Astra 2G: Iberia & Balearics Reports

I hate to be pessimistic, but I think time of year " TOY " is playing with us at the moment. Should be ok for two or if lucky three months, then normal service will be restored, sorry:(

I agree with you. Here in Menorca (on edge of the Barcelona null), a number of us using 1.65 mtr dishes have lost the UK spot beam channels. Same thing happened last winter with things then starting to return to normal (for us!) towards the end of March.

Thank goodness for my Android internet streaming box and XBMC/Kodi!! ;)
 
Sat results

10803 BBC NW 10.8db

10758 ITV GRANADA 10.4db

10714 CHANNEL 4 10.5db

11126 CH4 HD 9.1db

10847 BBC1 HD 9.6db

11023 BBC NEWS HD 7.8db

11097 ITV GRANADA HD 8.9db

11479 BT SPORT HD 18.9db

These are some findings from Southeast Mallorca using a 1.8 Prodelin with IBU quad, I've not tweaked my system for sometime, as access to the roof is difficult during the summer months, I will have a go when I am here later in the year, but right now I'm getting everything 24/7 that we want to watch, so no major concerns till the skies go grey !

I am now getting these results
10758 Granada. 11.2 db
10803 BBC1. 11.1 db
11023 BBC News hd 8.5 db
11053 Granada hd. 6.8 db pixelating
10847 BBC 1 hd. 10.9 db

All a decent improvement but still struggling with ITV hd , I know the transponder has changed and it's still weak here in Mallorca, I'm happy with the result after replacing the Inverto with this one below and it's white ! I presume others are having issues with the ITV hd transponders as well ? Any thoughts on this would be grateful, but so far the new lnb out performs my previous choice .
Smart Universal LNB TQS Quad Switch 0.1 dB Titanium 3rd edition
 
I presume others are having issues with the ITV hd transponders as well ? Any thoughts on this would be grateful, but so far the new lnb out performs my previous choice .
In Valencia area, ITV HD transponders are very skew sensitive. Perhaps this is why all others on your list show an improvement, and ITV1HD does not?
And some LNBs get them and others simply do not.
 
In Valencia area, ITV HD transponders are very skew sensitive. Perhaps this is why all others on your list show an improvement, and ITV1HD does not?
And some LNBs get them and others simply do not.
 
I've just come back from Mallorca and ITV HD Granada was on 24/7 no pixelation, I haven't touched since I was there at the end of March and I didn't take my meter so all I can say is that my Humax box was showing 70% quality where it was only showing 60%, could this be caused by the equinox or something else, any feedback would be gratefull
 
BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and Five have disappeared for me in their HD versions here in NW Spain. Has anything changed in the last few months, or is it just a question of readjusting/changing the LNB etc? My receiver is a Thomson TNT (French “Freesat” box) which is very sensitive. The dish is undersized at 1m50, prime focus, and LNB an Inverto Black Ultra, single.
 
My own pet theory is that the Jetstream has been much further south than normal for the last couple of months. This has coincided with a prolonged period of wet and windy weather that Spain has suffered - very unusual for the South of Spain. I think this unusual positioning (over northern Africa mostly, rather than over France or UK) has altered the atmospherics and reduced the already poor UK signal considerably . Without making any changes to our community system (although I was tempted to change our LNB or tweak the dish a bit), the signal returned to 'normal summer' levels in the last few weeks, and guess what, the Jetstream is also where it should be - north of Spain. Any changes that people have made to their system may just be pure coincidence (or not!)
 

Attachments

  • jetstream.webp
    jetstream.webp
    134.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi Folks,
It has been a loooong while since I posted last on this forum. Things have changed and I currently reside in southern Spain near Cartagena.
I was lucky enough that the previous owner left his Famaval 125x140 dish, so I immediately made use of it, in fact, it was already 28e aligned.
I swapped LNB for a new one - Inverto Black Ultra, and I can happily watch BBC HD channels from the lower band.
 

Attachments

  • Famaval.jpg
    Famaval.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240112_094104.jpg
    20240112_094104.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240112_094206.jpg
    20240112_094206.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240112_094150.jpg
    20240112_094150.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240112_094110.jpg
    20240112_094110.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240112_094138.jpg
    20240112_094138.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Hi Folks,
It has been a loooong while since I posted last on this forum. Things have changed and I currently reside in southern Spain near Cartagena.
I was lucky enough that the previous owner left his Famaval 125x140 dish, so I immediately made use of it, in fact, it was already 28e aligned.
I swapped LNB for a new one - Inverto Black Ultra, and I can happily watch BBC HD channels from the lower band.
can you not get higher band UK spot beam?
 
I can't, my concern is that the dish is not big enough anymore but I am happy with what I still have.
 
can offset dishes be any larger or would you have to switch to prime focus?
 
I remember one company in Poland that used to make 180cm offset but as far as I know, they don't do it anymore.
 
can offset dishes be any larger or would you have to switch to prime focus?
Channel Master makes offset 180 cm (I have one) and 240 cm dishes. Really. good quality antennas but pretty expensive.
 
I have better performances with my actual 2.4m offset dish than my previous 3m prime focus one.
I did not believe it when I checked for the first time but it is.
 
Maybe higher frequency struggling more?
Definetly! Also, the higher the freqency, the more likely the signal dissapears in the flanks of an European beam TP.
 
guessing 27.5w migration to 15w has killed reception of the satback mux now?
 
Back
Top