Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Would be interesting to hear of a report from Iceland

Unfortunately we only have a couple of members in Iceland. Shouldnt be a problem across much of the country though. I was in Iceland a few year ago and many of the hotels had the BBC channels on their distribution systems.

The offset dishes look very odd as they look like they are pointing at the ground due to the low elevations of the 28E birds

Bob Meade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A stanley solutions poor communal system!
Thonpson HD box (with new caps!)
Supanet BB, Long time supporter of offshore radio,
Particularly Radio Caroline.
My Location
West Suffolk
Again...... :-rofl2
Is that because, here in the UK, we can get the signal on a bit of wet string, & all the ex-pats are getting, well not much or nothing at all? :-saw

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
as soon as that becomes widely exploited, they're gonna change the encryption (powervu?), so i wouldnt keep my hopes up on that...not on the long run, anyway

Doesn t even needs to be that complicated - just change the BISS key every couple of days and folks will soon get fed up of losing their tv just as the eastenders theme music starts :D

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
not only Italy,but also in Poland someone reported good reception.
how can this be power reduction AS?instead of a move of the beam eastwards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I didnt say there had been a power reduction.

I said SES could reduce the beam power by 10% easily and here in the UK we wouldnt notice as the signals are so strong

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
PO7 Uk and Moraira, Spain
yes move it around reduce the power and make it as less possiable as they can get but i think they will be happy with steep drop off art the dge off the beam

They will move it around to get the best possible coverage of the UK.

They will not move it around to change the fringe reception because all that will happen is a different set of people will get it in continental Europe.

If they could stop all fringe reception then they would but they can't because people would just go out and buy a bigger dish.

Terry

SZGY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS2, SSHD, dbox2, Nokia 9600, Coolstream Zee, Prodelin 1.8m + Inverto RED Classic C120 w/ Russian feedhorn
My Location
Budapest, Hungary
Well, signal strength changed from 43.5 to 44.5 dBuV on my end. It's still useless of course.

Hiach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD, Fixed 0.7x0.8m (28.2ºE), Fixed TD54 (19.2ºE), Inverto Black Ultra LNBs.
My Location
60.4ºN, 5.3ºE
IF the beam is being slewed east then we should get better results in from the Nordic countries.

Can we have the results from the Norwegian jury? :D

11023H: Currently 80% quality in Bergen - Best ever!
(although 1st lock was 13:00 - 18:30 yesterday - and have done some minor tweaks this morning).

park_gate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M + Pace 2600C1 spain
My Location
PO7 Uk and Moraira, Spain

If they are moving it East then that's bad news for people in the West such as Portugal and Tenerife.

Terry

TENERIFEFORUMTV

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28
1m
My Location
TENERIFE (Spain)
Well no swap-over last night - I thought that was almost 100% certain for then - so why the delay? Is there someting wrong? If they don't do it tonight will we have to wait until next weekend?
as someone said they are still adjusting the beam ... i think they want more signal in north scotland and seem to be drawing in the slight side lobes ...these things are done on a list ,it nothing to do with dates its a check-list .

good video this esp to understand control room

ttp://youtube.googleapis.com/v/NeYQHYivE9c&list=UURVYeAkNjzBnAP68JQBVIlw&hl=en_us&autoplay=1&autohide=1&version=3&modestbranding=1&loop=1&rel=0&hd=1&iv_load_policy=3

davidcmadrid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
40cm offset 19e, 1.5m 28e 1.2 M motor vu+
My Location
Madrid Spain
If they are moving it East

There are two reporters in Madrid with 1.4m dishes , they heopfully will give an indication today to the western ( and my ) fringe. How far east is coverage improving ? Does anybody know for sure that they have more options beyond moving the beam and power levels e.g shape shifting the beam ?

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
I wish I understood the need for having BBC and ITV channels when you moved outside the UK. They are tripe...

gonzobaby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm Gibertini OP100XL
Inverto Black Ultra Quad
Vantage HD8000S
Technotrend S2-3600
My Location
Schoeningen, Germany
I hate this picture ;-)

28.2E-RFScan_2F_251112.png

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
got a signal on 11023h - but its useless - bouncing all over the place - but its raining
so far
don't get a signal early morning (0800) get one later on (1000) goes again about 1700
but the signal is not static enough to watch TV - its all over the place

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
www.computersupportservicescs.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dual DVB-2S computer system and DUal Qbox HD Mini with oscam
My Location
scotland
There are two reporters in Madrid with 1.4m dishes , they heopfully will give an indication today to the western ( and my ) fringe. How far east is coverage improving ? Does anybody know for sure that they have more options beyond moving the beam and power levels e.g shape shifting the beam ?

they dnt have much room to alter it, all they can do is move the bird into a slight different angle, move the bird a fraction off 28.2E and reduce power, the beam is fixed now it cant be changed

Hiach

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD, Fixed 0.7x0.8m (28.2ºE), Fixed TD54 (19.2ºE), Inverto Black Ultra LNBs.
My Location
60.4ºN, 5.3ºE
If they are moving it East then that's bad news for people in the West such as Portugal and Tenerife.

I wonder if this is a deliberatly move East, or rather the bird's remaining "wobble" after the speedy move to 28.2E.
Let's wait and see if the beam moves West in the evening.

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
They will move it around to get the best possible coverage of the UK.

They will not move it around to change the fringe reception because all that will happen is a different set of people will get it in continental Europe.

If they could stop all fringe reception then they would but they can't because people would just go out and buy a bigger dish.

Terry

im not saying they are trying to stop all fringe receptions its impossible firstly there is always goign to be blips in the beam, secondly as you said peopel will buy bigger dishes, yes there main focus is to make sur ethe uk gets teh signal as strog as possible, but they will try make it harder for fringe areas as much as possible, think about this way, in the minds of bbc/ses what hte less of the to evils, uk spot beam being received in quite big propotion of europe, having it receveiable in europe but only ith big dish, or give iceland more power but meaning europe has less, the centre of the beam can be moved and that what it looks liek there doing after that they will probally reduce the power down so it about 85-90 SNR i think that be equilvent of 54 RIP/DB power

andrewcrawford

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
I wonder if this is a deliberatly move East, or rather the bird's remaining "wobble" after the speedy move to 28.2E.
Let's wait and see if the beam moves West in the evening.

if it caused by wobble and it not fixing itself quickly that coul mean the stabliser aint wokring which would be bad news for ses good news for expat becaus ethe bird not function for long, but i honestly think ses has delibrate moved it

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No 11023H signal in Algiers on a 1.1m according to forum member nabih.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Rather boringly, here in the south east I'm getting the same signal levels on 11.024H and 10.847V as I have been all week. No obvious changes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.