Astra 2G at 28.2E: General Discussion

Just switched back to the bent 1.4, no ITV HD at all. All BBC´s CH5 etc ok between 7.8dB and 8.9dB for bbc 1 Wales ( now strongest round here )
 
I see 2E is moving slowly to 28.5E from 28.35, should be at 28.5E at end of month.
 
In Madrid 11009V off, the signal we see in the spectrum analyzer is tp 10994H.
11153V note is not DVB-S.
Alguien sabe que es.?
Anyone know what it is.?
-------------
En Madrid 11009V apagado, la señal que vemos en el analizador de espectro es del tp 10994H.
Tomar nota de 11153V, no es DVB-S.
Alguien sabe que es.?

11153V_0.jpg
PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif
 

Attachments

  • 11153V_1.webp
    11153V_1.webp
    203.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 11153V_2.webp
    11153V_2.webp
    236.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Resumen_11009V.webp
    Resumen_11009V.webp
    246 KB · Views: 11
  • Limpia_1.webp
    Limpia_1.webp
    180.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Baliza_1.webp
    Baliza_1.webp
    229.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Baliza_2.webp
    Baliza_2.webp
    167.9 KB · Views: 11
Just been up on the solarium, tooled up, Emitor, screwdriver, 13mm ring spanner and 5Kg sledge hammer.
Now have ITV HD 8.1dB, BBC1 HD 8.1dB, just on the limit with both, good most of the time, slight pixels very intermittent
Did not use the 5Kg sledge, for now.
Have just noticed I have 11068V ( STV HD ) 8.4dB, but no sign of 11053H
 
v5t.gif

Changing label/name 2 channels/Cambio de etiqueta/nombre de 2 canales.
img_a5995.gif


Tom Cruise y TomCruiseHD.
a4540.gif


img_a6246.jpg


PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif
 
Is 11023h on astra 2f, because I get at morning different snr graph related to astra2g 10964/11068/11097? Or what could affect that?
 
Is 11023h on astra 2f, because I get at morning different snr graph related to astra2g 10964/11068/11097? Or what could affect that?

11023h tightly follows the behaviour of others on 2G uk here.
It's difficult, & the first to go on any evenings with low signal.

By order of 'disapearing' within a half hour period:

BBC HD's > ITV HD's > CH5's > ITV's > CH4 HD > 4seven

Then black screen for approx 4-5 hours, all reapearing in opposite order.
Generally better than 2f was, and regularly getting days with no dropouts.
 
It somehow follows, but is still different through whole day. Here is two day snr graph (green line is 11023H):
2day_snr_10964_-_11097.webp
 
Have noticed since they turned off the big data signals can get Scotland HD no problem. Stronger than BBC One HD
 
Slightly oddly SES's CoB data is showing 2G is going to start drifting over towards 28.0E at the end of the month.
 
That could be nasty if 2g goes to 28.0 at the same time 2e is at 28.5 (earlier post ) it will twice as hard to get both sats on the smaller dishes round here
 
I just called SES payload management. The very nice pereson on the other end assured me that the data is wrong and will be recalculates regularly. If you look at the top of the page the Window Centre is still 28.2 whereas if you look at 2E COB the Window Centre is 28.5
 
Sorry, just to clear this up, was that for 2g or 2e?

2B or not 2B that is the question!
Sorry again, just re-read and saw the 2e COB REF
Could still be a problem though
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just called SES payload management. The very nice pereson on the other end assured me that the data is wrong and will be recalculates regularly. If you look at the top of the page the Window Centre is still 28.2 whereas if you look at 2E COB the Window Centre is 28.5
I did wonder if it was a mistake but not sure how the CoB data is generated and not sure why it would be so off occasionally.

I also noticed 2C CoB ends in the next few days, so I assume that means 2C is off elsewhere unless that's gone wrong too.
 
That could be nasty if 2g goes to 28.0 at the same time 2e is at 28.5 (earlier post ) it will twice as hard to get both sats on the smaller dishes round here
Yes I was thinking the same, but even with larger dishes it could have been even more tricky as they are more tightly focused with a more narrow beamwidth. At least it looks like it'll just be 0.3° to worry about.
 
Yes I was thinking the same, but even with larger dishes it could have been even more tricky as they are more tightly focused with a more narrow beamwidth. At least it looks like it'll just be 0.3° to worry about.
OK That makes it easy then


:-bighappy
 
Todays COB data for 2G is back to 28.2 deg. The COB is not generated manually. The man said, no Person is involved in crfeating the files. Ist all done by data fed into a computer programm which then generates the files.
 
Today I set my 240 up for 2E. Looks lile 24/7 but the loss of 2G and 2F. Maybe more of the other 2 in the winter.
 
This afternoon C5 came back despite beeing set for 2E. So I am hoping that during the winter I will have a bit of 2G and 2F.
 
Back
Top