AV1 issue......................

nickbrace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Plus, Orbit
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi,
I have something that is bothered me regarding my AV connections on my tv and although its not stopping me scarting up my connections, etc - its bugging me!
This is the problem.....I have 2 satellite receiver, 1 Freeview box and a DVD player........If either of satellite of freeview scart leads go into AV1 then I get a grainy picture - in AV2 or AV3 they are are they should be! Now I scart my DVD player to AV1 and the picture coming from DVD is perfect................what on earth do you think is going on? If the Freeview box for instance has a perfect picture on AV2 and bad picture on AV1 then I immediately thought there might be a fault on my tv AV1 socket - BUT I suspect that theory is incorrect as why would my DVD player show such a perfect picture on AV1 if that was the case.......................?!
Any ideas?!??
Nick

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Don't really have an answer to that complicated set up, I have never been priviledged enough to have that much equipment. Also you have not mentioned which scart leads produce what results. The only reason I am posting is because I had a similar problem for many months until I discovered that one of the scart pins was migrating inside the casing slightly as it was pressed into the socket, but was being pushed in place again by the cable soldered on the back. It produced an intermittant fault which seemed to depend on the temperature. Also bear in mind some scart leads are extremely cheap and nasty and are only worth binning.:eek:

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
I believe that A/V setup is incorrect in your Freeview box. I suggest go through the instruction manual and set it up properly. Is it called System setting and Media setting.