Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
11023h gone again .. its up & down - not watchable :-(
 
Why? SES move transponders on astra19.2 satellites on a regular basis and for mulitiple providers at the same time.
Nobody is informed, nobody cares and nobody notices.
I assume the providers get informed, but not the customers. Why scare customers when nothing changes for them?
I agree, I thought it was weird that the BBC bothered to mention it but they did when 2D transferred to 1N. I guess they just wanted to cover themselves for a few minutes downtime during switch-over and give out info to those interested (they've always been quite good with giving out technical details).
 
11023h gone again .. its up & down - not watchable :-(

That sidelobe will be moving around for sure with the satellite's 0.1 deg stationkeeping...I wonder how large an area
it covers?
 
Do you have a list of transponder that might be affected by this?
Here's a list along with SNR in dB from 90cm, 1.1m, & 1.8m dishes.
 

Attachments

  • SNR.webp
    SNR.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 162
the peak 10925h near 28.5e 2 db up
when i 28.2e i got 1db
both i cant lock in israel with 3.7m and 4.5m

You mean 10921H with Alibi HD, TCM HD and E! HD?
 
fyi: the bbc blog for the 2d to 1n move back in February - posted 4 days before the actual move.
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/changes-to-bbc-services-on-sat

cant see any similar bbc blog mentioning a forthcoming move....
 
fyi: the bbc blog for the 2d to 1n move back in February - posted 4 days before the actual move.
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/changes-to-bbc-services-on-sat

cant see any similar bbc blog mentioning a forthcoming move....

Thx for finding this...I cant believe theyll only test one frequency then go live...... I wonder whether they will test up to Xmas on a few more frequencies and then go live about mid Jan to end Feb next year....this was my recollection of 1N
 
.... I wonder whether they will test up to Xmas on a few more frequencies and then go live about mid Jan to end Feb next year....this was my recollection of 1N

My understanding is that 1N is needed over at 19E fairly urgently so they may not wait that long to change over.
 
I wonder whether they will test up to Xmas on a few more frequencies and then go live about mid Jan to end Feb next year.
I doubt it. Last time there was no hurry to migrate because 2D was at the end of it's life, and not off to another slot. And anyway it is down to SES to test and decide a satellite is ready, not the BBC.
 
My understanding is that 1N is needed over at 19E fairly urgently so they may not wait that long to change over.
think its to do with CANAL PLUS signing a contract for TWENTY FOUR transponders but they are not happy with the current backup
status . they want 1N home ASAP
 
I am getting quite a relative spike in the test signal the SNR has gone up from 49% late pm today to 58- 61%, as I write,- on the vu+. By comparison BBC1 HD NI on 10847v has gone down from its normal 78% SNR to 63%
 
BBC1 HD NI on 10847v has gone down from its normal 78% SNR to 63%
Wow, on my end as well. Gone from the usual ~41% down to 35% which is very close to threshold.
 
Wow, on my end as well. Gone from the usual ~41% down to 35% which is very close to threshold.
thats strange...10847V is the same as usual on my setup.
 
Wow, on my end as well. Gone from the usual ~41% down to 35% which is very close to threshold.
have u had any luck with 11023H?
 
Wow, on my end as well. Gone from the usual ~41% down to 35% which is very close to threshold.
10847V 23000 is very strong here, 83-85%. Arenthon, Haute-Savoie, France.
 
hi all !!
on sky box HD when we have 12% signal what is the really db?
north greece thesaloniki with 1m dish on sky box HD had 12% and lock the 11023 H when bbc had f1 qualifying .
thanks !!
 
you got lock on 12% ???? - need to refer that one the to the S-FACTOR panel for judging !!!
 
you got lock on 12% ???? - need to refer that one the to the S-FACTOR panel for judging !!!
not me i live south greece , one user on another greek site say it .
 
Just a little information for you about 10847, V. I was able to receive those BBC HD channels here in central Italy on my 1.25m dish up until they switched from QSPK to 8SPK, then I had a black screen. Yet last night they were mysteriously back.......strange.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top