Astra 2F: Iberia & Balearics Discussion

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
@nagusia...; why did you go with a raven/andrew/cm feedhorn instead of the gibertini one?

Nagusia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 0p150 with single Inverto Black Ultra plugged into Humax FOXSAT HDR | Portable 80 cm dish with IBU plugged into TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 receiver/W7 64 Media Center / ProgDVB setup.
My Location
20 km south of San Sebastian N Spain
@Nagusia...; why did you go with a raven/andrew/cm feedhorn instead of the gibertini one?
I went for the Raven because that was what was available on the website I was buying from. They reported users having success with it in combination with the Gibertini 150 cms dish. However, on another forum a user reckoned that having tried both, he got better results with the Gibertini feedhorn, so I bought one on eBay to try out myself. Actually, my initial impression using my rudimentary Satlook Lite was that I get a slightly weaker signal (-0.5 Db) and quality but I've left it up there for the time being (having your dish on the roof is not the same deal as having it in your back garden). I'm getting C5 24/24 recently but C4 HD seems to break up late evening if its raining. Like everyone else I'm waiting to see what happens. As regards the feedhorn, I guess I'll reinstall the Raven with time and sell the Gibertini.