astra 5b 31,5e

No signals at all here from Astra 5B @ 31.5 east I have been trying at various times of the day & night for the last few weeks but it looks like i can forget about this slot with a 100cm dish due to the very tight footprints.
 
No signals at all here from Astra 5B @ 31.5 east I have been trying at various times of the day & night for the last few weeks but it looks like i can forget about this slot with a 100cm dish due to the very tight footprints.

I find that odd as I get a couple of transponders much further west than you on a Fibo 90cm dish.
 
Right, so I thought that my 1.5m in its new position wasn't going to reach 31.5E - I was wrong! I get every transponder listed on Flysat, except 11758H and 11817V on the wide beam. Most TPs read at least 9dB, though many are over 10dB and some even reading over 11dB. This is a much better result than the footprint maps would have you believe.

Sadly, the only channel viewable FTA on my Dr HD F15 is the Pro TV Int. There are others in multistream mode from Italy and Ukraine available on a sat-card but.. I hate watching TV on a computer. Lots of decent Russian channels on Magti TV package but not having a subscription rules that out :(

IMAG0918.webp
 
Last edited:
Right, so I thought that my 1.5m in its new position wasn't going to reach 31.5E - I was wrong! I get every transponder listed on Flysat, except 11758H and 11817V on the wide beam. Most TPs read at least 9dB, though many are over 10dB and some even reading over 11dB. This is a much better result than the footprint maps would have you believe.

hi - C J
like wise here with 1.8 c.m --
So i had a go with the 1.2 c.m - and a blind search into the F15 shows signals locked from
11934 V
12012 V
12090V
12168 V
12207 V
12246 V
12324 V
12402 V
12480 V
11953 H
 
Thanks for the feedback just tried some adjustment on the 100cm dish declination & Lnb skew only about 1/2 mm & I am now getting 53% Quality nearly enough to lock onto the channels on 11934 V 30000 so will check out 31.5 east later tonight :)
Using the TM6900HD Super+ with 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra Lnb.
 
I find it odd that MagtiSat of Georgia is broadcast on the "high" beam, which Georgia sits on the edge off (well, 51dBW but still) as opposed to the "wide" one, which covers Georgia in its entirety...
 
Success at last with Astra 5B DSCN0538.webp TM5302HD + 100cm
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0539.webp
    DSCN0539.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0540.webp
    DSCN0540.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
A very good result - that's one of the weakest transponders on the "High" beam. I get a max of 8.5dB on that on the 1.5m dish.
 
good signal, around 50% here from the Astra 5B. Never had it here on my location
Get the transponders on the high beam from Orange and Magtisat.
Acording to the maps I shouldn't be receiving this sat cause it's well far away from it's coverage zone.
 
good signal, around 50% here from the Astra 5B. Never had it here on my location
Get the transponders on the high beam from Orange and Magtisat.
Acording to the maps I shouldn't be receiving this sat cause it's well far away from it's coverage zone.
Impressive. Must be a side lobe that far out?
 
Satellite operator SES (Astra) placed its Ultra HD demo channel on ASTRA 5B, which is located at position 31.5 ° E. Free broadcast content in Ultra HD resolution is currently the highest-quality video and audio transmission via satellite.

Ultra HD demo channel broadcasts the programming position called SES Demo Channel UHD resolution 3840x2160 pixels (4K) in HEVC codec and sound quality of about 50 to 70 kbit / s AAC ADTS. Picture to the text: Astra launched Ultra HD demo channel 31.5

UHD demo program includes a short video materials from nature and technology. The aim is to encourage more transmission format Reseller and satellite television equipment and of course end customers. Picture to the text: Astra launched Ultra HD demo channel on 31.5

Technical parameters:

• Astra 5B (31.5 ° E) freq. 12.070 GHz, pol. H, SR 30000, FEC 3/4, DVB-S2 / 8PSK

ID: SES UHD Demo Channel
service ID: 7590
video PID: 7591 (HEVC)
audio PID: 7592 (AAC) FTA
 
Satellite operator SES (Astra) placed its Ultra HD demo channel on ASTRA 5B, which is located at position 31.5 ° E.

Technical parameters:

• Astra 5B (31.5 ° E) freq. 12.070 GHz, pol. H, SR 30000, FEC 3/4, DVB-S2 / 8PSK

ID: SES UHD Demo Channel
service ID: 7590
video PID: 7591 (HEVC)
audio PID: 7592 (AAC) FTA

??
 

Attachments

  • Snap263.webp
    Snap263.webp
    120.6 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top