Badr 4 26 E Problems

ryrazzer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
uk
Hi all. Had a right nightmare and hope someone can help. I have been in central London today trying to install a 1.1M dish for use with Badr 4. I have a horizon HD s2 meter and cannot for the life on me get a lock. I can get everything else but! The receiver is a technomate and when I am locked onto Astra 28.2, as a last attempt I moved the dish a fraction across. Didn't lock on my meter but on the receiver, when I selected Badr 4 there was good signal quality and strength, but when scanning on the selected transponders, it just came up with the Astra channels.

Please help, I'm going insane!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A common problem as most of the Badr4 frequencies & symbol rates are the same as at 28E.

However try for

12182 H
16200 3/4

The 16200 SR is not a copy of 28E

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Should be pretty easy on that size dish on that transponder as its not used on 28e

Hometech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung SkyHD box & Inspiron 1720 with Windows 7
My Location
Norwich
Are you saying just stick the reviewer on that transponder and align thy way? Is there a reason why the horizon won't lock?

Hometech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
I have the same problem. Can you just explain about using the transponder to find the satellite. How come you can't get a lock with a horizon?

ryrazzer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
uk
Once you get a signal under the Badr satellite on the receiver, how you you stop it storing the Astra channels?

Thanks for the replies btw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The reason the Horizon won't lock is probably that when they set the search frequency or frequencies, they've picked frequencies which are too weak in your area with the dish you have, or there is a clash with an Astra 28.2 frequency, or even a 23.5 frequency.

In my experience, the smaller or lower quality the dish, the more chance there is of frequency clash due to the increased beam width.

ryrazzer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
uk
The reason the Horizon won't lock is probably that when they set the search frequency or frequencies, they've picked frequencies which are too weak in your area with the dish you have, or there is a clash with an Astra 28.2 frequency, or even a 23.5 frequency.

In my experience, the smaller or lower quality the dish, the more chance there is of frequency clash due to the increased beam width.

Ok thanks. The dish is a 1.1 M and is located in central London. I managed to get a signal reading on the Technomate receiver of 80 - 90% quality but when I scanned it just picked up the Astra channels.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
The Horizon's are not the best meter to work with, you need a meter capable of reading NIT with a trace.. or you will have to use the receiver for Badr 4. Then again, some receivers may still lock on Astra2.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If that's a Triax TD110, then it's a 1m dish, I prefer something like a Gibertini 1.25m for that satellite, just gives that extra separation.

Also using a meter with a spectrum display helps, as you can see the 26E transponders appearing and disappearing as you move between 28.2 and 23.5.

Hometech

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich
Anyone fancy aligning it up for me near Camden, London?

icecube

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8
My Location
Kuwait
try this freq 12399 V 27500 3/4
or 12523 H 27500 3/4

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Once you get a signal under the Badr satellite on the receiver, how you you stop it storing the Astra channels?

Thanks for the replies btw

If you are getting 28E when the dish is pointing at 26E then the dish is too small or has imperfections in it both of which increase the acceptance angle of the dish.

You may need a bigger dish (= narrower acceptance angle)

mayyash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish, cheap receiver from Jordan. Picks up Astra2 just fine
My Location
London
Hi,

I live in London, and I still can't get Badr 4.
1. I got a cheap (but new) receiver from Jordan (dead cheap prices there). I noticed that it has Badr 2/3/4, when I think it should be Badr 3/4/5. The receiver also is missing a lot of transponders. I am talking about transponders found on lyngsat.com and kingofsat.net. for example, the transponder 11919 27500 H is missing. Does this mean this receiver is no good for use in UK (i doubt that). Mind you, I am able to manually add the transponders in.
2. When I do add the transponder, and direct the dish, it receives a very strong signal (90% strength, 72% quality), but the channels are all german (i think), which makes me believe it is directed to another satellite, most likely Astra, since it is close by. I did try to tune to 12182 H 16200 3/4, as mentioned in this thread, but no signal at all, whatever direction i point the dish to.
3. I bought the dish from London, it is 1m, and i put it up myself. The feed horn (the LN:cool: is baught from Jordan. Do you think I should get one from UK?
4. I think the setup is OK (i.e. the receiver, cables, ..etc) since if I direct it to Astra and search for channels, i get about 300 channels, but all german (except aljazeera)
5. what is the significance of the 12V to the LNB? there is an option to turn on/off 12V to LNB

So far, all my attempts to tune to Badr 4 has failed. I keep getting german channels! Do you think if I change the receiver, i will be able to pick up the channels? I admit that I found so many software bugs in the receiver, but I think i am working around them just fine.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
As you have stated you are probably on Astra 1, 19.2E, but given your location, and dish size, you should be getting much better signal quality than 72%, which makes me think your dish is not aligned correctly, to follow the satellite arc.
Can you please post some details, of the channels you are receiving, Frequency, Polarity, Symbol Rate, and if possible the channel name, look on your television not your receiver, as your receiver could be displaying the wrong channel name.

mayyash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hi,
I tried to direct the dish as best as i could, i used http://dishpointer.com/ to find the angel to magnetic pol and elevation angel. I used Android app (satellite directory) to aid in position the dish, I also paid attention to the scale carved on the back dish arm (which tells the elevation angle).

By doing that, I will get a good signal for transponder 11919 H 27500, which should get MBC channels, but all i get are german channels. I will get the list for you again, but as i remember, there were many canal+ channels (displaying just canala+ logo) and they were called CH#1234 or something, there were WWDR channels (can't remember clearly, but there were many many of them)

I will try again today, and find you the list. But what do you want the list for?

By the way, Satellite director app is great

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You are on 19.2E, not 26.0 E.................

(The list would have been to affirm diagnosis of incorrect Satellite)

That said, the Channels quote are nowhere near 11919.

If you'd reported you were getting TV Nord, TV Oost etc, then that would have shown you were on 23.5E.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
11919 is not a good tp to try for - its on a weaker beam in the UK, and is one to peak the dish up on AFTER you have it correctly aligned on 26E.

mayyash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
hi,

on the current direction, I'm indeed getting on tp 11919 27500 tv oost and tv noord
searching the transponder gets:
omrop fryslan tel
tv noord
tv drenthe
tv oost
tv tv gelderland
omroep zeeland
(just 6 channel, though the signal strength is 90% and quality is 74%
Can you suggest a better transponder to check with?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok, so we've now established that you're on 23.5E, so the merest nudge further East should get you 26E.

12182 H 16200 is a useful one to try (Yemen TV).