Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
On what frequency, V or H ? Is it a number or named BBC NI?

10847V 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC1 NI HD

Loos like its still on 1N from the power being received here (88%)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I'd like to see your calculations.
Plug in a spectrum analayzer and rest a finger on the dish and you will see the transponders on one satellite go down and the on the other go up. And as far as holding station if you watch them over a month, especially the older ones you will see they often go 0.1º off centre, sometimes a bit more.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
daztfs, I think you should have an open mind. Oldfart has never made any outlandish comments in the past, even his current posts point to erractic reception of that transponder. I myself in the past have got channels I have been told categorically I could not get. Lets wait and see, I will have a play next week with my dishes and will give honest feedback.

Bob Meade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
A stanley solutions poor communal system!
Thonpson HD box (with new caps!)
Supanet BB, Long time supporter of offshore radio,
Particularly Radio Caroline.
My Location
West Suffolk
It is a good thing for many on the continent, that the Channel islands are part of the UK, becaue otherwise, the spot would be aimed further north!

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
daztfs, I think you should have an open mind. Oldfart has never made any outlandish comments in the past, even his current posts point to erractic reception of that transponder. I myself in the past have got channels I have been told categorically I could not get. Lets wait and see, I will have a play next week with my dishes and will give honest feedback.

I would never make comments about anyone that I didn't know, Someone sent me a PM who knows this guy saying he is having people on, The person also knows the dish.

Plus the fact I already had my doubts as the signal from 2F goes weaker here 5-7am is the strongest point and the things that person was posting was totally contradicting what my meter and the 4 dishes I tested on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I am surprised no one else finds it weird that 12 people from Canary islands say they can't get it and 1 person is saying Im getting it and not especially whilst its raining.

If you told me it was working there I would not say your not telling the truth but facts and a PM from a fellow member who knows the guy has made me post this to help people who are actually wanting serious info.

Wiglet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 metre dish
Technisat and SD skybox Pace
My Location
Tenerife
Hi, very new to the site, but i beg to differ about reception in Tenerife, im no geek but tuned in my technisat box to the freq 11023H and get the channels 8901 and 8911 BBC HD. Signal breaks up but we do get somehing. I have been following the forum as it is of interest to me.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Mind you its a pitty that we don´t have the same rules about TV transmission as Spain does, if so there would need to be a massive side lobe to cover the Faulkland Islands :-rofl2

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
If it is on 2F we have extremley strong signal on 1.1m dish
68 stength 97-98 Quality

Sorry I thought BBC one NI HD may have been changed over as that is the channel that is on 11023H.

Well it is according to flysat or lyngsat so if someone lost it I assumed it had been changed over.

Wiglet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 metre dish
My Location
Tenerife
Sorry i forgot to say that the reading on these channels is 3.1 dB and the quality level is 59-60.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
daztfs, thanks for clearing that up.

If it turns out he is doing stupid posts, that will be very sad. I realy don´t understand the mentallity of some people!

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
Hi, very new to the site, but i beg to differ about reception in Tenerife, im no geek but tuned in my technisat box to the freq 11023H and get the channels 8901 and 8911 BBC HD. Signal breaks up but we do get somehing. I have been following the forum as it is of interest to me.

Would you mind if I came round to where you live with my meter and test it please, I have tried 3 or 4 dishes in Tenerife and a friend has tested a few at resorts he looks after and no one can get it.

I would love to test it, Where are you based?

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
Sorry i forgot to say that the reading on these channels is 3.1 dB and the quality level is 59-60.

What type of dish do you have and where are you in Tenerife?

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
11023H
at the moment
picture on 8901 & 8911 no break-ups
tenerife south
270cm

I still can't get 11023H but as I reported in an earlier post, I know that my dish is not fine tuned to 1N. Its signal(s) are so good I've let the dish alignment drift a little in the storms we have had during the past 12 months. Maybe that's the reason.

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
daztfs, thanks for clearing that up.

If it turns out he is doing stupid posts, that will be very sad. I realy don´t understand the mentallity of some people!

I can only go on what I have been told and now the facts the meter is telling me, It's raining here, Very windy and no chance it's working at this time of day in these conditions!

Wiglet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 metre dish
My Location
Tenerife
What type of dish do you have and where are you in Tenerife?

Thats the thing, i said i was not a geek so i cant tell you, offset tho, i tried to find how to DM you on this site but not sure how.
Location Los Gigantes.

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
Thats the thing, i said i was not a geek so i cant tell you, offset tho, i tried to find how to DM you on this site but not sure how.
Location Los Gigantes.

Perfect, Are you near the tennis club? And do you me coming down to get some readings from the dish to help people on here with facts.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
I hope your not saying we are geeks? All us sitting here looking at a website worrying about a satellites reception rather than watching it - geeks? Surely not!

daztfs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite and phones
My Location
spain
Location Los Gigantes.

And can I ask is it working now?

TENERIFEFORUMTV

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
19/26/28
1m
My Location
TENERIFE (Spain)
It is a good thing for many on the continent, that the Channel islands are part of the UK, becaue otherwise, the spot would be aimed further north!
they are not part of the UK ,they are the only part of the duchy of normandy still under the british crown

Status
Not open for further replies.