Astra 3A

Good choice for that sat in Reading.

Be interested to know what do you think of the OP120 then mate.


L.:)
 
looks a quality dish that , how heavy are they ? what did you think of them overall
 
Nice dish, very light aluminium face, but very heavy mount, seems to perform very well and also very accurate elevation adjustment by use of a screw rod if required. Also one of the few dishes with an accurate elevation scale, we preset the inclination and declination before mounting the motor and dish on the mast (according to the handbook) and didn't need to change either.
 
Love mine to bits :D

Wish they made a BIG one though.


L.:)
 
sounds good might be tempted to replace my 80cm dish with one i wish

how come you fitted one of these over triax, channelmaster dishes ? do they have better gain or just better build quality
 
Much better than Triax in my opinion, Channel Master possibly better, but even heavier.

Wasn't my choice, as I would have fitted it with a 36v motor and V-Box otherwise, but that does of course put up the price and the member was probably trying to keep the price down to a reasonable level, he had only fairly recently upgraded to a 1m Funke for Czech Link on 28.5. :)
 
how much are they and do you have any links to sites on the web as dvb shop 24 have them but there in germany
 
I think that the dish came from Hisat, £85 plus carriage.
 
thats surprised me the price thought they were much more than that. the 1metre seems a bargain at 49 quid + shipping if that is made from aluminium too
 
Every picture tells the story doesnt it.... maybe I should take down my triax 1.1 and fit the gibertini in its place.

3A does fall off rapidly though, I am about 70 miles north and thirty west of reading.

The claimed gain figures arn't that different so i guess they are mesured with perfect conditions and the cheap dishes I am playing with simply dont achive. Looking at the footprint map I would expect to get results with about 45db of gain, and in theory I should have that......
Pondering....:-))
 
Don't think 3A is 45db at your loc though
It would be a lot stronger here in that case.

If you have time in the next hour or so then now is the time to look at the signal.

Rgds


L.:)
 
There we go...
Perfect here right now.


L.:)
 
And the Czec one


L.:)
 
I still watch Slovak link(I can't get Czech-link) in the morning and early evening only.I've triad 1.2m cheap dish,but signal was worse then on my 1m orbital dish.I've thought about 1.25 gibertini,but I don't want to spend 150£ just to try(Can't have bigger-live in listed building).Can you tell me where are you exactly and how if you have 24/7 reception on slovak-link with your 1.25 gibertiny?My position is 51.61N and 02.02W.
Thanks.
Peter
 
Not 24 HR here, but most of the day though, as my reciever is not one of the most sensitive you can get.


@wod

9hrs left on an OP120 on fleabay with 5 bids so far and currently at £32.

L.:)
 
i have a signal on astra 3 but no channels work on it, most say scrambelled but the free ones just stay a black screen. not sure why because astra 1 and hotbird are working fine for me. they both have the same signal as astra 3 too
 
There are some FTA on Slovak link so you should get those, they are relativly new transponders though and may not be in your receivers list. I had to add them.

Long hours this week, I will play with mine again at the weekend.

If you are getting Astra 3 on same signal as Astra 1 in Bristol then I think there is a mistake though.
 
@ krazy_tattooist

There are also High Definition transmissions on that satellite, so they would show as FTA with a strong signal, but you would not get a picture. :)

PS according to your profile you shouldn't be able to receive anything. ;)
 
Nice dish, i get very tempted now to buy one but afraid of it getting damaged in shipping.

How well was the dish packed? did it only come in a cardboard box, no foam inside what so ever to protect it?
 
Back
Top