Astra 3a Swindon

celspid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receivers: Manhattan Plaza ST 550 160gb PVR,
Triple Dragon, Strong SRT 4375, Technomate TM-1500 Super, Sky +, 2*TV Drives
1.2 metre offset Channel Master dish with Supermount H to H motor, Quad 0.3db Invacom LNB with matched feedhorn. Currently see
My Location
Merseyside
Are you sure 12bore? Very difficult here in Liverpool on a Channel Master 1.2 metre and I'm much further eastward than you?!?

cheers,
celspid

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Can I point out that things have changed on 19E since the thread started and Markiza, STV1 CT1 & CT2 are all now available on UPC via 19E with 60cm dishes instead of the monster things needed for 23E :D

The status of any channel can be found here:

http://en.kingofsat.net/search.php

Xhans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Dish, cryptoworks decoder and czechlink card.
My Location
Reading, Berkshire
AnalogueSat - How much was the UPC Direct package and where did you get the details to sign up to it?

I am currently have massive issues with the company that provided our setup for Astra3a and would like to move to the UPC package but dont know how to sign up for it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I havent signed up to it - I just looked the channel details up on KingofSat :D

The chapest way to sign up is to use a contact in your foreign country. If you have to use a uk based reseller you are looking at probably double the price.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+ 500GB, 85cm transparent dish on motor, 50Mbit line, Czech Link
My Location
East coast UK
Hi Xhans
You can buy UPC subscription quite easily in any town in Czech Rep, most satellite shops will provide these and give you receiver for free if you prepay for a year. The basic sub is 600Kc a month, that is about £14. It includes all the Czech channels, even TV Nova which is not available on Czechlink. It also includes Galaxie Sport which shows most premiership matches, Discovery etc.

You may want check these out _www.upc.cz and _www.omko.cz

12bore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2
1.1m Triax
0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
Well, had a look at this satellite at lunchtime and about an hour ago,the Czechlink is coming in at about 45% strength, Slovaklink is about 29% on my SS2. Both are perfectly watchable. Having read some more threads about astra3 on this forum, I am a bit chuffed:toke: Didn't realise they were so difficult to get. And I am definitely on 23.5 east.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are very often out of footprint sweet spots when looking at fringe reception, would be interesting to hear from more members in Southern Ireland to see if this is one of those spots. :)

celspid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre offset Channel Master dish with Supermount H to H motor, Quad 0.3db Invacom LNB with matched feedhorn. Currently see
My Location
Merseyside
12bore....thanks for double-checking, well that is very weird! It must be as rolfw says an anomaly of sorts or out of footprint sweet spot. Lucky you! You don't have good reception to Nilesat 7 west too, do you? If you do, please reply to the other separate thread, would be interested. In the meantime you can stay quite rightly 'chuffed'. ;) :)
I have a currently not used 1.8 metre Channel Master, which I'm hoping to fix up soon, I'm hoping this will get all of Astra 3A for me, not much open on it though currently unless someone knows otherwise, used to be okay with Cerebro card.

cheers,
celspid

12bore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2
1.1m Triax
0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
Maybe it is boosted here for all the East European workers living in Ireland:)
Good bunch of people, by the way.

Can't really get Nilesat here, have managed to store channel info for a couple of transponders, but the signal keeps coming and going and it is hard to get a lock for long enough to download the channel info. Most of the time I get no signal at all. Nothing to be chuffed about!

celspid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Merseyside
12bore,,,,thanks for the info in the Astra 3A and Nilesat threads. We have lots of east Europeans in Liverpool too, maybe I should contact SES Astra to please swing their transponder footprints more westwards to cater for them all. Or just throw everything on Astra 1D which is at the same orbital location, but much more powerful in UK and Ireland. Ha ha just a thought.

cheers,
celspid

matthurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60 cm Sky dish with old 0.6 db LNB.Kaon receiver+Czechlink viewing card.
My Location
Wexford,South East Ireland
I have not used my czechlink card since all czech channels were moved to Astra 3A (summer 2005).Couple days ago I decided to try getting some signal from there..Success!! Signal strenght is around 60% and quality 55%.Czechlink works but I am getting drop outs and when raining or cloudy there is no picture at all.I am using an old sky dish with 0.6 db LNB.Have to upgrade to bigger dish.Probably will try Triax 80 cm dish and 0.2 db LNB and let you know how it goes!! Also I am using Kaon receiver with cryptoworks embedded.
To: 12Bore- It is not boosted here for us. They do not give a s..t about us as you can see. Astra on 19.2 is much stronger but no they had to choose some stupid Astra 3A.
PS: There is Hungarian,Slovakian and Czech version of UPC out there.Not only Hungarian.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
That's a heck of a signal report from you location :-applause
I wonder if you can detect any fade during the day over there ???

Rgds

L.:)

matthurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes,there is a signal fade during a day. I had no picture from 3.pm to 6.pm with already installed 80cm dish. After 6.pm (roughly) picture and sound arrived. Some drop outs but watchable. Surprisingly there is no signal improvement with that dish. I am getting still same figures for czechlink as I mentioned above. I will have to try some 0.2 LNB. By the way there are particularly signal problems with czechlink only. For example I got 30% signal improvement on Dutch bunch of channels broadcasting from Astra 3A. Figures are strenght 70% quality 84%. My impression is I will need at least 140 cm dish to receive satisfactory signal from czechlink here in Ireland.
Waiting for your piece of knowledge guys.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
G0JCN said:
I have an elevated area in the garden that would stand a 2mt, although a 1.8 would be better. on the ground and out of eyeshot of neighbours do i need planning?

definately yes, i use to have a 1.6 dish up , not anymore, someone shopped me, i know who as well. a spitefull nasty b, have you got good neighbours? even ask them to see what they would think, you never know they might not mind. All my neighbours are good except that one person

12bore

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2
1.1m Triax
0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
Matthurt, I am fairly close to Wexford (South Kilkenny), and I am picking up Czechlink on 23.5 24/7, even in pretty heavy rain. I am using a 1.1m Triax with a Tit 0.2 lnb, and a SkyStar 2. With a little bit of dish tweaking, I get a max signal of about 55% on a clear day.

matthurt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
12bore, are you sure it works 24/7? Do you have czechlink viewing card or do you go by CT24 channel which is free? It looks like you are using your PC as a satellite receiver. Is that correct? What do you mean by "dish tweaking"? Are you trying to say that you have bent your dish? I am getting a signal quality between 54% to 60% even on cloudy and rainy days with 80cm dish and czechlink is watchable only in certain daytime. As you say, you have 1.1 dish with nearly same signal quality (when clear day) but czechlink works 24/7 for you. That is pretty weird. Thanks for your post anyway. I will keep working on it.

Xhans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Dish, cryptoworks decoder and czechlink card.
My Location
Reading, Berkshire
Here is a detailed view of the service I get from Astra-3a using the czech link card. Lets just say the misses is less than happy with the service.