Astra 2F at 28E (at last!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm enjoying "Dexter" right now with pure... water! :cool:
 
SNRNEWv at 120207, it seems is the same program as Sky News, but I have no idea what this transmission is supposed to be with such a picture and no sound...

Yes, a very low bitrate.of 255kbps, hence the pixellation. No audio channel being transmitted.

SRNEWv.webp
 
11023H signal back at 00:30 GMT. As before, the signal is erratic. Received and dropped again on a random basis lasting just a few seconds. Strength 80% quality 60%. Its like someone repeatedly switching a light on and off and once again a search on the Humax results in a message "no channels found".
 
Well...Nothing's changed overnight here in Portugal looking at my spectrum analyser.

Hugh
 
All right, let's do some real measurements. SNR of 6.1 dB vs 11.2 dB for 11798H and 11720H, respectively.

Edit: that's with the 90cm dish.

11798H, yesterday at cca 22, location Slovenia, with 110 cm.
 

Attachments

  • 11798.webp
    11798.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 130
11023H signal is steady and constant at 80% strength 60% quality this morning. Still get message "no channels found" on Humax search.
 
Hi to all!!!11798H is on Astra 2A...Mistake?Thanks in advance!!!
 
With my 1,5m Gibertini with Invacom quad lab I can't detect 11023H in central Lisbon.
But, looking to the signal levels with my spectrum analyser I have about the same readings at 11023H as I have at 12480V on 2A North Beam.
So far, this was my worst transponder but still viewable most of the time.
I suspect that 11023H is there but obfuscated by the must stronger adjacent 1N transponders. On 13480V I don't have strong adjacent transponders.
I have some hope that after the 1N is migrated things my get a bit better in the fringe areas...
 
With my 1,5m Gibertini with Invacom quad lab I can't detect 11023H in central Lisbon.
But, looking to the signal levels with my spectrum analyser I have about the same readings at 11023H as I have at 12480V on 2A North Beam.
So far, this was my worst transponder but still viewable most of the time.
I suspect that 11023H is there but obfuscated by the must stronger adjacent 1N transponders. On 13480V I don't have strong adjacent transponders.
I have some hope that after the 1N is migrated things my get a bit better in the fringe areas...

Also the BBC HD channels are using 8PSK mode which will be harder to receive than QPSK which is used by most other channels so that may help you get the other weaker channels too when they switch if you are near the edge of the reception cliff.
 
Hi to all!!!11798H is on Astra 2A...Mistake?Thanks in advance!!!

Doubt it very much after so many reports from Germany and Greece i have read. Looks to be 2F PE Beam.
 
Fringe, it may be interesting to know how your 11023H signal levels compare with the 2 adjacent transponders (10994H and 11082H) on 1N. Maybe for you 1N are not coming as strong as over here and this is letting you see 11023H.
Thanks!
 
Can the Canaries receive the new 2F west-Africa beam at 12522 s/r 27.000? see announcement on multi tv: _http://www.multitvworld.com/upgrade/
 
after last night's weakening, 10994H and 10965H are back to normal.
 
i think ses is playing mindgames LOL
 
11023H
signal went to 0 at about 2000 and didn't come back until 1000 this morning
so - its not stable in Tenerife South (Chayofa)
 
11023H weak - dropping in and out.

It is raining (drizzle) though.
 
G8VKV (/p ?) Your are pretty much along the beam axis so thats a bit surprising , how does it compare signal wise to earlier reception levels ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top