Astra 2F: Central & East Europe Discussion

But no signal at all from chan 5 ,at 15 CET
 
ko928lN.jpg
sV5RBve.jpg

UhYT7KC.png
3gzTYZa.png
YXDOTbg.png

a friend of mine in eastern hungary had a lot of success with a 4 meter dish receiving all the 2f uk beam tp's, 24/7. the only this is that since the last few weeks he had to readjust the dish within a 24 hour period for optimised reception - he even figured out a clever motorised solution for this.
these are his latest results (+pics of his rather impressive dish park ;)
http://i.imgur.com/sV5RBve.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sV5RBve.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UhYT7KC.png
http://i.imgur.com/3gzTYZa.png
http://i.imgur.com/YXDOTbg.png

he can even receive some of them with his 240cm dish, of course, with more moderate results.

another interesting fact is that in budapest, which is in the middle region, more to the west, results are much weaker...
 
Last edited:
Real beauties.
So this is not your garden but your friend's in eastern Hungary?
And you are saying that the reception is better towards the east than in Budapest?
 
Real beauties.
So this is not your garden but your friend's in eastern Hungary?
And you are saying that the reception is better towards the east than in Budapest?
yes, it is his garden and yes, it definitely seems that - for some strange reason - the reception is better east...at least at that exact location. i guess we are so far off, a few km's make a big difference, blind spots, hot spots...
 
Wow, nice dishes. What are you using to display those signal graphs with?
there's a feature in his coolstream hd receiver, and then he uses a telnet command to capture the image
 
Finally got a chance to install a Fortecstar 2.4m to check the 2F signal in Prague, Czech Republic.
The Fortecstar 2.4 is a crappy dish. Probably not even as good as an average 1.8m offset dish would be. But it was just so cheap.
Anyway, I managed to get all the 2F transponders 24/7 including light rain with the only exception of 11023 H. Although the measured signal is about the same as the other transponders, 8PSK makes it unstable, breaking up in rain and even with clear sky at cerain hours.
What's also interesting is that Vu+ Solo2 manages to deliver stable 11023 H picture while it already breaks up heavily on a DM500HD.
I measured the signal only with a DVB2000 Nokia9600 and Vu+Solo2. 2F UK spotbeam frequencies range from 42-48% on Vu+Solo2 (breaking up at 44% for DVB-S2 and at 36% for DVB-S). DVB2000 shows "44-4A" on DVB-S TPs.
 
Dr Hans! I miss reading your pages....

Nice review of this dish - surprised you're getting such good results on it though.
 
Sorry if this is offtopic, can somebody confirm that all transponders of Astra 1N PE beam were down at 19:30 UK time for 3-4 minutes ?
Now I see some transponders on Astra 2A with low signal.
 
Sorry if this is offtopic, can somebody confirm that all transponders of Astra 1N PE beam were down at 19:30 UK time for 3-4 minutes ?
Now I see some transponders on Astra 2A with low signal.

Yes. 2F was also affected.
 
There has been some heavy thunder storms passing over the UK tonight.
 
In the morning +2 GMT time I got 623 channels including all of 1N TP s with clear screens with my 170 CM dish and Smart Titanium LNB
 
My todays scan of 2F.I can see these TPs after a long time.
11023 has around 4,5db,need 6,5.
28E-A2F scan.webp
 
In the morning +2 GMT time I got 623 channels including all of 1N TP s with clear screens with my 170 CM dish and Smart Titanium LNB

I also see here stronger signal on all 1N PE beam transponders with 1-1.5dB, from yesterday.
 
In the last few days the signal has indeed been stronger, more often than not I can actually watch the Fives even at night with my "modest" 1mt dish, is it temporary? Has anything changed or is it just tests?
 
Hi

I lost now all 2 f channels pb what happend ? Also 1n European beam no signal
 
Hi

I lost now all 2 f channels pb what happend ? Also 1n European beam no signal
2F Euro beam as normal in Helsinki. Never have been able to receive 2F UK spot or any 1N channels so can't comment on those.
 
Now I Have heavy rain here so no signal..
 
I still get to see the Fives every now and then, even at night, not regularly though, still, better than nothing... can't remember the last time I watched a full episode of The Mentalist.. I think it's just testing, unfortunately.
Astra 2E still under test awaiting to move to 28.2 degrees for its final orbital postition. Channel changes expected now between 22nd November and early December 2013, I've read on the net.
 
Back
Top