Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signal comes and goes. No obvious time frame. Sometimes its there for 15 seconds or more then flicks off for a couple of seconds, then its back. Very intermittent.
 
Could also be why Member bcnmonkey hasn't succeeded either.
Nope. I have tried EVERYTHING! I think I've probably gone through pretty well all of Foxsat's parameters, trying different combinations, permutations etc.
I'm either in "Blackspot Barcelona", or I've got a "Flawed Foxsat". (It was either that or something unprintable... :-biglaugh ).
 
I think there has been a very slight change or increase this afternoon
Even the box here is showing a bit of signal. and it never has before.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20121126_164939.webp
    IMG_20121126_164939.webp
    147.4 KB · Views: 125
I managed to scan the channels in on Friday morning about 9am as the signal is always much stronger then but I have never got a picture.
 
2B is going to be relocated elsewhere (I forget where now) so perhaps this is preferred satellite over the older 2A.

Edit: 2B is going to 19.2E according to the SES fleetmap PDF.

Just looked at the pdf file & a some of the info is interesting 2C back to 28.2 east ? well this has already happened & then it went to 31.5 & now at 19.2 east I cannot see astra 2C returning as the capacity of Astra 2E,2F & 2G will be more than enough for 28.2 east also bearing in mind that by 2015 Astra 2C will be 15 years old & at the end of it's life,

1E at 5 east when we know that it is at 51 east atm still moving east Astra 1E & will be 20 years old by 2015 so cannot be included in the future geostationary satellite plan,

3A active at 23.5 east in 2015 I do not think so as 3A like 2D has come to the end of it's useful life,
A more probably move will be that Astra 1H will move to 23.5 east when Astra 1N goes to 19.2 east

There must be some more accurate info than this pdf file -http://www.ses.com/7543799/SES_fleet_map.pdf

Astra 2A & 2B may well move to new locations after Astra 2E,2F & 2G take over at 28.2 east,
(23.5 east,19.2 east,5 east) being the most likely.
 
It does seem a little pointless switching 2B and 2C around but perhaps they want to use the old 2B African spot at 19.2E for a couple of years? I assume 2C will be a backup more than anything else.
 
ses,after all this planning,have made a spot beam that favours South East Spain,where the majority of bbc rebroadcasters are..so they won't have problems.well done ses
 
I think there has been a very slight change or increase this afternoon
Even the box here is showing a bit of signal. and it never has before.
Can you change your location to something more useful like the nearest town. At 1000 km across Spain is the second biggest country in Europe so just saying your location is Spain is not very helpful.

Edit: and please don't say Canaries after saying Spain.
 
11023h
been at 7.20dB all day 43%
watching the picture, no breakup
 
Just checked again and I have now lost the 11023H signal.
 
Just checked again and I have now lost the 11023H signal.
shure lost at this time , i have 6.9-7.1 db , if i have 7.5-7.8 db you have lock .
6pm GMT
try it 7pm GMT or sent me pm i can tell when you have lock
 
The power on 11023 seems to have been backed off. I looked an hour ago and it was 99% Its now 88%.
 
Its all your fault
gone again!!!!
zero signal

no -- its back again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top