Atlantic Bird 7

OK, thanks Pete. It's one of the few TP's on AB7 I have difficulty with. It's probably in there on the scan peak, just blotted out by the data channel. No doubt a combination of low AB7 signal where I am and my dish not dropping the AB3 signal off as I move from AB3 to AB7 - it stays at about the same level, i.e very strong; maybe a side lobe that my dish is picking up?
 
Llew said:
low AB7 signal
That transponder is pretty flaky even from here. I can get it (Top Movies) with the Fibo 90, but not with the T90. Most other transponders on that satellite are an easy catch with the T90, so maybe it is on a different beam.
 
Just scanned 11680 and picked up 12 services.

Top movies coming in with around 55% signal
 
Hi all,

I have found that if I tweak my dish to obtain optimum signal strength/signal quality on 12.168V [27500]... then I also get the best results for 11.680H [27500]

11.680H [27500] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 38.0 Mbps [Middle East/North Africa Beam]

Top Movies TV [VPID 0711/APID 0717/PPID 0711]
Al Tahrir [VPID 0721/APID 0722/PPID 0721]
Oamah 2012 [VPID 0831/APID 0832/PPID 0831]
ATN Egypt [VPID 0751/APID 0752/PPID 0751]
4D TV Game [VPID 4130/APID 4131/PPID 4130]
Hemma TV [VPID 0761/APID 0762/PPID 0761]
Halaba TV [VPID 0811/APID 0812/PPID 0811]
Time Mazika [VPID 0781/APID 0782/PPID 0781]
Beur TV France [VPID 0791/APID 0792/PPID 0791]
Al Moltaqa [VPID 0771/APID 0772/PPID 0771]
Discover Islam [VPID 0801/APID 0802/PPID 0801]
Unrwa TV [VPID 0821/APID 0822/PPID 0821]

My Signal readings (1.15pm)

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 54%

I have attached some photos below... and as you can see... my signal quality went from 50% to 58% in about two minutes... then back down to 54% and it has remained steady there since...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    #1 Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    39 KB · Views: 58
  • #2  Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    #2 Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 61
  • #3  Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    #3 Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 50
  • #4  Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    #4 Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 46
  • #5  Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    #5 Atlantic Bird 7 at 7.0°W 11.680H [27500].webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 51
Thanks fellers. Strange indeed, as I say all but a couple or so TP's come in loud and clear most of the time, and it's a MENA beam according to KofS. Maybe a larger dish than mine might be able to differentiate between the AB3 and AB7 TP.
 
Llew said:
it's a MENA beam according to KofS.
My guess is ME but not NA. If it really were for NA I'm sure I'd get it a lot stronger.

Off topic: CokeAddict, how do you like your latest aquisition?
 
Huevos said:
Off topic: CokeAddict, how do you like your latest aquisition?

I love it mate, it's a little faster than the duo was (not a huge amount), but it has so much free memory (and flash) that there really is scope to push it. Once it's more readily avaliable i'm sure there will be some great features added in the images for it.

The 3rd tuner is very welcome too, meaning I can record 2 channels whilst watching a 3rd (or recording a 3rd) on different satellites or transponders.

The large customisable LCD display is nice too.

The only things I can knock it for so far, is the remote control that comes with it is crap (looks great but unless you have small fingers it's rubbish), so I replaced it with 1 from an Uno :), and the price (although it's cheaper than the dm7020hd, and has the space for the 3rd tuner unlike the dm7020hd).
 
cokeaddict said:
The only things I can knock it for so far, is the remote control that comes with it is crap
I've got one too but not set up yet. Agree about the remote being small and fiddly. I think I might buy a remote for the Uno from WoS. That way I'll be able to slot it in place overnight and none of the other users will notice the transition.
 
Just wondering what type of dish and LNB I would need to get AB7 in all weather conditions?

It's for the following TP 11354V.

Yes, this is my first post but I haven't really come across what I have asked and YES I am very inexperienced with regards to this. If someone can please point me in the right direction I can take it from there. Also is there any other thread where I can request (will pay obviously) someone to set something like this up for me?
 
Round here you are looking at a minimum of 1.8m. I would hazard a guess it's going to be closer to 2m, and unless you are trying to get just AB7, you may have to motorise the reflector as well to get the signals off the other 7W satellites.

The Mena footprint is designed to keep content in the African/ME region for the programe rights to be retained.
 
I can get this TP in west yorkshire with my 1.2m dish, although rain does knock the signal out, but would think further south in london a 1.2m would do the trick 24/7 for this one.
 
10992V has been activated. flysat says it's on the NW Africa Beam. First reports from Germany (SW&NE) at _http://www.dishworld.de/thread.php?threadid=3226&page=9 show that it's much weaker than 11156V. In Zilina/Slovakia surprisingly 10992V is much stronger than in Germany.

Please have a look on both and report if you do (not) get them. Reports from France and Spain in particular are very appreciated.
 
I cannot receive these 10992V & 11156V on AB-7 NW African Beam.
 
Thanks. I should have added that those in Germany and Slovakia that have managed to receive them are using 2.20m Kathrein, 3.65m and 1.70m Mabo.
 
I've just carried out some maintenance on my motorised dish (after the storms) and can't get receive a hint of a signal from either of those TP's. Most horizontal and vertical TP's from 101, 102 and AB7 are coming in fine.
 
10992 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 3/4 Al Jazeera Sport , Al Jazeera Sport Channels , no signal :mad:
11156 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 20000 3/4 Al Aoula Maroc , Arryadia 2 , Aflam TV , 2M National L=90%---Q=72%
for reception i used antenna offset 1m ,lnb inverto ultra black, golden media 9080, madrid
 
Just goes to show that you cannot believe some of these footprints as I should be able to get both of these if the MENA footprint is actually much further North than the predicted coverage but the NWA is much tighter than the MENA predicted Coverage ?
Lets hope that Badr-7 destine for 26 east in 2nd 1/2 of 2012 is the same as AB-7 :-thumb1
 

Attachments

  • 7w-AB7-MENA.gif
    7w-AB7-MENA.gif
    41.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 7w-AB7-NWA.gif
    7w-AB7-NWA.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 40
bonou2 said:
10992 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 3/4 Al Jazeera Sport , Al Jazeera Sport Channels , no signal :mad:
for reception i used antenna offset 1m ,lnb inverto ultra black, golden media 9080, madrid

Thanks a lot. You don't know if anybody in Southern Spain is receiving this, don't you ?
 
sonnetpete said:
I've just carried out some maintenance on my motorised dish (after the storms) and can't get receive a hint of a signal from either of those TP's. Most horizontal and vertical TP's from 101, 102 and AB7 are coming in fine.

Most of which satellite ? Are you getting all of AB7 MENA ? Any of 201 you can receive as well ?
 
deepbluesky said:
Most of which satellite ? Are you getting all of AB7 MENA ? Any of 201 you can receive as well ?

Well perhaps I didn't explain too clearly. Most vertical and horizontal transponders from Nilesat 101 and 102 during the day, any missing ones come in after dark. AFAIK, I receive all FTA on AB7 MENA 24/7. There is no trace of any signal from Nilesat 201.
 
Back
Top