Atlantic Bird 7

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
wod said:
I am thinking about swapping my 90cm dish to 1.2m to have a proper look on ab7.

Is it worth the bother ?

As you already have the 1.2m you might aswell put it up anyway (you would only need to swap the dish face with arms anyway wouldn't you, so just 4 bolts and it's done ???)

I only swapped from a 1.1m triax to a 1.2m cm, and it was worth it (i've not gained any extra sats as such, but I have increased the signal on most and picked up alot more channels).

jcm193

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertinti 1.25 and a Channel Master 1.8
inverto black ultra lnbs
Vu+duo
My Location
south devon
Forgot to mention there is jsc sports hd 1 and 2 on 7w now which is a bonus

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
wod said:
I might stick it up for 26e though as I can get a few channels on there.

on 26e mate only channels worth watching are mbc ones

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well surely it depends upon ones tastes, interests and linguistic abilities?

jcm193

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertinti 1.25 and a Channel Master 1.8
inverto black ultra lnbs
Vu+duo
My Location
south devon
Fox movies and Fox tv are also very good as well plus AD Sports HD is an easier catch on 26 e i can get them all from around 5pm onwards if its not raining on my 1.8m on 7 w your looking at a 3 m dish

martinuk said:

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 54

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
Tivù said:
Well surely it depends upon ones tastes, interests and linguistic abilities?

Indeed it does mate

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
cokeaddict said:
As you already have the 1.2m you might aswell put it up anyway (you would only need to swap the dish face with arms anyway wouldn't you, so just 4 bolts and it's done ???)

I only swapped from a 1.1m triax to a 1.2m cm, and it was worth it (i've not gained any extra sats as such, but I have increased the signal on most and picked up alot more channels).

yes but i dont think i can lift the dish up the ladder as its above the roof the dish.

how did you get your 1.2m up there carry it up ?

martinuk said:

yeah i do get these and dubai one but they go off when it rains heavy.

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
Yes I put the arms and lnb onto the dish face and it was carried it up on it's own (father in law, as I am not a fan of ladders), and bolted it to the polor mount when on the roof.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i had a look at my dish setup today and altered it a little and now cant get anything from ab 7 but everything else and 26e is better.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Isn't AB7 on 7.2W rather than 7W?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
its listed as at 7west on flysat.

i could get 11296h and 12169v a couple of days ago but tweaked dish a little today and now nothing. to be honest i'm not really that bothered was just interested to see if i could improve the reception a bit as never had anything from 7west before but dont want to lose anything i have now as i have improved mbc 26e signal a bit so i think i'll leave it before i mess it up some more.

2night

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vantage hd 8000s
120 cm dish

windows 7
My Location
friesland (nl)
hoi,

MBC group hired transponder on AB 7:
PR/69/11
MBC GROUP PICKS EUTELSAT’S ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 SATELLITE TO SUPPORT
HDTV ROLL-OUT ACROSS THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
Paris, 31 October 2011
Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) and MBC Group announce the signature of a
multiyear contract for capacity on Eutelsat’s new ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite at 7 degrees West.
The lease of a full transponder will enable MBC to expand its platform of channels addressing
viewers in the Middle East and North Africa, particularly new HD content which the Group is
preparing to launch in January 2012. The announcement was made at Digital TV Middle East, the
broadcast and broadband conference taking place in Dubai from November 1 to 2.
The new contract cements a 20-year relationship between Eutelsat and MBC Group which began
in 1991 with the launch of MBC1, the first pan-Arab free-to-air satellite station. Over the past 18
years, MBC has developed a network comprising ten TV channels, two radio stations and a
production house to forge a leading media and broadcasting group in the Middle East, among
other media platforms such as VOD (shahid.net), SMS and MMS services. The move into HDTV
reflects the Group's commitment to delivering the latest technology and superior television
content.
Launched on September 24, ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 brings first-class resources to 7 degrees West,
an established video neighbourhood delivering Arab and international channels into almost 30
million satellite homes. The satellite’s significant Ku-band resources enable broadcasters to
launch new Standard Digital and HD content. Its broad footprint expands reach of satellite TV
homes located from the North African Atlantic coastline across to the Gulf States.
Commenting on the new contract, MBC Group’s COO Sam Barnett said: “We are enthusiastic
about this additional capacity on the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite that will allow us to further
expand in the future and meet the expectations of our loyal viewers across the MENA region”.
Andrew Wallace, Eutelsat Chief Commercial Officer, added: “With MBC Group’s selection of
ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 as their chosen platform to move into HDTV we are even more excited
about the potential of our new satellite to partner broadcasters in the Middle East and North
Africa. This is a great start for ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 and we look forward to furthering our
longstanding presence and strong partnerships across the region and playing our part in the
ongoing roll-out of HDTV”.
Eutelsat’s ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite has replaced ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A at 7 degrees West.
The transfer of 400 TV channels onto the new satellite took place on October 23.
About MBC Group
MBC Group is the first private free-to-air satellite broadcasting company in the Arab World. It was
launched in London in 1991 and later moved to its headquarters in Dubai in 2002. Over the past 20 years,
MBC Group has grown to become a well-established media group that enriches people’s lives through
information, interaction and entertainment. Based in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, MBC Group
includes 10 television channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment), MBC2 and MBC MAX (24-hour
movies), MBC3 (children’s entertainment), MBC4 (entertainment for new Arab women), MBC Action
(action series and movies), MBC Persia (24-hour movie channel dubbed in Farsi) , Al Arabiya (the 24-
hour Arabic language news channel); Wanasah (24-hour Arabic music channel) and MBC Drama (24
hour Arabic drama on Paid TV) and two radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music), and Panorama FM
(contemporary Arabic hit music); as well as O3 productions, a specialized documentary production unit.

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
Lets hope its hd mbc

pikmaxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4620 reciever , 90 cm Dawlia dish
My Location
South of Iraq

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
The HD versions of the MBC channels have been on Nilesat 201 for a while, though they are scrambled. Obviously we know now, that moving to AB7 will allow them to reach a wider geographic audience. I have a feeling they'll still be encrypted unless they transfer from 201 totally and go FTA. But there are for sale, MBC HD set top boxes which have paired viewing cards and I can't see MBC suddenly decrypting, making them redundant and losing a revenue stream.

charly20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium
guys, without offense, do you know how to read??

the statement says:

"new HD content which the Group is preparing to launch in January 2012"

so it does NOT involve the actual HD channels on 201.

It's probably new HD channels to enrich their HD content on their HD receivers.

zuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat 7W
Amos 4W (me beam)
EW3A 7E
Hotbird 13E
Astra 1M 19E
EW4/W7 36E
My Location
Tbilisi, Georgia
pikmaxx said:
By the way , poor reception from AB 7 here in Iraq , similar reports from Iran , Turkey , Syria , Lebanon , Palestine .

AB 4A was much better regarding the signal strength .

can confirm this - no signal in Georgia too (1.5m dish)

pikmaxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4620 reciever , 90 cm Dawlia dish
My Location
South of Iraq
zuu said:
can confirm this - no signal in Georgia too (1.5m dish)

Does this mean that you were able to recieve Atlantic Bird 4A previously ??

zuu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat 7W
Amos 4W (me beam)
EW3A 7E
Hotbird 13E
Astra 1M 19E
EW4/W7 36E
My Location
Tbilisi, Georgia
90cm dish was more than enough for AB4A and all of Nilesat satellites

alanko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm
My Location
london
Captain Jack said:
Isn't AB7 on 7.2W rather than 7W?

interesting, that may explain why i can't get Nilesat101 & 102 .. as i pointed to strongest signal of AB7? now am getting some of 102 verticals at night .. so it must be that.. i should had set it to 7W not AB7