Avaliable encrypted channels on satellite

Chrisjc

Reaction score
Website
www.amoose.com
My Satellite Setup
1m dish with crappy LNB. Broadlogic 2030 DVB-S card. Athlon 3200+ 1GB RAM, 760GB Harddrive, Radeon 9700Pro.
My Location
Whitstable, Kent, UK
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to Satellites.co.uk forums, and I'm quite liking them so far. Seem to be a warm and friendly place to chat about sattv. I have had a long standing interest in satellite tv, but haven't been able to really carry it out for a few years. I used to have a nice analogue and D2-MAC setup with TV1000 and C+ et all, that was all good fun. I bought myself a Nokia 9600S a while ago and had a good play with that, but was restricted by lack of money for a CAM and the fact I couldn't use my dish for a while. I have now gone on to a nice little broadlogic 2030 and my 1m dish set up to 13 east. I'm having to re-align my dish daily, due to lack of a pole, with my Digisat 3 but its a small price to pay for some fun :)
I sort of understand all the different encryption types on digsat but am a bit confused as to what systems are hacked and what aren't. I know S*ca2 and nagra2 haven't been hacked yet (although I see keys around), but what about the other ones?
I have a copy of yankse installed in progdvb, I have the latest copy I can find of softcam.key, but I can't seem to get any encrypted channels to work :(. One channel which says is unencrypted is Eurosport, I've looked at yankse and it says its encrypted and is apparently decrypting it with a suitable key, but I cannot get a picture. Most FTA stuff seems to work fine.

What channels are avaliable through the well-known codes in softcam.key (I've tried a few different up-to-date files to no avail)?

I'm doing this more as a fun thing to spend my time doing, opposed to any serious television viewing :)

I'd really appreciate anyone that can help me, also I'm looking for people to chat to on MSN about satellite stuff.

SatTV can be exciting stuff :D

Thanks

Chris

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
:-Welcome1

The simple answer is that the situation changes all the time - what is open one day may be out of date the next.

A lot of factors will determine what you can watch - receiver, CAM, software, dish size etc. The only way to keep up with the ever changing availability is to visit regularly.

I have no idea about what your problem may be, but if you check using the search option at the top I'm sure you'll find some of the answers.

Welcome back - and I hope you manage to get a pole soon - scaffolding ones are handy ;)

Chrisjc

Reaction score
Website
www.amoose.com
My Satellite Setup
1m dish with crappy LNB. Broadlogic 2030 DVB-S card. Athlon 3200+ 1GB RAM, 760GB Harddrive, Radeon 9700Pro.
My Location
Whitstable, Kent, UK
I'm interested in what I can receive and decrypt with my copy of ProgDVB, yankse and my dish aligned to either 13 or 19.2. I would like to know what other people receive with the same sort of setup. What are you guys decrypting with your standard softcam.key's ?

Chris

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Go and look at the appropriate sections!

You can forget anything in cryptoworks, videoguard-nds and powervu for starters though.