Astra 2F: Central & East Europe Discussion

darin73 said:
ps, i lost sky sports like 2 weeks ago, i unplugged it from the electric to reboot,,and now i've lost everything,,i mean EVERY-TIME i turn it back on, it says no signal =( what can i do??
That problem sounds like its not picking its epg up.
 
Analoguesat said:
Ok we have a new map to populate - lets see what the new beam is looking like.

To begin with we will start with Sky News SD on Sky EPG 501, Freesat epg 202 & frequency 12207V 27500 2/3

Cartoonito or Fox SD Sky UK epgs 619 & 188 (12110H 27500 2/3)
Hi, I've been abroad for a while and missed a few bits. What happened, why are you specifically picking those channels? Are you saying that if I can see those channels now then I'm out of the woods?

I can't be of much help I guess as I own a very old digibox and it just doesn't give channel-specific measurements, but I switched on the telly last night and I definitely can see 501 as always (can't 619 and 188 as a subscription is required).
 
Alistair_ said:
Hi, I've been abroad for a while and missed a few bits. What happened, why are you specifically picking those channels? Are you saying that if I can see those channels now then I'm out of the woods?
Astra 2B has now left 28.2E and the channels were switched over to Astra 1N Pan-European Beam 1 in January. You should have no problem with reception in Italy.

501 (Sky News SD) is on this new 1N beam, so if you are still getting Sky News then all is OK.
 
501 (Sky News SD) is on this new 1N beam, so if you are still getting Sky News then all is OK.

Unfortunately not so, still missing ch5 fiveus 5* seven4, that's where my problem is, and worse will come when bbc and itv move I expect. I just don't understand why you picked sky news.
 
Your missing Channels are on 2F.

There was a migration of loads of Channels from 2B to 1N Pan European a couple of weeks ago: Sky News is on IN Pan European and establishing its coverage was the crux of the recent Map Updating.
 
Alistair_ said:
Unfortunately not so, still missing ch5 fiveus 5* seven4, that's where my problem is, and worse will come when bbc and itv move I expect. I just don't understand why you picked sky news.
As Tivù says, those channels are on 2F and are nothing to do with the recent transfer of channels from 2B to 1N Pan-Euro beam. Sky News is one of the channels that transferred to 1N Pan-Euro which some of us on the very edges of Europe (particularly to the east) now have difficulty getting.
 
Okay, thanks for the info and sorry for the confusion, they're launching a bunch of satellites aren't they? :-crying

As the name might give away the 1N Pan-Euro will get those channels which will remain largely available to mainland EU (95% of us probably won't give a toss about these channels anyway), while the UK beam 2E/2F will be geared towards the UK and will get those all-important channels we all want, have I got this right? How long before we will be able to make a more than educated guess on what will be necessary to maintain view of the main channels in your view? Or we just have to wait for 2E?
 
With fringe reception guesses can be difficult and expensive if you get them wrong and install the wrong kit. Best bet is to wait and see what happens when 2E is in orbit some time this summer.
 
Yes, do wait: Some people think that because the theoretical narrow Beams of 2E and 2F look broadly similar that that will translate into similar performance and coverage on the fringes. But it might not.
 
I have lost so many channels I do not know were to start. Most annoying are the sports channels. No signal at all with Sky News and Sky Sports 1,2,3. total disaster.

Central Crete North Coast.
 
For the sports channels have a look at Sky Go - your subscription channels delivered by broadband to computer devices. A proxy to a UK ip address will be needed..
 
Captain Jack said:
I take it Russian isn't your mother tongue? The Russians have plenty of satellites shining down on them - I am sure one of HTB+/Trikolor/Raduga/Kontinent etc. channel will carry Superbowl? Maybe even with switchable language?

Your only hope to get Sky channels back is a larger dish - much larger dish. Although, don't rule out a faulty receiver as well - try another one, in case this one has gone kaput (especially the older Thomson, which suffer from power supply component failures).
no, unfortunately after 6 years, russian is still quite difficult for me..i have now a dish over 2meters,,(210cm),,its as big as i could get in the city i live, Tver,,and the guy was giving me a hard time putting such a large dish ontop of my 9 storey apartment building..i dont know about "switchable" language,i'm considering adding tv to my internet subscription here, and im told a few channels are in english, but as far as choosing language for all them, im not sure..as far as receiver goes, my sky viewing card is in the thompson box which it is "married" to..don't think i could receive my sky with another box??
 
Analoguesat said:
For the sports channels have a look at Sky Go - your subscription channels delivered by broadband to computer devices. A proxy to a UK ip address will be needed..
hi, mmm, yeah i looked into sky go as i am a paying customer.,, however its only for streaming within the UK..soo,,is that why u suggest "proxy IP address"?? is that the way around being outside UK?? could you elaborate on proxy IP address, as in how and where?? big cheers m8, darin
 
well,,thanx to all who reply..and my next question, would reposition of my dish to new beam 1N pan-euro help? if sooo, what is angle, coordinates to aim dish, and are there any changes on the sky "installers" menu that i would need to make? cpacebo! (thanx! ;-), darin.
 
my sky viewing card is in the thompson box which it is "married" to..don't think i could receive my sky with another box??
Don't know why but I thought the pairing of the box and the sky card was a thing of the past.
 
No, not at all: It's a prime measure against multi-room fraud etc.
 
Alistair_ said:
Don't know why but I thought the pairing of the box and the sky card was a thing of the past.
Pairing is only needed for premium channels like sports and movies (and possibly HD too).
 
Back to core topic 2F !
After weeks of perfect reception day & night, my old troubles from just after Xmas have started again: picture breakup on the Fives; total loss of 4Seven, Channel4 HD and the two BBC One HD transmissions for Scotland and Wales. Problems start at 8 p.m. I'll check tonight if reception returns around midnight (which was the behavior in the bad old days after Xmas).
Strange thing is, we had heavy snowfalls in the last 3 weeks leaving the dish with coatings of ice/ snow for most of the time. Reception was no problem. That all melted at the weekend; that's when trouble started. I'be looked closely at the LNB and connections for signs of water getting in, None visible.
Anyone else had similar problems since the weekend?
 
Problems start at 8 p.m.
Not much at home these days but when watching Rocky on ch5 a couple of days ago I think, I noticed the picture breakups creaping up, it must've been about that time, 8pm or so, at a certain point it got so bad it was unwatchable, I didn't even glance over the other channels, especially seven4 as it's usually the first to go.
 
 
uk-expat said:
Back to core topic 2F !
After weeks of perfect reception day & night, my old troubles from just after Xmas have started again: picture breakup on the Fives; total loss of 4Seven, Channel4 HD and the two BBC One HD transmissions for Scotland and Wales. Problems start at 8 p.m. I'll check tonight if reception returns around midnight (which was the behavior in the bad old days after Xmas).
Strange thing is, we had heavy snowfalls in the last 3 weeks leaving the dish with coatings of ice/ snow for most of the time. Reception was no problem. That all melted at the weekend; that's when trouble started. I'be looked closely at the LNB and connections for signs of water getting in, None visible.
Anyone else had similar problems since the weekend?
 

the signal got worse on the evening of the 2nd of march. Since then it didn't recover. I see up to 2db less.
This a plot of SNR levels collected every minute over a period of 6 days:



Here just the 1. and the 2. of march:


you can easily spot the anomaly 22:30.
 
Back
Top