Astra 3A

So I have looked at the various specs and the gibertini boasts gain figures almost the same as the triax 110. the fortec 1.6 and 1.8 boast figures identical to the channelmaster figures for the same size so what am i to believe. simply the fortec does not achieve? What sort of gain figure do you think I need Rolfw?

If i can achieve about 45db it should be enough I would think.
 
rolfw said:
Just arrived back from installing the Gilbertini 1.25m in Reading, mounted on a Stab HH 120 and onto to the existing wall mount, bigger than I'd like for that motor, but it seems to turn OK, if somewhat slowly.
Rolfw!

Did the Stab HH120 wooble alot in the setup you did?

My Stab i bought wobbles/slacks alot from the shaft/pole in the motor.

I opened it and it seems the quality tolerance is not the best as the metal cogs is slacking inside, i didn't see a way to adjust it either to get rid of it.
My Moteck is not even noticeable.
 
Nice one Lancelot.... Thanks for the phone call. Yes I won it and will pick it up ASAP. What about an LNB. As its PF it needs something better than a bog standard universal doesn't it?. What is a "chapperal corator two" and is it any use to me? I have a brand new smart 0.2 LNB on my office desk (although it doesnt receive much there):) ....... Would that do?
If I can find a C120, would the feedhorn on the chapperal corator be any use?
Once again, many thanks for the call and I will certainly let you know how we get on.

Cheers
 
The guy used to watch C band stuff on it by the looks of it.
You'll need a C120 type Ku band LNB and possibly a good feed horn for it.
But see what it comes with first.



I should explain to everyone else that I saw this going for £50 on fleaby, and thought of Martins plight, so gave him the heads up.


L.:)
 
Just spoke to the man, going to collect on good friday, (14th). seems he has a LNB, a 0.8, so I guess we will see how it goes.

cant wait to try it......:)
 
Lancelot said:
The guy used to watch C band stuff on it by the looks of it.
You'll need a C120 type Ku band LNB and possibly a good feed horn for it.
But see what it comes with first.



I should explain to everyone else that I saw this going for £50 on fleaby, and thought of Martins plight, so gave him the heads up.


L.:)

Is it made by Precision Antennas in the UK?
 
Don't know mate, I suppose he'll get a bit of history when he picks it up.
Good for £50 though.

L.:)
 
Cracking deal, good tipoff L. :)
 
Yes.... The guy said it is made by Precision. Does that make it good? I've been looking on the net but havent found them.
 
G0JCN said:
Yes.... The guy said it is made by Precision. Does that make it good? I've been looking on the net but havent found them.
The best metal dish in the world;)

You should have a plate with serial number at the back of the dish on the mount ring to proove it.
 
Sent them an Email and they have sent a pdf file with all the set up instructions for Ku, great service.

Looks like it's going to be a good dish then :) Cheers everyone.
 
G0JCN said:
Sent them an Email and they have sent a pdf file with all the set up instructions for Ku, great service.

Looks like it's going to be a good dish then :) Cheers everyone.

Dealer price is £556 ex works for the 1.8m dish with polarmount according to my pricelist.

I guess you got a pretty good deal there mate ;)
 
Just to finally close my thread. I can now receive Czech channels 24/7 on a 100cm dish. I could receive the slovak channels 24/7 on my 80cm dish. I am based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.

Thank you all once again for your help. :) :) :)
 
Hi All,

Have tried to read all the posts on recieving Astra 3a in particular recieving Czech link, since it moved to 23.5 I can't get it on my 80cm disk using a technomate Tm-1000Ci reciever. I am located in Walton-on-thames (Lat 51.3654 lon-0.4073).
From what I have read I have concluded the dish is too small, but really am unsure what size I need to move to.

rolfw you said you installed a Gilbertini 1.25m in reading which is slightly further west than me, however it was also motorised, what difference does this make?

Where can you get the 1.25m dish from? I can only find 1.0m and 1.5m? Can anyone suggest someone in my area that could help set me up?? Or have any suggestions on the dish required?

Mother inlaw coming over in 2 weeks and want to get this working so I can watch the football in peace;-))
 
I set up a 1m dish in Camberley the other day for Slovak link and that just pulled in some of the Czech channels, but they were dropping in and out, so I think that you really need the 1.25m, but may get away with a 1.1m Triax or similar.

Hisat in Bristol used to sell the 1.25m Gilbertini, but looks like they no longer do, these bigger dishes are a little harder to get hold of.
 
what about a channelmaster 1.2m that should pull in those channels ?
 
I have Channel Master 1.2 dishes in the garage, fixed and polarmount

I am about three miles from Walton so fitting shouldn't be any issue
 
That's a bit of result then :D Nice one CH.
Reception seems better of late with 24/7 over here now.


Rgds


L.:)
 
Hi CH, sounds great!!
Only concern would be the weight of the Dish, have read they are very heavy and I can only mount it on the garage wall.
 
Back
Top