Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC One HD on 1N I am getting 90% strength & 100% Quality

Test signal 8901 & 8911 from 2F I am getting 80% strength & 90% Quality

1.9M dish Murcia, Spain
 
Test signal 8901 and 8911 getting 71% Strength and 77% Quality (stable)

1.1m dish Rojales, Spain
 
Test signal 8901 and 8911 getting 71% Strength and 77% Quality (stable)

1.1m dish Rojales, Spain
How does this compare to your 1N signal for BBC One HD ?
 
Can anyone recall from precedent how it's likely to go this weekend?

The transfer is scheduled 23-26 Nov, but I assume most changes will occur during the "silent" hours (Albeit we no longer have the National Anthem and a little white dot!)?

A third of TPs each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Half and half?

Sh*t or bust?
 
100% signal confirmed @ jodrell bank.... only joking

on a serious note

Madrid - on my 60cm dish

11023 - 0% Signal, or zip, nada
10847 - 55% Signal as usual (perfectly watchable unless raining)

as these are the BBC Frequencies, and i have close to 90% for ITV & C5 etc, will the same pattern follow?
 
11023h no reception this morning!!
Tenerife South 3m
 
No just put dish up yesterday as a test, installed as would normally (usually use 1.8m)
 
Hello,
there was a test done yesterday on the BBC hd test going on the new bird.
it is not be received with a 2 meter dish.Judging at the signal level it would take a dish over 4 meters in dia.
if this transponder is at full power and this is what the beam looks like in naples.i would suspect all free view will be gone in naples italy when they switch over.
We will have to wait and see what happens.
Ralph
 
Can anyone recall from precedent how it's likely to go this weekend?

The transfer is scheduled 23-26 Nov, but I assume most changes will occur during the "silent" hours (Albeit we no longer have the National Anthem and a little white dot!)?

A third of TPs each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Half and half?

Sh*t or bust?

´´d´band will all be done in same hour at 01.00 CET i think TONIGHT ...... just a feeling

but possible transfer of 2B will be done next week
 
Torrevieja (San Miguel side) using an old 1.40m PF dish
but with DiSEqc switch, on a cheap Ross HD receiver
11023 57% SQ Steady and perfectly watchable since yesterday pm
10847 63% SQ (ITV1 HD same level)
Both showing sig level 99%

Can I buy an equivalent for my notebook to a tbs card. Some kind of dongle??
 
Can anyone recall from precedent how it's likely to go this weekend?

The transfer is scheduled 23-26 Nov, but I assume most changes will occur during the "silent" hours (Albeit we no longer have the National Anthem and a little white dot!)?

A third of TPs each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Half and half?

Sh*t or bust?

If it were me conducting operations I would wire up (or, rather, get somebody to wire up for me) a big red switch or something like the throttle control on a large aircraft for the go-live, preferably with sound effects. It's probably being done by mouse-click, however :( No sense of drama.....
 
Can I buy an equivalent for my notebook to a tbs card. Some kind of dongle??

Yes, you can. The TBS5925 is the ultimate choice and the TBS5980 is the cheaper solution if you don't mind in not receiving 16APSK/32APSK carriers. How good latter works i cannot tell since i have just read one report on german Amazon with critics not being so well.
 
If it were me conducting operations I would wire up (or, rather, get somebody to wire up for me) a big red switch or something like the throttle control on a large aircraft for the go-live, preferably with sound effects. It's probably being done by mouse-click, however :( No sense of drama.....




A least they could go to Red Alert (Well, Blue Alert if they've run out of Red Bulbs)
 
If it were me conducting operations I would wire up (or, rather, get somebody to wire up for me) a big red switch or something like the throttle control on a large aircraft for the go-live, preferably with sound effects. It's probably being done by mouse-click, however :( No sense of drama.....

i think not ... SES is based at the old palace of the grand duke of luxembourg but has a 21st control centre ... very james bond i think
 

Attachments

  • berzdorfdish jpg.webp
    berzdorfdish jpg.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 133
Doesn't sound too good for the majority of those with 1.35m dishes as far East of the Canaries in Lanzarote.
1N only just scrapped though, LNb and receiver dependent.
 
´´d´band will all be done in same hour at 01.00 CET i think TONIGHT ...... just a feeling

but possible transfer of 2B will be done next week

As I posted numerous weeks back, my information I've got is that the changeover for full completion will be just over a week, could be sooner for some services though. I guess SES will want to perform various measurements at their and partner teleports around Europe to ascertain the true footprint and possibly tweak slightly. Is it 2B or 2A's Txp's that are also moving to 2F, thought it was 2A's but probably wrong if you say it's 2B?

I'm sure there's people at SES scouring this and other forums for information, after all with location and dish sizes this thread also provides them with valuable information. I can just picture a few of their admin team now all sat in front of PC's hitting F5 on various forum threads collating info!! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top