astra and hotbird..what channels are avaliable ?

J

jonnyv

Have been recomended to get a receiver to get astra and hotbird (i know nothing about satellites).

What channels will be avaliable to me ?

Is it all german,french language,football and mature content ?

I am after good english language stations,movies and some mature content.

cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Jonnyv,

You've picked a difficult time to start your hobby, there are several updated encryption systems kicking off at present, it may well be that for a period of months, a lot of the English language films on those satellites will be unhackable.

Many people in your position have bought the Humax 5400 irci with a patched embedded CAM to enable decoding of several different encryption methods. Some of these encryptions however are being as we write, upgraded to newer more complex ones and are not at present hacked.

Have a look at www.lyngsat.com and look at the pages for 19.2e and 13e, this will give you the available channels.

Rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I have a patched IRCI 5400z and it's brought me hours of pleasure. With a correctly programmed card (I use a Funcard and, occasionally, a Silver Card with DS9) I can find more English language films than I can easily watch (and I'm a film enthusiast), all the Premier League football my wife can stomach (and I'm a Manchester United fan), several English language channels documentary and news channels and 24 hour mature content on at least 4 channels. After 23.00 hrs its difficult to avoid the mature content on premium and PPV channels.

Rolf is right, of course. There are problems looming as new encryption systems emerge and we may have the inconvenience of inaccessible channels for a while. I'm optimistic that any changes to the encryption systems will be hacked before too long.

However, the really pleasurable, interesting and satisfying part of this hobby is overcoming the difficulties and the learning process itself. I spend far more time looking at satellite sites on the Internet, adjusting, fine-tuning and generally fiddling with my satellite toys than I do watching the television. I know that's sad, but that's the way it is.

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not as sad as being a Man U fan ! LOL

C

cindy

can you tell me if the Humax 5400z is good as I am thinking of upgrading, does it mean you dont have to have a load of cams with it to watch different channels.
Cindy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Cindy,

The 5400Z requires a modification to enable ongoing upgrades and there are a couple of threads discussing this. Some companies sell these already modified and patched, there is a small unit called a Z board which is added, you will need to ask if it is home updatable.

Rolf

C

cindy

Hi Rolf
I have bought the Hyundai 1000 patched receiver, could you tell me why when I go to some of the channels ie: FilmNet etc it comes up with please wait then the screen goes blank, I am using a Boris5in1 on the FunCard
regards
Cindy

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'm one of those fans who's actually stood on the terraces at the Stretford End, not one of the limp-wristed Southern Jessie types who claims to support the Club but wouldn't know where to find the stadium, since it means coming north of Watford. Now they're sad.

Neither am I one of those self-appointed, non-Mancunian, 'experts' who peddles the myth that all true Mancs really support City. Oh really? Try telling that to the three generations of my (Manchester born and bred) family who've always supported the Reds.

And I saw the Busby Babes play (only once, but that's a memory worth having). And the Charlton, Law, Best, etc sides.

Sad? That's the epithet we reserve for for Arsenal supporters.

Wolsty

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Hello Cindy.

My IRCI 5400z is great. I bought it ready patched and have reflashed it several times. The z Board is needed only once, to convert the 5400z back to the original 5400 status. In my opinion, it's best to let the dealer do it, since it's not cost effective to buy or build a z board and you may invalidate your guarantee if you open the case to fiddle with the innards.

One of the best things about the Humax is the amount of support available on the Web. For example, look at

http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/Talen/English/index.htm

Wolsty

C

cindy

hi Wolsty
My Hyundai is already patched, i was inquiring why on Filmnet and other channels I get the message please wait then the screen goes blank.
Cindy

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
My misunderstanding Cindy. I should read the threads more carefully, but jumping straight in, feet first, eyes closed, has always been one of my weaknesses.

Can't help with the Hyundai. Sorry.

Wolsty

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 19-Apr-02 AT 10:46 PM (GMT)]Hi Cindy, there are some files specifically written for the Hyundai 1000, not sure whether the boris is one of them. It may of course be that the keys for that provider are out of date, so worth checking. I can't remember where I saw the files but I'll have a root around later :)

Rolf

C

cindy

Hi Rolf
Thanks for that and your help, will wait to see if you can find them, I'll have a look around myself as well.
cindy

T

turnip

Just because you've stood on the terraces at the Stretford End doesn't give you the right to call the rest of us Southern Jessies.
I've been a staunch Man-Utd follower since the early 1990's and I'm as committed a fan as anyone. If only you'd endured the pain of having Gary & Phil Neville tatooed on each testicle, you wouldn't be so quick to criticise!
Turnip.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL Turnip, what a truly horrible thought, the Neville brothers on yer wedding tackle. Given their record as well, you'd be unlikely to score :)

Rolf

C

collies111

Your system can only decrypt Irdeto 1 and Filmnet is crypt using Irdeto 2. As far as I am aware Irdeto 2 has not yet been hacked
:(