Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the fact the PE beam isn't tested yet mean they won't be using that for now?
 
I have been following this with interest. Here in Tavira we have stronger reception than in Southern Spain around Malaga for some reason. I had been given a 1.4 dish but have been waiting to see what would happen in this changeover before I had it installed. Tomorrow I have to go to England and I intended to buy a quad lnb to bring back. My question is, given we don't really know the base line yet, should I buy an invacom or an inverto quad black extra?
 
Yes there is a signal on there but it is not DVB. And the transponder is not anywhere near wide enough to have a symbol rate of 27500.

Ka band?
 
This thread is soooo long difficult to keep up
would anyone care to post a list of TP that should be used for testing 2F

1. 11023H 23000 2/3 8psk dvb-s2
2.
 
Interested Newbie / Mr Hoover .. to confirm you are getting 11023H in South Portugal ? There is no positive reception report on analog sats map from portugal and from what I can see IN you are using a 1 meter ?

_https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215201319514912678957.0004cf1bce058be05fce1&msa=0&ll=45.614037,11.513672&spn=23.549153,39.506836
 
What wobble? The signal is absolutely stable. All satellites have a change in signal quality of a couple of a per cent throughout every 24 hours and for people right on the edge of reception that might take them below the reception limit. Certainly not due to anything wobbling though.

The 24 Hr change I am seeing on 11023H is much more a couple of percent. Yesterday afternoon SNR peaked at 69% (as measured on a DM800 STB) but dropped to 54% in the evening (no signifigant change in weather during this period).

On Friday evening I saw a similar shift from 62% to 47%.

Regards ... Wally
 
Interested Newbie / Mr Hoover .. to confirm you are getting 11023H in South Portugal ? There is no positive reception report on analog sats map from portugal and from what I can see IN you are using a 1 meter ?

_https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215201319514912678957.0004cf1bce058be05fce1&msa=0&ll=45.614037,11.513672&spn=23.549153,39.506836

No...This is not 11023 H...There is virtually nothing from that test signal in the Algarve.
You 'might' get a signal on something like a 6 metre dish...
 
This morning it rained easy in Madrid
[background=transparent]today at 6.00 morning-easy rain[/background]
--with golden media uni-box2 ---- L=88% ,Q=07-29% signal fluctuates but only quality
the signal audio-video is stable
--with amiko alien 8900 hd ---L=78% ,Q=65%
[background=transparent]the video -audio signal not stable, with pixel small interruption[/background]

[background=transparent]today at 14.00pm-sun[/background]
--with golden media uni-box2 ---- L=88% ,Q=14-30% signal fluctuates but only quality
the signal audio-video is stable

--with amiko alien 8900 hd ---L=78% ,Q=70-71%
[background=transparent]the video -audio signal is stable[/background]

[background=transparent]conclusion:only with golden media uni-box2 i have good reception ( stable signal)[/background]

12139 V 27500 2/3 - no signal
 
@ Wally: you are way out of the beam and with the sharp cut-off at the edges this is probably the new normal for a spotbeam.
 
I'm getting both 11940H and 12140V here, although 11940H is quite low...
 

Attachments

  • 0282 RFScan TBS 6925 DVBS-S2 Tuner.webp
    0282 RFScan TBS 6925 DVBS-S2 Tuner.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 94
The 24 Hr change I am seeing on 11023H is much more a couple of percent. Yesterday afternoon SNR peaked at 69% (as measured on a DM800 STB) but dropped to 54% in the evening (no signifigant change in weather during this period).

On Friday evening I saw a similar shift from 62% to 47%.

Regards ... Wally

So is there any real explanation for this??? - and is it an issue which is causeing a delay on the trasponder swap!!!!
 
That's how 11940 & 12140 looks like from Kiev
 

Attachments

  • 28.2E-RFScan2611.webp
    28.2E-RFScan2611.webp
    80.5 KB · Views: 76
This affect is been widly reported on digitalfernsehen.de

15.00 Uhr: 7,8 dB Signalqualität
17:45 Uhr: 7,5 dB "
19:00 Uhr: 6,9 dB "
19:45 Uhr: 6,6 dB "

... dann ging es runter bis so ca. 6 dB Signalqualität, bevor es um ca. 23 Uhr eher zögerlich wieder Richtung 6,5 dB anstieg.

Down to 6dB and then from approx. 23:00 directions 6.5
 
So is there any real explanation for this??? - and is it an issue which is causeing a delay on the trasponder swap!!!!

That kind of fading in and out has been pretty standard on any satellite where the dish is right on the edge of the footprint. Happens all the time in Finland on the old Astra 2D and 2A/2B south transponders. I suspect with the sharper cut off of today's spot beams it's even more obvious.
 
i would like to say people in israel with 1,.8m single gone 11798h
only large dish 3.0 or more 3.8m receiver it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top