Not open for further replies.

james_london

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Sky sat, 1 W Euro sat
My Location
London
Hi

Is Australian satellite TV available in England? I want to get Optus B1 at 160.0°E if possible...

Thanks a lot.

:confused

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Dig a tunnel or move

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
james_london said:
Hi

Is Australian satellite TV available in England? I want to get Optus B1 at 160.0°E if possible...

Thanks a lot.

:-Welcome1 to the forum james_london
Although Likvid was quicker to respond to me he is correct, in the UK we can only see satellites from approx 60 East to 60 West as that is the extent of the Clarke curve that can be viewed from the UK.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
james_london said:
Hi

Thanks a lot.

To be honest I never knew anything about Clarkes belt and if I could Aussie TV. When I did a search I soon discovered why not. :confused

james_london

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Sky sat, 1 W Euro sat
My Location
London
So does that mean in Australia you can also not get European TV?

That's so annoying! Don't they carry those channels on more than one satellite... I want to get ABC and SBS in England. :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would guess that there would not be sufficient demand for more than the odd channel from either continent, also satellite transponder space is very expensive .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
james_london said:

That's so annoying! Don't they carry those channels on more than one satellite... I want to get ABC and SBS in England. :(

You cant. Move to Oz to watch them! :D

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
james_london said:

:D G day mate. I think its fair dinkum and the providers should be clobbered. Nothing better than a few Fosters and a Shelia giving us a show.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
TJExcalibur said:
:D G day mate. I think its fair dinkum and the providers should be clobbered. Nothing better than a few Fosters and a Shelia giving us a show.

Oh dear TJ....that sounds horrible....

Anyway, having had the pleasure of watching Australian TV for 9 month: Stick to UK TV, James....Advertising is not half as obnoctious and I reckon Home and Away is still showing ;) and not to forget Kath and Kim was showing some weeks ago...

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
T_G said:
Oh dear TJ....that sounds horrible....

:-ohmy :-ohmy :-ohmy Fair dinkum mate. :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Downunder TV have plans to launch on Sky, but thats likely to be the nearest we get to Aussie tv here in Europe.

(No I dont know what their programming line up is likely to be!)

Welsh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mil full spectrum sat transreciver 8 meter dish + 3.7meter secondary for bi-directrional use , and 3 custom build server's with over 50Ghz capacity of raw data procesing, with multi encryption / decryption software, plus card slots for paid for UK TV
My Location
Wales
TJExcalibur said:

Hi there,
If you can read first and pass on please the fact of thematter is that the only way we here in the UK can get hold of Aussie televisionLive is if you have the ability decrypt the signal replayed here, from theMilitary satellites used by the commonwealth government, so Ten, 7, SBS and soon are available to Australian Embassy and any of their visiting Warships. The Signals are otherwise not availablebecause of Copy write, Business and political contractual obligations, so theAnswer is yes you can get them, but even with my set up, unless I have the twoway authentication protocols, I can not get them, I can watch East coast feedsfrom the States as I have a relative in the “DOD” plus dual citizenship with specialpermission from the US State department, as I have done some work for them.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
6 Years, 2.5 months, has to be a record necropost..... :-worship

(I think the topic of receiving aussie TV can these days be solved with a Slingbox in Oz, but, I think the O/P has long since abandoned their quest)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes indeed.

Interesting solution, but probably best to close this venerable Thread.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
P.S. Nice system you got there

Status
Not open for further replies.