Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone in the UK confirm signal level compared to, for example, BBC One HD on 10847V. This will give us an idea if this is just a gross signal level reduction, or a different footprint.

Buckinghamshire:

10847V
Monday: 76% Quality
Today: 78% Quality

11023H
Monday: 87% Quality
Today: 87% Quality
 
ok thanks.Murcia is way outside the footprint so that would suggest there is no change

unless they only change it temporary for testing porpuses since it tests channels on that frequency

i wonoder if heuvos has increased
 
OK just checked on a 1.9m dish in Javea Costa Blanca Spain -

11,024 - 82% signal (BBC ONE HD TEST)

10,847 - 89% signal (BBC ONE HD)
 
Hi


Here in Trelleborg (swedish south coast) strength of 11023H (in dBuV) 7dB lower than yesterday.

Is anything being transmitted on this transponder? I entered the parameters into my Humax PVR (in non-freesat mode, using Manual Search) but the box is reporting 0% Signal, 0% Quality. I have tried using these parameters:

11023
Polarisation H
DVB-S2 and QPSK
SR: 23000, FEC 8/9
(as found on astra2.org)

and
11023
Polarisation H
DVB-S2 and 8PSK
SR: 23000, FEC 2/3
(as found on lyngsat)

Both these parameters are giving 0% signal here (W.Coast of Norway) which seems strange if Sweden is getting a signal!
 
there is bbc one hd test on 11023h 23000 2/3 8psk dvb-s2
 
how strange.in Spain it seems the same reception but in other areas it looks like there is a change
 
unless they only change it temporary for testing porpuses since it tests channels on that frequency

i wonoder if heuvos has increased
No, it is stable at this level. Since I posted about this there have been posts from all over Europe on various forums confirming the power level change on this transponder. That it is not very noticeable for much of the UK and Scotland is reporting an increase doesn't surprise me.
 
Is anything being transmitted on this transponder? I entered the parameters into my Humax PVR (in non-freesat mode, using Manual Search) but the box is reporting 0% Signal, 0% Quality. I have tried using these parameters:

11023
Polarisation H
DVB-S2 and QPSK
SR: 23000, FEC 8/9
(as found on astra2.org)

and
11023
Polarisation H
DVB-S2 and 8PSK
SR: 23000, FEC 2/3
(as found on lyngsat)

Both these parameters are giving 0% signal here (W.Coast of Norway) which seems strange if Sweden is getting a signal!

Lyngsat is correct, it's FEC 2/3 (and Pilot set to "on" if needed)
 
@Admin, please add 11023H to the locked thread (but don't open it ;) ) I think there's enough evidendence that this carrier is transmitted from 2F :D
 
Done a quick check on a 1.35M here in Lanzarote and is just about locking on my meter. This is pretty much what I would expect this time of day. Maybe tonight it might improve enough to get a picture. I would guess a 1.5 to 1.8M would lock OK.

if this has changed and is pan European then very low and it can't be right! (It could be pan European TEST even though will probably end up on UK spot)

if this has changed and is UK spot then much much stronger than we were expecting!!!!

If as I believe that it is exactly as before and is still 1 N then stand at ease everyone!!
 
how strange.in Spain it seems the same reception but in other areas it looks like there is a change
Mate, it's not the same, which is clear if you look at the spectrum trace with yesterday's trace superimposed.
 
Here in central Italy I have lost signal on 11023 H, looks like 2F is going to bite me hard!
 
If as I believe that it is exactly as before and is still 1 N then stand at ease everyone!!
Well time will tell, but don't forget both satellites are Astrium Spacebus E3000, with similar diameter aerials. Also even with a steeper roll off a beam shaped for the UK should favour Tenerife compared to 1N.
 
In the middle of the Netherlands on a small Multytenne still receivable.

11024H - 83%
BBC One HD Scotland
BBC One HD Wales

10847V - 93%
BBC One HD England
BBC One HD Northern Ireland
BBC HD
 
I think I might be wrong. I would expect maybe 3 to 5 db on this TP this time of day on that dish.

So If this is 2F then is actually stronger than expected. I'll check a 1.8 and a 3M ASAP
 
this 11023H...does anybodyknow if any of the channels of this tp appear on the sky epg? thats the only way i could check, as i cannot set sr 23000 on the sky box "add channel" option
 
this 11023H...does anybodyknow if any of the channels of this tp appear on the sky epg? thats the only way i could check, as i cannot set sr 23000 on the sky box "add channel" option
No, they are just tests for BBC One HD Wales and Scotland at the moment.
 
@Admin, please add 11023H to the locked thread (but don't open it ;) ) I think there's enough evidendence that this carrier is transmitted from 2F :D

I'm on it - give me a few minutes as I've just come in out of a howling gale after tweaking my 28E dedicated dish!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top