Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three new birds give the flexibility to do whatever the customer (bbc, sky etc) wants. Remember that EU law actually forbids artificial internal borders. Sky (and others) might be forced to accept subscriptions from all over Europe and, obviously, pay the rights. To prevent that from happening they might want to move to the spotbeam. (or leave the EU :-))
i refer the gentleman to the question i (and everyone else) answered earlier)
 
Seville, Spain. 135CM Gilbertini, DM8000, Inverto 0.2db Twin Black Premium rt LNB. 11023H - zero, zip, nothing
Tested: yesterday evening, today morning.

Astra 1N transponders are close to 100% / 16db.
 
Lanzarote

Similar readings here on a 3M dish but the errors are killing any chance of a picture. Did you get a picture on a receiver.
your being quoted EVERWHERE across lots of forums as having a locked and watchable picture in LZ . have you done that,
coz there is only you and Crete on the edges getting a picture
 
True (especially in my case!) - but don't forget that many on the fringes can only get BSkyB Channels right now:They are already unable to get PSB. So they are worried about getting bu**er all at some point in the not too distant future. But I think those worries are not well-founded.

Hey, you don't need to remind me, being in Finland with an 80cm dish. Even with the new "pan-European" beam I think I'm screwed. ;)
 
If the PIRATES are using a 4m plus dish to get ASTRA 2F would they have any problems with a weak signal on a dish that size ??
 
If the PIRATES are using a 4m plus dish to get ASTRA 2F would they have any problems with a weak signal on a dish that size ??

depends on locatiosn solyl use a 4.5m dish and can barely get the signal, if it south coast of spain i would say a good chance if they have 4-5m dish+ they can probally get a good enough signal since central spain seems ot have decent power levels
 
your being quoted EVERWHERE across lots of forums as having a locked and watchable picture in LZ . have you done that,
coz there is only you and Crete on the edges getting a picture

Unable to check a picture yesterday. All I could report was the levels. Not able to check BER correctly until today.
Far too many errors for a picture.
Sorry if I misled anyone but I never said I had a picture.
 
Besides, SKY would never be interested in it. They value their overseas customers :)
Even though they deny having any O-zzz
 
your being quoted EVERWHERE across lots of forums as having a locked and watchable picture in LZ . have you done that,
coz there is only you and Crete on the edges getting a picture

Not sure that I understand this. I did a check on my Humax yesterday (signal strength and quality) in preperation for a change to 2F this weekend, or sometime soon, for comparison purposes (assuming we will still get something to compare against :)) . The channels I chose to compare are shown below and, as of yet, nothing has changed. I can not get 11023(4) but then again I do not know if I ever did in the past - not one that I watched.

List: 10802, 10773, 10714, 10729, 10891, 10964, 10817, 10773, 10847, 10758, 10906, 10758, 10832, 11126, 10964, 10817, 11343.
 
There are reports here of picking up 2f picture on bbc1 hd 75% signal no pixellation on 11023 h on a 2.8 m dish. Cant check mine till later.
 
Lanzarote

Similar readings here on a 3M dish but the errors are killing any chance of a picture. Did you get a picture on a receiver.

No mate, No picture.

I think at between 5am and 7am there could be a picture but after that it would go,.

People were saying that if the symbol rate changes that will make it even harder to get a picture.
 
There are reports here of picking up 2f picture on bbc1 hd 75% signal no pixellation on 11023 h on a 2.8 m dish. Cant check mine till later.

No chance, I have tested some very good 2.9 meter dishes, I even tried at 9.30am and although the meter locked as trigger said the errors would prevent a picture.

I do know where there is a very very good 2.9m dish one of the strongest i have ever seen so i will try that later or tomorrow.
 
Here on Portugal, Lisbon no signal at all on 11023h with 2,10mtr. dish.

As reference have on 1N channels around 16db signal level.

Hope this is just a test, or all bbcs and Itvs will be lost. Many expats are going to have a big surprise around here.
Are you sure you are using the right parameters? Here 2F is only 3.5dB down on the neighbouring transponders.
 
Can anyone recall from precedent how it's likely to go this weekend?

The transfer is scheduled 23-26 Nov, but I assume most changes will occur during the "silent" hours (Albeit we no longer have the National Anthem and a little white dot!)?

A third of TPs each on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?

Half and half?

Sh*t or bust?
Well more transponders to shift this time.

Last time all transponders on 2D, except BBC, migrated about 4am on Saturday 18/02/2012. BBC did exactly the same one week later.
 
I have borrowed a setsat, and in settings I'm presented with:
LO:
F:(guess this will be 11023.0)
SR:(guess this will be 23000)
LNB:(guess this will be 18v)
22KHz:off/on
Can you tell me what to use in LO, and 22KHz off or on?
Thanks
 
in case of a universal LNB (standard) LO=9750MHz, 22KHz off
make sure you have DVB-S2 capable STB ;)
 
My LNB is black ultra twin, and the meter is _http://www.setsat.com/ so is everything capable?


[warning] No Live Links, please: Disabled for you on this occasion[/warning]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top