Astra 2G startup & Eutelsat 28A close down transponder changes

timo 2f move to astra 2g europe beam ?
All the 2F transponders between 12.5-12.7GHz are now in the process of moving to new transponders on 2G Europe.
 
Eutelsat were planning on building another bird for deployment at 28E before all the legal issues on spectrum usage kicked off. I guess once they were left only with 250MHz of their own spectrum, the SES deal to share capacity was cheaper and more favourable.

That settlement was agreed in 2014 and after 2F launch, which was specifically designed with Eutelsat frequencies. There is no evidence that the new satellites can just switch frequency plan at will.
 
I wouldnt be surprised if the 2G Europe beam isnt slewed a bit more towards the north west in a few weeks as the power levels from the beam is quite frankly pathetic here - some of tp's have actually gone DOWN a bit since the dilapidated 28A was turned off!
Have you checked the skew of your LNB aimed towards 28 east? My own dish aimed for that sat is a standard Zone 2 Mk3 dish and I originally had the MTI lnb skew set at "4" to favour the weaker Eutelsat 28A signals (as opposed to the recommended "3" for here) - a couple of days ago I went out to adjust the skew to "3" and the ex-E28A signals gained roughly a 0.5db SNR improvement e.g. just before I went outside Vintage TV was 12.3db SNR, when I came back in it was now hitting 12.8db.

So it seems that these new Astra satellites for the 11.2 - 11.45GHz band has the same skew offset that is on other frequencies on the same birds of 2E/F/G.
 
Ive got a 60cm ex analogue dish with an octo lnb on it - its always been absolutely peaked up fine.

To be honest SWMBO records so much Im loathe to tinker too much with the lnb. I'll maybe have a look at it when I get back off holiday in a few weeks time.
 
To tidy up in order to make room for new spot beam capacity there? :eek:
Well considering 2G can't do 12.5-12.75GHz and that many of the 2F transponders (especially UK spots) have now transferred to 2G in the lower bands, perhaps they will start using 12.5-12.75GHz for 2F UK spots at some point in the future.

It looks like 11.45-11.7 is mainly for 2G Europe beams and there are a fair few in the 10.95-11.2GHz band too which was almost all UK spot until 2G came along. Maybe the new UK spot band will indeed be 12.5-12.75GHz.

It could partly explain why they where so keen to get stuff off 2F when 2G came long.
 
Ive got a 60cm ex analogue dish with an octo lnb on it - its always been absolutely peaked up fine.

To be honest SWMBO records so much Im loathe to tinker too much with the lnb. I'll maybe have a look at it when I get back off holiday in a few weeks time.

**BREATHES IN THROUGH TEETH**

I don't blame you! :-buttkick
 
Well considering 2G can't do 12.5-12.75GHz and that many of the 2F transponders (especially UK spots) have now transferred to 2G in the lower bands, perhaps they will start using 12.5-12.75GHz for 2F UK spots at some point in the future.

It looks like 11.45-11.7 is mainly for 2G Europe beams and there are a fair few in the 10.95-11.2GHz band too which was almost all UK spot until 2G came along. Maybe the new UK spot band will indeed be 12.5-12.75GHz.

It could partly explain why they where so keen to get stuff off 2F when 2G came long.
Wouldn't be surprised if the potential BBC English regional HD transmissions plus further ITV HD regions were to appear here in the near future. Putting beams together in respective sub-bands seems logical. I wonder if the tests ITV and SES did with a symbol rate of 23000 and 5/6 FEC using DVB-S2 8PSK a while back might be tried again if several transponders close together in frequency and transmission spec might produce different results?
 
The channels on 2F 12.604, 12.611V, 12.633H, 12.640V, 12.663H and 12.670V (tps 79-84) are now mapped to their new 2G copies so these old transponders should be switched off any day now.

The odd one out is 12.545H (tp 75) which is still being used by Sky even though there has been a copy on 2G 11.553H for over 2 weeks.
 
TP75 will closedown on the 20th. This TP is carrying Ramadan TV and there's a bit of special dispensation given to them in lieu of them being a temporary service which finishes this weekend.

As it's aimed at a UK and European market, given there's a fair few who will use generic receivers to view it, the channel didn't want to move TP mid way through Ramadan.
 
Added shutdown of the six 2F Europe transponders that have moved to 2G Europe
 
Added shutdown of the six 2F Europe transponders that have moved to 2G Europe
Tp84 12.670V23000 2/3 DVB-S2/8PSK &TV HD
I could see this morning a few minutes before shutdown,Or sort the list of channels I leave.
a4540.gif
 
Yeah, I think that's about it now for major transponder shuffles to 2G. Will leave this thread as a sticky for a while longer then remove it.
 
new:
11974 v 3/4 29500 dvbs-2/Qpsk
copie of the 11597 v
 
Back
Top