Astra 2G startup & Eutelsat 28A close down transponder changes

oh i understand that the ´real´ satellite is A28G but i was looking at the fact that only E28G has european beam and E28E+F have only UK beams ...
It looks like, for now at least, Eutelsat will only use the European beam on 2G so they are only "advertising" the European beam on their site.

Same goes for the other two satellites, they are only using the UK spots on those so they only have info on the UK spots.

I'm guessing Eutelsat either have only agreed to use these three beams or they might take up use of other beams at a later date and add them to the site when available.

At least that's how I see it.
 
My friend in DK lost ESPN HD as it went to UK beam. Any news on what will happen to BT Sport HD on 11597V? Will that stay?
 
Has anyone got a footprint map for 2G pan-EU beam please?
Thanks,
Viktor
 
As 2E,F and G were all designed to take over Eurobird frequencies (incl those that were never in contention), how long ago do you think SES and Eutelsat agreed to a deal? Interestingly, this deal must have been agreed long before the legal issues were settled last year.
 
Eutelsat were planning on building another bird for deployment at 28E before all the legal issues on spectrum usage kicked off. I guess once they were left only with 250MHz of their own spectrum, the SES deal to share capacity was cheaper and more favourable.
 
bye bye eutelsat28a ...hi to EUTELSAT 33C

Eutelsat 33C (formerly Eurobird 1 and Eutelsat 28A) is a Eutelsat operated Eurobirdsatellite, used primarily for digital television. It was launched in March 2001, and after a short period testing at 33°E, joined Eutelsat 2F4 at 28.5°E in the Clarke Belt, just within the range of satellite dishes pointed at SES' Astra 2 satellites at 28.2° east. It moved to 33° east and joinedEutelsat 33B in July 2015.

Eutelsat 33c
Moving 0.65°E/day

Hi, i have edited your post and removed the copy/paste links, would you be so kind to do the same please :), we sometimes gets peeps trying it on posting links to all kind of things :(, even though yours was clean its best to run it through notepad to remove any links :).
 
The NIT for 12.515H, 12.522V, 12.552V has changed to reflect the new transponders on 11.082H, 11.112H and 11.568V.

Although 12.545H hasn't been updated when I just checked now (to 11.553H) I assume it will do later today and this means the shutdown of the old 2F transponders should happen very soon.
 
Added more transponders to 2G Europe
 
Activated Friday morning 10.07.15, migrating from 2F Europe to 2G Europe
11.141H 22.0 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
11.171H 22.0 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
11.464H 22.0 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
11.479V 22.0 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
11.509H 22.0 5/6 QPSK DVB-S
11.538V 23.0 2/3 8PSK DVB-S2

11509 =V
not H
 
I wonder why Astra 2F has not broadcast those already on these freq.... maybe it really cannot do the Europe Beam below 11.7GHz
 
Now that those Astra 2F uk beam channels that used to on Eutelsat 28A have moved back to Astra 2G europe beam, do anyone think the channels that moved to Astra 2E uk beam will move to Astra 2G Europe beam???

That would be really great here in Finland :rolleyes:
I really would like 11307.00 V, 11344.50 V 11385.00 H and 11426.00 V back.
There is still space on Astra 2G Europe beam atleast on these transponders: 11611.75 H 11626.50 V 11641.25 H 11656.00 V 11973.00 V ;)
 
Last edited:
Now that those Astra 2F uk beam channels that used to on Eutelsat 28A have moved back to Astra 2G europe beam, do anyone think the channels that moved to Astra 2E uk beam will move to Astra 2G Europe beam???

That would be really great here in Finland :rolleyes:
No
 
I would click on unlike button if there was one for your answer Analoguesat :-buttkick :-rofl2
 
I wouldnt be surprised if the 2G Europe beam isnt slewed a bit more towards the north west in a few weeks as the power levels from the beam is quite frankly pathetic here - some of tp's have actually gone DOWN a bit since the dilapidated 28A was turned off!
 
Last edited:
Atleast for me that would not matter as the signal is almost as strong as those Astra 2A and 2B North beam channels although I am outside the first official footprint map and on the new map I am in the 42 dBW area and I am using 85 cm dish.
 
Last edited:
Now that those Astra 2F uk beam channels that used to on Eutelsat 28A have moved back to Astra 2G europe beam, do anyone think the channels that moved to Astra 2E uk beam will move to Astra 2G Europe beam???

That would be really great here in Finland :rolleyes:
I really would like 11307.00 V, 11344.50 V 11385.00 H and 11426.00 V back.
There is still space on Astra 2G Europe beam atleast on these transponders: 11611.75 H 11626.50 V 11641.25 H 11656.00 V 11973.00 V ;)
I don't think it'll happen because I suspect Eutelsat have agreed to the setup as it is now. Eutelsat own the 11.2-11.45GHz block and for whatever reason they have decided to split the transponders between the three satellites. What you will probably get is some channels switching transponders at some point to get their optimum footprints.
 
Back
Top