Astra 3A, UK Reception and Dish Size Map

I have been told by my Czech friends that there are now czech language programmes on 1west. Satcodx confirms this but my motor is playing up so I cannot confirm it. Anyone else tried this spot?
 
There is no such thing as a stronger LNB-f good luck finding a high qulity 1.5m dish with matched ku feed in the uk, Astra 3a is a 1.8m andrews or prodelin job where you are as i have tried it a few times when i have been working in scotland,

AERIALS & SATELLITES said:
i got czech link today with 1m dish and a droll .6 lnb for about 10min in moray scotland( 40 miles from inverness ) then it faded out on me.
:-Nooo
i have a czech customer who is desperate to get the channels he has subscribed to, funny thing is he got his subscription before he looked for a installer.:-rofl2

he speaks very little english, hence its hard to explain to him why he got to watch ct1, ct2, ct24, galaxie sport and prima tv, c5 film, top tv for 10 min. the the signal dropped out.

iv ordered a stronger lnb and im contiplating whether i should get him a 1.5 or a 1.8 dish.
 
Since yesterday I get Astra 3A 24x7 on my Fibo 1.2 and I am located near Heathrow...

Have to check out when it rains
 
What size of dish do you recommend in Birmingham? for Astra 3A? 12,525/V 12,565/H
Thanks
 
We have no results for Birmingham, but I would guess at bigger than 1.2m.
 
I'm in that region, I'll check with a 90cm and post results.
 
I actually remember looking for this info on behalf of another installer last month.

At the moment with the cloud the result is Nothing and I'm 30 miles from B'ham with a 90cm & Invacom LNb.

But... remember some picture blocking when it's a clear day with signal drop out sometimes.

Note: There is also a considerable difference in footprint between Horz & vertical transponders from that satellite on that beam.

The Vert footprint is weaker from the footprint maps.

Hope this helps :)
 
Watching Death Wish V right now, 11739V SR27500 Fec 3/4 MGM channel. I am 6 miles North East of Belfast with 90cm Dish. Very clear sky here tonight Signal at 73% I am grabbing Ocko at 81% 10862H SR22000 Fec 5/6.

Coordinates 54.618 N / 5.908W(I think)

Did a re/scan picked up 3 new tv channels . INT VID1, 2 and 3 on FReq 12032H /27500/3/4
 
For Rolf's map.

Both Tp's this morning are running fine at 58 per cent quality on technomate Rx.
(tech: 68dBuV, bBER : 5-E4, MER 10) :D
 
Very strong signal for 3A Czech and Slovak tpx in SE Kent with 80cm and 0.2 lnb
 
olisun said:
Since yesterday I get Astra 3A 24x7 on my Fibo 1.2 and I am located near Heathrow...

Have to check out when it rains

Signal is fine even when it rains
 
Much more accurate map for Astra 3A with recommended dish size rather than the 47dBW quoted as 65cm -85cm required for UK
 

Attachments

  • Astra3A @ 23.5e.webp
    Astra3A @ 23.5e.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 169
Just had a play with the Fibo 90cm on a ground mount, found the CSLink channels with a reasonable degree of stability. Just about managed to pull in the Skylink channels on 12565 H (see picture below of TA3), but skew is ultra critical, as the signal strength was only 60db and there is a Vertical transponder on the same frequency so the signal to noise ratio is very low, it was quite cloudy, but I would imagine that I would lose it with light rainfall.

Not sure whether the Channel Master 1.2 will give much improvement on the Skylink channels,as I didn't have a 3" stand on which to mount it, will have to try another day and I've run out of free time for the next few days. :)
 

Attachments

  • fibo_1.webp
    fibo_1.webp
    154.6 KB · Views: 119
  • TA3_picture.webp
    TA3_picture.webp
    91.9 KB · Views: 128
Good going Rolf :)

I'd be quite keen on knowing the results with the CM when you get round to trying.

Result about the same I had with a standard 90cm yesterday.

SM
 
I live in North West and have 1m dish and 0% of Slovak channels on 12565H. On other frequencies 80%. Do you I need a bigger dish or move a dish?
 
Managed to pull in some of the Kabel Deutschland stuff on 11474v this evening in the Midlands on a Fracarro Penta 85 :D

Not too bad considering the size of the dish and how far out of the official footprint we are here in Sunny Wolverhampton :-worship

:-beer

Nano
 

Attachments

  • osdshot.webp
    osdshot.webp
    32 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot1.webp
    Screenshot1.webp
    36 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top