TENERIFEFORUMTV

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28
1m
My Location
TENERIFE (Spain)
Remember that back in the 2D days a 3m prime focus dish was the dish of choice (and we only received horizontal TPs) the only other dish widely used was a 2.4m Channel Master. Oldfart's report gives a glimmer of hope we might at least return to that situation if not full UK spot beam reception.
yes that what im thinking as i have reports from ppl of what they can get now on large dishs here i think you need to realigh your dish and adjust the SKEW for his one channel regardless of the rest

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
Oldfart, I have this dish (as well as a 3m prime focus). Strictly its 2.7m.

I will tweak my dishes onto 2F when all the channels have moved and 1n and possibly 2D have been moved from 28.2 and 2F is in its final resting place.

Glad to see there is some hope especially as I am closer to UK than you.

I have tested 3 of those dishes over the past 48 hours and couldn't get any of them to lock.
This is the closest I came.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 71

Mr Hoover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various Receivers and Dishes
My Location
Portugal
It strikes me the small patches of weakish signal in the Canaries and Crete are sidelobes,nothing connected to the main footprint.

Hugh

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
what ´d´ frequencies do you get a picture on

Tested a 3.7 in Fuerteventura yesterday all 1n and before that 2d horizontal fine. Nothing on 2f

Tested 3.5 in Lanzatore again all 1N and 2D horizontal before but nothing on 2f. Also trigger tested in Puerto del Carmen.

No one is using invacom now but that dish of old fart has invacom. Can this be the difference.

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
there are countries that did not report any positive reception report,or very few,such as Portugal or Italy

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Well I have tried many many LNbs on my dish (I have a shed full to prove it), and when I tried the Invacom LNBF I wasnt impressed, but a C120 Invacom with matching feedhorn - Fantastic! (On both dishes). Though a local installer has been fitting a new LNB on large dishes (pror to 2D going off) with very good results though I haven´t managed to get a look at one up close yet!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oldfart, you need to put your findings on the 2F canaries reception thread (especially after Analoguesats comment!!!!!!!!).

It isn't a Canaries Reception Thread, but a Discussion Thread: Reports need to go into the single unified Reports Only Thread - Any other way, and it will be impossible to keep any form of structure.

Discussion by Region can then take place triggered by what is Posted in the Reports Thread.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Ok, but surely its worth having seperate reception threads rather than one for all so people can find information easily without trawling through posts that are not relevant to them?

TENERIFEFORUMTV

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28
1m
My Location
TENERIFE (Spain)
It strikes me the small patches of weakish signal in the Canaries and Crete are sidelobes,nothing connected to the main footprint.

Hugh

could be ´´ghosts´´ carried along by 2A/2B/1N not sure what i mean really ?????

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
when will the regionalized reception threads be available?

Mr Hoover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
there are countries that did not report any positive reception report,or very few,such as Portugal or Italy

The signal here in Southwest Portugal is nominally 15dB down on 1N,this is what's making me consider the Canaries
sort of warmish (off cold/black anyway!) spot to be a sidelobe rather than the main beam.

Hugh

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Some colleagues in various locations in Poland reported signal strength improvement. Those who did not receive anything yesterday, today report signals between 6-7,5 dB, what allows to show clear picture. Could SES be playing with signal strength?

Mr Hoover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
could be ´´ghosts´´ carried along by 2A/2B/1N not sure what i mean really ?????

There's supposed to be a sidelobe of Astra 2A in Africa,passing through Benin if I remember correctly.
All normal transmit receive parabolic dishes have sidelobes to a greater or lesser degree,this one must do as well
though obviously a long way down on the main lobe.I don't think we'll get any hard and fast figures from the designer of this antenna though (Dr D'eath wasn't it from that TV Programme) but he'll know about them for sure,it'll be an SES Astra top secret...

Astra 1A years ago had one in Southern Africa...way off beam and then there was the German guy in South America getting signals at times from some of the satellites at 19 East

Hugh

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Astra 1A years ago had one in Southern Africa...way off beam and then there was the German guy in South America getting signals at times from some of the satellites at 19 East

Hugh

Hugh

Did you see what sort of dish he used? As far as I remember it was 7-8 meter professional dish.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
when will the regionalized reception threads be available?

They are Discussion Threads, not Reception Threads: Reports should go into the Reports Thread so they can easily be collated and assimilated, then people in specific Regions can extract what is relevant to them and Discuss it to their hearts content.

They will all be opened when some TPs are lit up in anger - not just the 11023 Test.

Mr Hoover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
Did you see what sort of dish he used? As far as I remember it was 7-8 meter professional dish.

I believe so...I read somewhere that he's sadly died now....

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
Things not looking too hot here in NW Spain above Portugal, but we need to wait a while.

TENERIFEFORUMTV

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28
1m
My Location
TENERIFE (Spain)
There's supposed to be a sidelobe of Astra 2A in Africa,passing through Benin if I remember correctly.
All normal transmit receive parabolic dishes have sidelobes to a greater or lesser degree,this one must do as well
though obviously a long way down on the main lobe.I don't think we'll get any hard and fast figures from the designer of this antenna though (Dr D'eath wasn't it from that TV Programme) but he'll know about them for sure,it'll be an SES Astra top secret...

Hugh

thanks for that but my point is since normally there is a band of channels all on THE SAME SATELLITE ie 1N which has a footprint sort of covering
TENERIFE and in the middle of this 1N sandwitch is this lone 2F ´weaker´´ channel could it be being carried along to the islands by the signal either side ????? or should i blame aliens from mars ???

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
Oldfart, I have this dish (as well as a 3m prime focus). Strictly its 2.7m.

I will tweak my dishes onto 2F when all the channels have moved and 1n and possibly 2D have been moved from 28.2 and 2F is in its final resting place.

Glad to see there is some hope especially as I am closer to UK than you.

Likewise, with Invacom quad LNB and matching feedhorn. Still no joy here with 11023H but I know that my dish may be out of adjustment a little, 2N signal is so good and the loss of the odd channel did not worry me. Like you, not prepared to play with alignment or skew until 2F is truly live.

Status
Not open for further replies.