Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that explains why I can't get a lock on the meter then. D'oh!
 
No just put dish up yesterday as a test
It's very unlikely a 1.1m dish is going to work properly (and certainly not a 1.0m). Headroom on band D transponders using a 1.1m dish is currently around 3dB (some better, some worse), and less than 2dB on a 1m dish. When 11023H switched to 2F signal dropped 3.5dB, which would take it below reception threshold on at least some transponders. 11023H is a band C transponder and already had nearly 2dB headroom more than a typical band D transponder.
 
nope, I don't think so. Save your time and look for a different box ;) I've checked the manual _http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6105021/f/setsat_user_manual.pdf
Only DVB-S mentioned..
 
Unable to check a picture yesterday. All I could report was the levels. Not able to check BER correctly until today.
Far too many errors for a picture.
Sorry if I misled anyone but I never said I had a picture.
no man dont worry they are drowning out there and they thought you had a lifebelt :-biglaugh
 
Even though they deny having any O-zzz
ah you want SKYS oversea subscription dept ..here is their welcome video
-http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/k55NuWQCh78&hl=en_us&autoplay=1&autohide=1&version=3&modestbranding=1&loop=1&rel=0&hd=1
 
It's very unlikely a 1.1m dish is going to work properly (and certainly not a 1.0m). Headroom on band D transponders using a 1.1m dish is currently around 3dB (some better, some worse), and less than 2dB on a 1m dish. When 11023H switched to 2F signal dropped 3.5dB, which would take it below reception threshold on at least some transponders. 11023H is a band C transponder and already had nearly 2dB headroom more than a typical band D transponder.

oh so ´d´ band is going to be worse then BBC HD test on ´c´ band - blimy
 
oh so ´d´ band is going to be worse then BBC HD test on ´c´ band - blimy

Why is that? There is no proof that D band will be weaker than C band.
 
Why is that? There is no proof that D band will be weaker than C band.
Right now on 1.1m dish band D transponder have SNR 10-11dB, whereas band are in the 12-13dB region.

Anyone can check this by, for example, comparing BBC2 England (10773H) with 4Seven (11127V).
 
Hi,

25 km north-west from Prague, Czech Rep., 180 cm offset dish.
I *do* have 11023 H reception around the clock, but I don't have any exact dB measurements to share yet.
 
Right now on 1.1m dish band D transponder have SNR 10-11dB, whereas band are in the 12-13dB region.

Anyone can check this by, for example, comparing BBC2 England (10773H) with 4Seven (11127V).

How about 10818V and other band D vertical transponders? they are much stronger than 11127V (band C)
 
In the UK 1N's C band is about 8% stronger than the D band on my receiver but who knows what will happen when they transfer to 2F.
 
Hi,

25 km north-west from Prague, Czech Rep., 180 cm offset dish.
I *do* have 11023 H reception around the clock, but I don't have any exact dB measurements to share yet.

It looks like sidelobe - southwest Poland, north Czech Rep.
 
How about 10818V and other band D vertical transponders? they are much stronger than 11127V (band C)
On my receiver display I get 72% SNR on 10818V, and 83% on 11127V.
 
In the UK 1N's C band is about 8% stronger than the D band on my receiver but who knows what will happen when they transfer to 2F.

In my area, D band is way stronger than C band. Only 11127V runs for most of the day, whereas most of ex 2D transponders show nearly around the clock or better.

10818 SNR 48% Q 30%
11127 SNR 42% Q 20%

Picture starts cracking up when Q shows below 9 - 10 %
 
Southeast Portugal, near Spanish border (Badajoz), no signal.

1,80m dish.

With Satfinder option in one DM800se, i see 10% signal but can't look transponder.
 
Unable to coax any sign of a signal out of 11023H on my Humax Foxsat. Have tried tiny dish adjustments but nothing above 0%...​
 
Are you sure you are using the right parameters? Here 2F is only 3.5dB down on the neighbouring transponders.

Yes, I'm sure. I have no signal at all on 11023h 23000 2/3 DVBS2 8PSK. 0db
All frequencys on 1N I have signal around 16dbs, very strong. When 11023h was on 1N I had same value. Now nothing.

Where are you located?
 
Kingofsat show Astra 2F at 28.2E, and at the same time "Real time satellite tracking" show Astra 2F at 26.59E UTC 14:57.

The right position/degree at the moment?

Regards
ask
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top