astra 3b reception in tel aviv (israel)

mobutu

Member
My Satellite Setup
i have a 80 cm sat dish with a topfield reciever(tf6000f)
My Location
tel aviv-yafo,israel
astra 3b is on air . receiving it sound and clair on a 130cm off set dish that has
astra 28.2E as a center lnb. actually i 'm getting the 11778V27500 9/10
dvb-s2/qpsk with a quite strong signal(signal level:77%-signal quality:72%) on a
visionet 2100 hd receiver. i want to try the blind scan may be i can find something
else.
 
Astra 3B is at 23.5 to the best of my knowledge I have posted a non active link to current transmissions

-http://www.flysat.com/astra3b.php

Source of a new 3D test transmission
 
Topper said:
Astra 3B is at 23.5 to the best of my knowledge I have posted a non active link to current transmissions
I suspect mobutu meant they are receiving it with an offset LNB on 23.5E.

I'm curious to know what reception is like in Finland but won't be able to test for a few weeks.
 
i meant that i have a130 cm offset dish aiming at 28.2E with on it side a second lnb at 23.5E
which anables me to get astra G and now astra 3b .
 
According to n2yo.com ( _http://www.n2yo.com/?s=36581 ) that satellite is at 20ºE.

And just to double check I downloaded the latest TLE set from NORAD:

ASTRA 3B
1 36581U 10021A 10162.00000000 .00000122 00000-0 00000+0 0 206
2 36581 0.0400 97.9610 0008550 169.3500 15.4120 1.00014677 316

I just ran that and got 20.02ºE and moving slowly west (1444 minute orbit).

BTW: re: 11778V that's on Astra 1E. Kingofsat have it marked as Astra 3B but it looks like someone got their homework wrong.
 
I'm always a bit sceptical of these tracking sites.
 
Which tracking sites? I just downloaded the TLEs from NORAD and calculated it myself and it comes up the same as I said in my post above. Are you saying NORAD has got it wrong, or kingofsat?
 
I can receive the freq. 11778 V 27500 9/10 of Astra 3B @ 23.5° East with strong signal and at the same time i receive also all the others channels of Astra 1G at 23.5°E .
(according to -http://www.flysat.com/astra23.php this tps moved to Astra-3B from Astra 1E - I have no reception of Astra 1E in my area)
 

Attachments

  • DSC03114.webp
    DSC03114.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
Huevos said:
Which tracking sites? I just downloaded the TLEs from NORAD and calculated it myself and it comes up the same as I said in my post above. Are you saying NORAD has got it wrong, or kingofsat?

Why would Astra 3B be at 20E and moving west? It doesn't make sense. To me it sounds like someone forgot to tell the tracking program that Astra 3B will be parking at 23.5E.
 
Huevos said:
Which tracking sites? I just downloaded the TLEs from NORAD and calculated it myself and it comes up the same as I said in my post above. Are you saying NORAD has got it wrong, or kingofsat?

Satellite tracking tle's are notoriously inaccurate where geostationary satellites are changing location simply because the tracking programmes are designed for things that carry on moving in one direction in a regular way. Geosats that change direction often take a few days to get caught up because the tle's are automatically generated.
 
i'm receiving 5 more transponders. very strong signal.(11719h;11739v;11856v;11914h;12032h)
 
And as I predicted - we won't see any FTA gems on that sat anyways :)
 
Is astra2connect going to stay on the widebeam?Internet is quite cheap from this
 
hoi,
@ bombedone:

for fta on astra 3B see transponder 11914 h all regional dutch tv is fta also the dutch radiostations on this transponder are fta
 
Back
Top