Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingofsat show Astra 2F at 28.2E, and at the same time "Real time satellite tracking" show Astra 2F at 26.59E UTC 14:57.

The right position/degree at the moment?

Regards
ask

Dont worry about tracking the sat anymore its where it should be...
 
today i get the 11023H with -46dBm, one dBm stronger than the "highest peak" from yesterday maximum.
But far, far away from a picture on my TV, only seeing it in the spectrum

28.2E-RFScan_2F_11023H_231112.webp
 
Where are you located?
Near Alicante, probably 800km from you.

Maybe we should start an Iberia only thread (no Canaries).
 
Kingofsat show Astra 2F at 28.2E, and at the same time "Real time satellite tracking" show Astra 2F at 26.59E UTC 14:57.

The right position/degree at the moment?

Regards
ask




It has definitely been on station since Tuesday.
 
Western Austria (Lichtenstein border)

11023H SNR : 62% AGC : 80%

1m Gilbertini XP
 
Near Alicante, probably 800km from you.

Maybe we should start an Iberia only thread (no Canaries).

I already have it in mind to create a small series of Threads: Canaries; Nordic; Iberia & Balearics (They can't touch you for it!), France/Germany.

Still thinking how best to arrange things as we don't want an "us and them" system (albeit 2F is leading that way)
 
I already have it in mind to create a small series of Threads: Canaries; Nordic; Iberia & Balearics (They can't touch you for it!), France/Germany.

Still thinking how best to arrange things as we don't want an "us and them" system (albeit 2F is leading that way)

..and you missed one more region :)
 
10848v
10763v
two transponder got near 2db
no lock it
 

Attachments

  • 10848v.webp
    10848v.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 64
..and you missed one more region :)



I've missed many (Greece, Italy etc.) but we don't want to fragment too much: How about Poland in the same Thread as France and Germany >>>>> "Northern Europe" ?
 
30 minutes later: its going downwards again from -46dBm to -47dBm
 
I've missed many (Greece, Italy etc.) but we don't want to fragment too much: How about Poland in the same Thread as France and Germany >>>>> "Northern Europe" ?

Northern Europe should be Scandinavia and Baltics, Central Europe could be France, Germany, Poland, Czech Rep, etc..
 
Near Alicante, probably 800km from you.

Maybe we should start an Iberia only thread (no Canaries).

Well you are better located than me for astra 2F I'm on the black zone.

I think here only dishes around 3mtr or more will catch something. I have a friend near me that have a 2,40 dish. Have to ask him if he have any signal.
 
Still thinking how best to arrange things
I don't envy you. 400 posts in this thread since I noticed the switch over yesterday morning. Makes pretty heavy reading going through the thread and getting to the meat.
 
@iggy: Good thinking.

I'll mull it over for an hour or six and will welcome further refining ideas - Four additional region specific Threads should be enough or it will get confusing. Plus there is already this Thread and a General Chat one, as well as the soon to be activated factual Reports Only Thread.
 
I don't envy you. 400 posts in this thread since I noticed the switch over yesterday morning. Makes pretty heavy reading going through the thread and getting to the meat.

Being a Hobby Forum with Unpaid Staff (Some of whom appear to have jobs!) means that sometimes you just have to go with the flow and hope Members act sensibly about what they Post where. I've no intention of making Moderation my life's work!
 
stinkingbadges.webp [background=transparent]threads We don't need no stinking threads! ....it would just say NO SIGNAL,NO SIGNAL,NO SIGNAL [/background] :-cry1 stinkingbadges.webp
 
mayb it best to do quite a few location thread for signla reports only using 11023h using maybe this format

Location -
Earth coordinates -
DB level -
Snr -
Agc -
Dish size -
Dish type -
LNB -
Time tried at -
Other information -

that should us make a map of reception and geta very accurate beam

i would say these should be the location

scandivia, western uk eg holland denmark france germany, sotuern europe eg spain and italy, eastern europe poland greece, then canaries, iberia type islan etc that way we can let like mind people ie peopel from simlar area post to a similar post and mods delete any general chat make it signal reports only, i already have a rough iidea what the beam is like
 
Unable to coax any sign of a signal out of 11023H on my Humax Foxsat. Have tried tiny dish adjustments but nothing above 0%...​
I have a Humax Foxsat too and it just will NOT let me save the transponder. I have to tinker around an awful lot to get it to "look" at 11023H , but it does give me an 85% SS and 90%SQ. However, since I can't save the transponder as a "user defined", I can't scan it for channels and thus have never been able to get a picture from the signal.
I'm assuming this is some kind of idiosynchrasy of Humax Foxsat boxes and that they somehow default to Freesat 28.2 (and therefore Freesat defined transponders).
All will be clear over the next couple of days, but reports from further south than me make me think I'll get good reception when the changover takes place.
 
@andrew: Too late to start an 11023 Reports only Thread, what with the changeover now imminent. With hindsight, maybe, but for now we'll live with what we've got: Analoguesat made a good fist of producing such a map last night and I'm sure he'll update it soon ................

Will certainly take on board your other ideas.

Whatever we do, someone will feel aggrieved!
 
@bcnmonkey: I'll try my Foxsat ................





.............. End stop plus plus (Possibly the strongest signal in the whole World - ever!) Strength and Quality.


Scan produces 8901 and 8911.



Finger trouble?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top