Astra 2G at 28.2E: General Discussion

What happened to sky sports f1 hd sd seems ok ???????/

Do you have the exact coordinates of where you are ?

How old is your dish / LNB and when did you last get the system serviced ?
 
strange its back this morning last night it was saying you skybox can not receive a signal my set up is all ok I have never had any problems at all just strange
 
At this stage I honestly don't know. Guess we have to wait and see the whole scenario.

BTW What Signal level are you receiving on that freq which I gave you that is.... 11389 H 27500 2/3 (Bt Sport Europe HD. There are 9 channels on that freq -Horror ch+1 -Jewellery maker - CBS action - magic - heat-BTSpt-ESPN HD etc.
found all nine
70% signal strength and 80% signal quality.
 
found all nine
70% signal strength and 80% signal quality.
That's good. Do you pan say from 45W to 70E with your 1.8 Dish...just to compere some signal levels if in the affirmative.
 
timo_w2s said:
Keep in mind this transponder switches from Eutelsat 28A to Astra 2E in about a weeks time.

2E also accepting refugees from 28a ?
 
2E also accepting refugees from 28a ?
Yes, the remaining 28A "C" transponders 11.388H, 11.390V, 11.426H, 11.426V will switch over to 2E at the end of the month.
 
Just to confirm (Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere).

The BBC Reception site now lists Astra 2G carrying DSAT 8 (TP 61 - 110232 H DVBS-2).
BBC One Scotland, HD
BBC One Wales, HD
BBC Four HD
CBeebies HD
BBC News HD
 
I have just looked around the n2yo and satellite-calculations website. Both list 2G at 27.9 deg in the moment. Are these data correct? I have a hard time getting the old 2F TP's since the move. 2E is still OK for the time of the year.
 
I have just looked around the n2yo and satellite-calculations website. Both list 2G at 27.9 deg in the moment. Are these data correct? I have a hard time getting the old 2F TP's since the move. 2E is still OK for the time of the year.

No, it's old data. We have to wait for a new measurement. (or for SES to finally release the data).
 
It's actually getting a bit irritating now. Why haven't SES bothered to tell us where their satellite is yet and that it is even online? I'm guessing at least the uplink providers know!! Why the sudden secrecy over 2G?? Where's the Center of Box data? Updated fleet map? Ephemeris data? The press release announcing how great their new satellite is? Even a brief acknowledgement on Twitter would be nice. Is the team who update their site on holiday?
 
Looks like they really were in a hurry. I mean this thing wasnt almost there yet and they were already starting transfering transponders...
 
even lyngsat's info is not correct, they put 11509V on 2F-UK, which is certainly wrong...that one has to be on 2G Europe, it's almost burning a whole into my LNB cap. Same is true for 11464H and 11479V...
 
Back
Top