Astra 2G at 28.2E: General Discussion

Hi

Here in Crete Greece Heraklion I have signal 11307H & 11344 H with Mabo 1,85.I can not understand how can I see uk beam and not Astra 2g Europe beam!!! ?image.webpimage.webp
 
I can not understand how can I see uk beam and not Astra 2g Europe beam!!! ?

You are probably too near to the Europe beam to be inside the first side lobe, while you are far enoug away from the spot to be within 3rd or 4th sidelobe of the spot beam.
 
You are probably too near to the Europe beam to be inside the first side lobe, while you are far enoug away from the spot to be within 3rd or 4th sidelobe of the spot beam.
That was what I was thinking too. Later in the summer I'm going to be in northern Finland and will be curious to see if I'm in the 2G Europe null there.
 
This scan was done with a 35cm - toy - camping dish thingy I bought 20 years ago during analogue times... no doubt what is on 2G and what is not.
co8axzln.png

Pretty interesting you can still see that bumps of the spot beam TPs, but of course far from decodable.

High Band: none of those TPs are currently on 2G - 35cm are just not enough to receive the 2F/2E (West-)Europe Beam:
tojlcnv2.png
 
All the info is in this thread if you fancy a trawl through 15 pages of info.
 
Maybe there is still no official data for 2G and no press release because they can only position 2G to its final slot when E28A has left ? ...
 
The "new layout" has been around already for a year or more, in parallel with the old layout!

The recent change (a few days ago) is, the "old layout" CoB & ephemeris pages were removed.
The old index page still exists, but links were updated to point to the new layout pages:
http://www.ses.com/7767426/technical-data
 
Last edited:
tomorow c5 will be move 2e or 2g ?
C5 and C6 upper and lower (4x TP's) will all migrate to 2E, completion due by 0500hrs GMT.
 
it look move to uk beam i not know if 2e have europe beam
Very much likely, whether the Freesat Home TP goes UK spot is yet an unknown.
 
Maybe there is still no official data for 2G and no press release because they can only position 2G to its final slot when E28A has left ? ...
Most tracking sites seem to suggest 2G is at 28.2E at the moment. Reports from users with big dishes also seem to back this up. Assuming that is correct, wouldn't they have parked it closer to 28.3 or 28.4 if it was going to replace Eutelsat 28A at 28.5E? If they can't place it at 28.3E due to uplink frequency conflicts with 2E then how will they be able to move it from 28.2 to 28.5 while broadcasting and not interrupt 2E as it travels past? Of course I'm making a lot of assumptions here and my knowledge of uplinking and placement of satellites is rather limited so I could be talking rubbish!!

Perhaps is just that the announcement that 2G is online will be made once 28A has been shut down?
 
yeah I also think 2G is very near to 2F now. I was just thinking about a reason why they dont publish the data and hide their 100 million satellite. Has never happened before, theyve always annouced the commercial usage very quickly.
I dont think they have an uplink frequency problem - there will be only 3 satellites left anyway when 2A,2C, 28A will be gone.
 
yeah I also think 2G is very near to 2F now. I was just thinking about a reason why they dont publish the data and hide their 100 million satellite. Has never happened before, theyve always annouced the commercial usage very quickly.
I dont think they have an uplink frequency problem - there will be only 3 satellites left anyway when 2A,2C, 28A will be gone.
Perhaps the Minions have taken control?
 
Back
Top