Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
11023h
no signal in Tenerife South this morning 270cm
 
Hello,

Does anyone know what's happening now?

As background (1st post, so be gentle!) I live in France at 43.57N 6.5E and have been monitoring 11023H on 2F for the past couple of days. I have a 90cm dish and a Humax Foxsat HDR. Signals on 1N were usually running at around SQ of 90/80 - that kind of figure - and reception was fine except when it rained heavily.

So, this is what's been happening ....

On the 23rd, 11023H showed SQ of 75/60 until around 13:30 when it quickly disappeared.

Yesterday was better - signal of 75/60 holding up until 16:00.

Today all signals seem much stronger and an SQ of 100/100 is typical - certainly all the "useful" channels are showing that sort of figure. This seems to have been going on since the early hours.

It's as if they were transmitting from both 1N and 2F, but I didn't think you could do that?

The 11023H signal is now showing SQ of 100/60.

I'm puzzled.

I just use FreeSat btw.
 
Ok.

As promised - and despite nothing much having happened yet, the Discussions by Region Threads are now all Open.

Anything about 11023 and anything speculative to remain here, please.
 
good morning to all friends
here local time 09:45
 

Attachments

  • 11023_H.webp
    11023_H.webp
    16 KB · Views: 166
In Gandia, south of Valencia, no changes .. 10db on my DM800, rock solid since they turned on 11023.
 
have you got a fixed picture and is it a channel master 3m not a 2.4m ??

i dont have the 2,4 only the channel master 3m
and i dont doing any fix the signal go up
 
Grasse, South of France, As previously reported 8911 on 11023 no problem on 1m dish. Frustrated as my Finding meter will not work on HD signals rigged up a 90cm dish with dual Technomate LNB, one wire connected to AB IP 9000 box to monitor the signal / picture quality of the 8911 test signal, other to the Satcatcher Excel meter tuned to 10773. With the 90cm dish good picture quality no pixillating etc. all day yesterday including well into the evening on 8911. The meter showed 11db C/N on the 10773 signal. Over a coffee this morning thought miss align the dish and see where 8911 breaks up, did this and the readings on the 10773 signal were 8.0 no picture on 8911, 8.2 db 8911 pixillating, 8.5 db good picture on 8911. Appreciate there are lots of other variables in there but might be of interest.
 
Hi all, new here. Drawn here by all the fuss on 2F, hope to stick around after the 2F excitement has died down. Here's my reception report from Maranello, NE Italy for 11023H. Readings taken from Foxsat HD box, 1,2m offset dish & Black Ultra quad.

Friday 23/11: 0% Signal 0% Quality
Saturday 24/11: 0% Signal 0% Quality

By this stage was getting a bit dispondant, then suddenly this morning...

Sunday 25/11 80% Signal 60% Quality. Rock Solid, perfect picture.

My set up is working perfectly, and has been all the way through. On all the 1N TP's I'm receiveing 100%/100%. The change is definately at SES end.

Hoping that it stays that way for me right now.
 
On 11023H I get no signal at all. According to my spectrum analyzer, there's almost nothing on that frequency. I wonder how I will end up receiving (or not receiving) vertical transponders... With Astra 2D, getting horizontal used to be impossible. 1N works fine though.
 
Grasse, South of France, As previously reported 8911 on 11023 no problem on 1m dish. Frustrated as my Finding meter will not work on HD signals rigged up a 90cm dish with dual Technomate LNB, one wire connected to AB IP 9000 box to monitor the signal / picture quality of the 8911 test signal, other to the Satcatcher Excel meter tuned to 10773. With the 90cm dish good picture quality no pixillating etc. all day yesterday including well into the evening on 8911. The meter showed 11db C/N on the 10773 signal. Over a coffee this morning thought miss align the dish and see where 8911 breaks up, did this and the readings on the 10773 signal were 8.0 no picture on 8911, 8.2 db 8911 pixillating, 8.5 db good picture on 8911. Appreciate there are lots of other variables in there but might be of interest.

Hi,

You're about 60km East from us.

I noticed from about 03:00 this morning (I've got "man-flu" and needed a cup of tea at that unlikely hour) that the 1N signals are now all very strong - never noticed this before - all showing SQ 100/100 on the Hummy.

They're still fully lighting up the SQ bars (I know this is only a qualitative measure, but even so, rather unusual)

The 11023H signal is showing 100/60 - up from 75/60 over the past 2 days (when it was lockable).

It seems a bit OTT for mere atmospherics and I wondered what your 1N signals are like compared to usual.

Cheers
 
11023H still 98% despite the horrible weather this morning.

It was 92% - then I sprayed the lnb with wd40 again :D
 
11023H still 98% despite the horrible weather this morning.

It was 92% - then I sprayed the lnb with wd40 again :D

Off topic again but what's with the spraying of the LNB? In thru the feed horn?
Maybe explained in another thread but I must have missed it.

Thanks
 
It helps disperse water droplets on the feedhorn cover.

I use that or furniture polish!
 
11778 H
Disney HD
ITV2 HD
...
S100 Q73
------------

11778 V

8010

S100 Q75
 
It helps disperse water droplets on the feedhorn cover.

I use that or furniture polish!
How about using one of those car windshield treatment fluids, such as rain-x etc?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top