize BBC and still get the other channels on 2F and 2G start with adjusting your dish perfectly to 2E on 28,5 east and ever so slowly finetune the dish westwards until you get an acceptable reception of 2G and 2F.

LNB: Inverto Black Ultra Pro single has served me very well and is an excellent LNB. The case for the quad is not as good though. I followed the advice from a Spanish forum and bought a Tecnomate TM-4. It outperformed BY FAR the Inverto even with the dedicated CM feedhorn. You would with the Technomate get a rocksolid picture on the vertical trsp on 2E (BBC London) where you with Inverto or Invacom quad would get a totally pixelated picture/no reception at all on the stronger horizontal trsp (BBC Oxford).

I also did the mistake of trying to upgrade my Sky box from the loyal servant Pace 2600 C1 to Sky+ DRX 890 and a second Freesat box (Humax HB 1100S). The Sky+ is almost as good but where the Pace gives reception on BBC 24/7 the Sky+ struggles a little bit in the evening dip but primarily the HD channels are more difficult to receive. The Humax gives a slightly worse result than the DRX 890. So I bought another Pace 2600 for the bedroom on ebay for 25£ :-)
 
Ok, Thank You for info! But do you write about Inverto Black Pro or Inverto Black Ultra? Is the Technomate really better than Inverto BLACK ULTRA?

Do you use some modification of Technomate or IBU with orig.feedhorn? I use IBU without mod. Is better than flange MTI with feedhornn



A little report about receiving British TV near the second null in Midsweden (near Falun). I thought I would write down my experiences and mistakes to help others and prevent unnecessary expenditures.

I finally admitted that my Gibertiny 150 wasn’t quite up to the job in receiving SKY and BBC. I bought the 180cm ChannelMaster. With a disc of that size you really start to notice the difference between 28,2 degrees east and 28,5 degrees. With a motorized dish this isn’t an issue but without the tweaking is a compromise. After nearly 14 days with a result clearly worse than the old Gibertiny I have a good result. What I did was:
If you want to prioritize BBC and still get the other channels on 2F and 2G start with adjusting your dish perfectly to 2E on 28,5 east and ever so slowly finetune the dish westwards until you get an acceptable reception of 2G and 2F.

LNB: Inverto Black Ultra Pro single has served me very well and is an excellent LNB. The case for the quad is not as good though. I followed the advice from a Spanish forum and bought a Tecnomate TM-4. It outperformed BY FAR the Inverto even with the dedicated CM feedhorn. You would with the Technomate get a rocksolid picture on the vertical trsp on 2E (BBC London) where you with Inverto or Invacom quad would get a totally pixelated picture/no reception at all on the stronger horizontal trsp (BBC Oxford).

I also did the mistake of trying to upgrade my Sky box from the loyal servant Pace 2600 C1 to Sky+ DRX 890 and a second Freesat box (Humax HB 1100S). The Sky+ is almost as good but where the Pace gives reception on BBC 24/7 the Sky+ struggles a little bit in the evening dip but primarily the HD channels are more difficult to receive. The Humax gives a slightly worse result than the DRX 890. So I bought another Pace 2600 for the bedroom on ebay for 25£ :-)
 
This Night, all HD trasponder in 2G and 2E are a lot stronger....?
Am I right?

Grazie
 
wow ! Tested the uk beams on a roughly adjusted 60 cm (!) here at my cottage in Norway, deemed absolutely impossible (especially the hd's), but amazingly strong levels. Will see later tonight when the levels usually fade quite a lot.
 

Attachments

  • 20180615_115837.webp
    20180615_115837.webp
    104.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back
Top